Tint or no tint?

Tint or no tint?

I've always liked tinted windows although I feel like they look good on expensive cars and bad/stupid/trashy/w.e on cheap cars. However, I think this may be an exception since it has black paint+rims what do you guys think?

A good tint will look good on any car (unless its a green Dodge Neon with missing paint).

Don't go over the top though. Just get a 50% max, and be sure to not be a cheap fuck. If you get the shitty purple tint, then prepare to ruin the looks of your car.

It does look trashy.

But this is Veeky Forums so your vampire skin is gonna burn from any UV exposure longer than 15 seconds.

also NJ is the most pussy state with tint laws, you literally cannot have any at all in the front. I do see people every single day with it however so I'm wondering how enforced it is? Anyone out there with illegal tints can weigh in....have you ever been pulled over just for the tint?

My fiesta is tinted and it looks good

Should I tint? Kinda think it looks good clean, but quite torn.

If I do, would be 50% all around ceramic tint and a clear uv on windshield

>buying a shitty new econobox
Should've just gotten a civic for 3k.

All 50 states make it illegal to do windshield.

Everything else varies.

>in the front
I'm talking about the front windows. I wouldn't try to tint the windshield. Anyone with illegally tinted windows ever get hassled for it? At this point in my life I won't be riding around with weed in the car or anything so getting pulled over wouldn't be the wrost but paying multiple $100 tickets would really take all the appeal out of ever getting it tinted for me

think about it op. who tints their windows? do race car drivers tint the windows of their race car? no, they dont. do black people tint their windows to hide from the police? yes, they do. so you have to ask yourself. do you drive a race car or do you drive a niggermobile?

is a non rs fiesta a good car? Ive been looking for a small cheap dd that´s still somewhat recent (2010+) I kinda like the styling of the fiesta, and they seem to go for around 5k in my area.

>inb4 3k civic

A 2010+ civic is still around the 10k mark in my europoor country

I have an ST and a friend with a 5 spd SE trim Fiesta and it's still pretty amusing. Nowhere near the ST though.

IMO cars like that should not be tinted. Completely factory, non-modified old sports cars are worth more than modified versions, so if you plan on keeping it for a long time, do not tint. Although I suppose you could remove the tint with some hassle.

My opinion is also probably invalid because I prefer no tint on all cars. :)

>niggermobile
exactly. I believe the niggers refer to black paint, black rims, and black tints as "murdered out" :(

I tint my windows because it gets hot as ever loving fuck in the summers here.
Police that get triggered by tint need to get a new job; tint should only be an additional fine on top of another, more valid traffic violation

>but the driver might have a gun!
I KNOW the cop has a gun. Besides, if dark Windows scare you, don't pull the car over.

i mean, do you ever see an intelligent person with their windows tinted? No, it's always fuckboys, niggers, teenagers, drug dealers, etc. take a stroll through the parking lot of a tech/financial company or law office or something. youll find zero tinted windows, because people who are not a waste of life dont do that. by tinting your windows you put yourself into a category. do you want to be in that category?

>Police that get triggered by tint need to get a new job; tint should only be an additional fine on top of another, more valid traffic violation

>other people should change, not me
>i should be able to do whatever i want
>if i get hassled it's not my fault, it's the system
welp you definitely fit into the tint category, so have at it.

>Not knowing tint wasn't regulated until cops demanded a law because they were afraid.
>literally your mocking greentext describes what the police did by saying everyone should change and not them.

I feel like you would never see a FiST there either so I may be too far down that road already

>i mean, do you ever see an intelligent person with their windows tinted
If you live in a place that is sunny and hot, you'd be retarded not to have tint

just saying, blaming others for your missteps instead of taking personal responsibility is the hallmark trait of an ignorant, unsuccessful person. you will never become the master of your domain with that way of thinking, friend.

i assume you mean the south? intelligent people do not live in the south so i fail to see the point youre trying to make.

t. busrider

subway rider, actually. i live downtown so my car sits in storage. i only get to drive it maybe once a month when i have the time to make it up to the track.

Tint that bitch. Get it done by a shop that knows what they're doing.

Whats it with you and 3k civics? Is that your dreamcar you'll never afford?

Do tints actually make your car stay cooler? This seems backwards

If the tint has the proper qualities, yes it will help keep your vehicle cooler.

And tint isn't just about temperature. UV light destroys everything it touches over time. Tinting your windows -- and doing a clear ceramic UV tint on the windshield -- also helps prevent damage to the interior of the car from the sun. Because fuck the sun.

Neat. This is the only reason I would do it

most new cars have UV protection built into the glass from the factory

I got a 2011 SES before they had the ST and it was a great commuter. i fucked up and got an autotragic. id only get one if you can row your own.

>Anyone with illegally tinted windows ever get hassled for it?

From my own personal experience cops really don't care unless you're acting suspiciously. They may use it as an excuse to pull you over to see who you are. Or maybe as an additional thing to tack on if you're pulled over for something else.

Chris fix still tints, NJ resident

I say tint tastefully, help protect that interior and your eyes to some extent

And its absolute shit.

Idk, I don't get burned even on long car trips and I'm white as fuck

You're a retard. Almost every single car has tinted windows where I live. The only ones that don't are shit boxes. It's pretty much seen as something you do if you spend any kind of time actually driving.

>where I live
in the south? with the rest of the nation's trash?

I live in phoenix AZ and getting my windows tinted was one of the best things I ever did. Got the windshield tinted as well and never been hassled in 5 years.

I have an AZ car with heavy tint all around. Never been bothered by cops even after I moved to CA where it's illegal.

Untinted windows are strange.

Not sure how it works in Freedomland, but here in Yurop most manufacturers tint the rear windows on the higher trim levels. "Privacy windows" they call them.

What if you tint it but cops think you are a gangster and shoot you?

>niggers are into murdered out cars
wtf
I thought they loved their noisy eyesores with bright colors and huge wheels
I thought the murdered out look was a white American thing
then again, I'm not American

>a tech/financial company or law office or something
according to that logic we should all drive Accords and Camrys with the odd C-Class, fuck off

>insulates defroster lines
>keeps cars cooler
>top of the line tint is max. 700 on a sedan

why not?

>700
>for a tint
lol wtf
here in south america we get the best safety films with tint for less than 400

>captcha
what did google mean by this

>Tfw top of the line ceramic tint, 20% on the sides and rear of my mustang
Love it m8. Looks sick

I didn't say I paid 700, I said that's the max price for practically any car.

I paid 320 for 3M 20%VLT with a lifetime warranty

>Doing anything in south america

kek

here we have 3M too but we also have better stuff
400 bucks gets you 300 micron triple layer security polymer

>he doesn't have tint

i am laffing

>Do tints actually make your car stay cooler?
They do in Arizona. It is MUCH better. Today's eco-friendlier (still not friendly) refrigerants don't cool as well as that good old R-12 freon. So you have to tint or else your A/C doesn't keep up with the head load from untinted windows.

Car prowlers hate window tint It makes it hard to see inside the car for things to loot, so that costs them more time to look.. It also holds the broken glass together longer so it wastes their time.

25% rear windows
0% front windows

Maximum visibility, bright lights are blocked from behind

>catfish mouth grill
THIS DESIGN TREND AND TOYOTA AND LEXUS NEEDS TO END NOW REEEEEEE

Fiestas look like hot garbage anyway so go nuts

You mean 100% front windows. 0% is black spraypaint. Also most newish cars have been doing factory 70% which is hard to tell they look untinted

This nigga knows his shit

You can still get R-12 though.

I had my 2000 Explorer recharged with it last year.

Tint definitely keeps the inside of your car cooler and helps the A/C feel colder and if some nigger decides to smash in your window It's going to cut the fuck out of him because it won't shatter. The film will hold all the glass together making it very hard to get in the window even after It's broken, Especially without cutting the shit out of yourself.

3M is GOAT

Tint is great, keeps the interior cool and stops people looking at me in my shitty dd. I got 20% on my front windows to match the factory tints and it's cozy af.
Only issue is it can be hard to see out at night if it's raining. 35% is a good amount for visibility

Hmmm, I'll look into doing 70% front 25% rear on my eg hatch.
Thoughts?

all these people so triggered by tint.

as long as it's done well it will be fine

70% will do nothing to protect against the sun on a hot ass day. I'd recommend at least 50%.

nice Braun razor

>what are UV filters
there's tint that is like 90%, which you can even apply on windshields, and blocks 99% of UV

WOW, that thing is extra ugly
fucking US regulations man
those orange indicators trigger me

>insulates defroster lines
why would you want to do that? doesn't it insulate them from the thing they're trying to defrost?

>Tint definitely keeps the inside of your car cooler and helps the A/C feel colder and if some nigger decides to smash in your window It's going to cut the fuck out of him because it won't shatter. The film will hold all the glass together making it very hard to get in the window even after It's broken, Especially without cutting the shit out of yourself.
>3M is GOAT
wrong
the point is that it will take much longer to open the window, so unless it's a desolate place they'll leave before the cops show up and arrest their ass

Ok?

I lol'd too hard at this.

Chances are you won't get pulled over unless you're doing something else to bring attention to yourself. They'll only use your tints as an excuse to pull you over or just to add another ticket. Same goes for not having a front plate

I live in WA, the sun is welcome when it is here. 70% in the front is more so to reduce lights bouncing inside and off my mirrors at night

semi-serious question: is there such thing as a transitional window tint filter like on glasses? and if not, why not?