/xiv2/ - Alternative Final Fantasy 14 General

/xiv2/ is for discussion pertaining to Final Fantasy XIV only. Discord circlejerking, tripfags, and avatarfagging are not allowed and should be taken to /xivg/ instead.

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Callback Campaign
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>FFXiV Amazon Promotion April 25th - May 8th
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/88d7bde755680b54588da68b55120b58004694f1

>Patch 3.57 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/7ee22ba181fbc53f3579bb5d97e21a459f2ab5b3

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>New info on class changes for 4.0
/r/ffxiv/comments/5xrv3u/more_information_from_korean_live_letter/

Last thread: n.a

Other urls found in this thread:

ffxivcensus.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hey, I need some inspiration, can I see some characters? Thanks!

What are they doing with the flying/swimming in Stormblood? Is it still aether currents bullshit?

Never post on our thread again.

"You say no quality poster should wield these discussions? Then I shall gladly become a shitposter! I will suckle on the souls of hopeless, and liberate the general thread they no longer deserve!"

I want Kiss to be my bf

>/xiv2/

delete the thread and remake it properly idiot.

Think they said swimming needs nothing.
Flying likely will be Aether currents.

Can't delete OPs in Veeky Forums, they have to be flagged with reports and janitors delete them.

Damn I would rather they just unlock behind main quest.

how do i get that cut

purge.

You got it bro.

Male Highlander exlcusive

This literally would have never happened had that faggot mod not converged the beams. Now we got 2 types of autism mixing into a bomb.

Bravo hiroshimoot.

Just wait another hour or two and make another one on /v/ and everything should be fine.

Let's just go back to talking about the game and hope everything ends up ok.

I'm gonna try to fix it once the old formerly-/v/ thread hits bump limit. I'm not sure what took place in /v/ to cause the move desu, but I hope it gets fixed for you guys soon.

I don't know which thread to believe in anymore.

Clearly this one is the better one since they can mention how much they talk about the game while xivg is busy playing the game.

So what exactly are you guys looking forward to with SB's end-game raid? What kind of mechanics would you like to see, new or re-tooled? What do you think the story is going to be like?

I think Lyse will be involved with it and I am pretty sure Euno will be the big villain of the raid series. Aside from that, don't have many guesses.

Divebombs.

Heal mechanics like Allagan Field or Erratic Blaster.

Same, shit is getting confusing right now, especially with the mod deleting random shitposts but not all of it.
Hopefully tomorrow this shit will go back to normal (either the "old" normal or a new one).

Aggressive individual DPS checks. A7S jails, but for all the DPS. If Chinese Tigole still isn't going to put in DPS meters, he'd better provide a surefire way to smell out the shitters.

More multi-boss encounters. Maybe PLD/DRK would be more popular if both tanks actually had to tank something for more than 5% of a fight.

Healing gimmicks more complex than one tankbuster every 15 seconds. I'm not exactly looking for Valithria, but maybe, like, a little harder than Briny Mirror?

Less of 'boss does this gimmick once, twice tops' bosses with endless phases. Alexander was awul for this. Learning bosses where you have to do a 10-minute warm-up routine for the progression portion is fucking boring, especially if it's not you doing the learning. Algalon good; Lich King bad.

I know Omega is another fucking Allagan superweapon, but I'd really prefer for this raid to not have anything to do with the Allagan empire. If I was going to guess, I think its wacky time powers are probably just going to be an excuse to send us back to previous Umbral Eras. Lyse won't show up because she's MSQ, and MSQ has pretty much stayed completely separate from the raid so far. I think it'll mostly be Nero and Cid.

More robot fusions.

It is the bend of time and Omega is only the first tier.

We will probably be fighting some of Exdeath's 13 demons.

It literally says Interdimensional Rift.
You will fight any kind of bosses in different dimensions, unlimited possibilities.

The description in the official site says Omega was employed by the allagans to capture Bahamut, but it also says that his creation and true purpose are a mystery, implying that allagans aren't the ones that created it. I'm guessing that this Omega is the time/dimension traveler from other FF games.

>Learning bosses where you have to do a 10-minute warm-up routine for the progression portion is fucking boring
You're telling me. I never made it to savage, so I can't compare there, but fucking Sephirot was a nightmare I never saw the end of. No amount of learning/clearing parties could save me, if just because no one could make it pass that "warm up routine". I may have never been perfect at it, but I at least had it down 90% of the time, but I would always pair with retards who could not be bothered to learn from their mistakes, do the same shit over and over again, and when they were offered help, they would just say fuck off in one way or another. I still have not cleared that bastard.

Still looking for a bf

>there were people who constantly insisted that Regula Van Hydrus would be Kefka
>despite him being absolutely nothing like Kefka in any way, shape, or form

Yeah, that's sort of shit is what I'm hoping for, honestly. There's a lot of prehistory before the known Umbral Calamities (the flooding of Mhach, the Crystal Tower, Bahamut Ali) that would be interesting to see. Maybe they want to do time travel done right, since I think most people regarded the Alexander storyline as being sorta dogshit.

You know what else would be interesting? Fights against the Empire inside Omega as you race to take back control of it. You got some Legatus in some big fuckoff airship, and you gotta run down the top of it breaking turrets and shit so you can bust into the bridge and take him on.

>Less of 'boss does this gimmick once, twice tops' bosses with endless phases. Alexander was awul for this. Learning bosses where you have to do a 10-minute warm-up routine for the progression portion is fucking boring, especially if it's not you doing the learning. Algalon good; Lich King bad.
I don't get it, you want bosses to just be one gimmick for the entire fight with no variation?

I still hope there is a raid that can basically be described as "Eorzean Special Forces vs The Empire: Behind Enemy Lines" where you attack Garlean bases in the core regions of the empire and destroy prototype weapons they are developing.

You are replying to a WoWfugee, their raids had like 10 bosses with 1-2 mechanics each.

Glad we can have threads on Veeky Forums about the actual game that are properly moderated now. I'm sure this will last into the future and the mods definitely won't get lazy and let the degenerates from the ERP thread shit up this thread once a single one dies forcing the threads back to /v/ again.

Nah, fuck that, let me join the Garleans and fuck up the sand jews or something. Even if it has to be in an "alternate dimension" type thing tied in with Omega. Imagine a raid where we get to progress through the main towns of ARR, where we're invading them, AND WE FINALLY KILL THOSE DAMN SAND JEWS!!!

>let me join the Garleans
As long as we have open world PvP so we can gank you

Hey I was considering getting into this game is it worth it at this point? I got the base game a long time ago in a bundle and only played for like a day. Also it looks like there is a new xpac coming out with new classes. Can I switch my char over to say samurai or do I have to make a fresh char to play that class?

You need to be lv 50 at least but no quest requirements compared to Heavensward jobs.

Your character can level any job. Hell, you need to get a job to level 50 just so you can unlock Samurai.

Worth it. Start now so you can catch up with everyone else for the expansion.

Anyone else tired of PotD?

I want to level alt battle jobs but it's so boring. And thanks to it nobody does FATEs anymore.

>there are people with +99 aetherpool

this game's fights are so scripted i'm literally replying to you while i do a12s and know that i'm fine. they're not more mechanically dense than WoW fights, they're just too fucking long and hide all the hard mechanics in the last five minutes.

I hope you enjoy sucking that Hyd dick. Must suck knowing that you're on the wrong side of history

Dungeons are technically faster if you can negate the queue time. Find a tank buddy if you are a dps.

There is literally no reason to have alts in this game other than wanting to play on a different server or raiding with multiple statics. Every character can level every job, and you even get an exp bonus on any job that's lower leveled than your highest-leveled job. Samurai and Red Mage will require you to be level 50 to unlock them. Dark Knight, Machinist, and Astrologian require you to be level 50 and reached Heavensward.

There is a long main scenario quest that you have to complete in order to access Stormblood so if you want to get into it you should start now. The most recent patches nerfed a bunch of stuff to make it easier to clear and uncapped a lot of weekly limited items so it's easy to get geared up now. Just as a protip: do the entire main scenario quest on a single job and you should never be locked out of a MSQ due to being too low-leveled. Also you should unlock the jobs that your main job cross-classes skills from since there are vital skills you need to learn from other jobs.

I do enjoy sucking dick but I'm not sure who this "Hyd" fellow is

cool thanks.

I am on Diabolos should I delete chars and join a diff server?

ty

unless you want to play with vg in particular, it doesn't matter where you play

Diabolos is a good server. Mid-pop and most of the players I've met from there are pretty good.

Why are you bothering with PotD at all? It's filled with shitters and it is the worst possible way to learn a class. Just do dungeons, by yourself or otherwise. You might find it boring, but it's a million times more engaging, and you can take advantage of the repetitiveness by playing different parts different ways to learn what works best

Dungeons are even worse

It's probably time to take a break

>Garlean armor
Whatever the scenario, if it had this then I'm all over it.

Diabolos is in the middle. The "Realm distribution (active)" should give you a good idea of what servers are more populated.

ffxivcensus.com/

That said, it doesn't matter that much. The game has cross-server party finder now.

I work a full time job and get to play 4-5 hours a night and I'm level 40 on a PLD. Should I have enough time by June 20th (my birthday!) to level a different class from 1-60? I heard PLD is trash so I'm thinking of rerolling.

>people complain about queue times instead of finding a tank friend and compensating them with cute emotes and praise

Its not hard to multiclass. Just PoTD or dungeons. But no matter what, the most EXP/Time you get is from the MSQ. Do the MSQ.

>I heard PLD is trash so I'm thinking of rerolling.
Don't fall for the memes, PLD is ok

PLD is the worst job in the game

ty and if I did want to play with VG what is the server?

imagine being this triggered

Depends. If you want to play with the ERPing degenerates from the other thread then Balmung. If you want to play with the slightly less degenerates then I think there is a /v/ FC on Ultros and an /a/ FC on Gilgamesh or something.

I just got here in the story. I'm very obsessive about things being neat so I need to get even 40 before I can change. The problem is that the msq is all of the way up to 40 so I'd need to level a class raw up untill then to get that great exp boost.

Why are all fuckboys this submissive to tanks?

The most cautiously optimistic I can get about Omega raids is that I'm hoping Yoshi's gambit pays off about closing the gap between bad and good players. If so, then we can potentially get more Midas-style fights, where every fight has a lot of movement and it really feels like you use the entire arena. The most fun part of Midas was that every fight felt really active and varied, and the biggest disappointment of Creator isn't really the huge drop in difficulty so much as it is that the fights are almost entirely stationary except for scripted moments where the boss jumps somewhere and you run over to where he's jumped (and then resume being stationary).

Balmung>Gilgamesh>None others really exist, but they will fool you into thinking they do because its 2-3 people at most

PLD is gonna be reworked for stormblood so yeah, it's a pretty crappy now (tho viable for any and all content in the game, still) but we're hopeful for the future
t. paladin main

pld is fine just boring to level
don't listen to memers and tryhards
just play the class/role you think is most fun to you

That's a funny way of typing MNK

I did like Midas aside from that one mechanic in A7S that instakilled people with bad server ticks and buffed the boss

Has anyone pre-ordered a physical copy from Amazon? I can't tell from their new UI if it's even available or if there's an option for it. Sounds like it's just the digital version but am not sure.

That would not take long at all. The first class you level is the longest. For sub 50 its even better. Pick a class you like and do the Hunt logs/FATEs until you hit level 15. Then start doing Dungeons if that class is a tank or healer because fast queue times, or do Palace of the Dead (look it up on the wikia!) if its a DPS.

>but they will fool you into thinking they do because its 2-3 people at most
>ffxivcensus.com/
And this is how we deal with feels over reals

Nah, monk at least deals good damage. PLD can't even tank as well as the other two as well as dealing much less damage

I don't mean the server, I mean the so called /xivg/ groups on servers besides Balmung and Gilgamesh.

What if you're the tank?

I love PoTD, I played a bunch of it on my alt account (I quit because I got overwhelmed by uneven numbers and too much work to fix it) I usually grind it when I get home from work and I never seem to get bored of it.

I like PoTD because I made huge stacks of dosh from nightmare mounts from the post-100 floors

MNK is actually a pretty well-designed class if you look at it in a vacuum; it's pretty versatile, is probably above-average for a DPS class in terms of having stuff in its toolkit to deal with different situations, and the basic 1-2-3 of the combo system works well enough that lots of people find it to be a really fun class to play in and of itself.

It only really sucks when you try to fit it into a party composition where every role is already locked-in and non-negotiable because of irreplacable buffs they give to other party members' DPS.

PLD has that problem, AND it's just a dogshit no-fun class with no flexibility, even if you just look at it in a vacuum.

Balmung autists it is then. I want to be with the more active ppls

Keep in mind Balmung never does any content, they just ERP. The upside of that is that you can buy anything from the marketboards for cheap.

Ah, in that case, you would probably want to post their lodestone pages if you wanted to make a point that isn't entirely conjecture

The problem with Balmung is that it is full most of the time. You'll never get in unless you pay to transfer from another server.

no one on NA does content

High Wire is the single worst-designed part of all of Midas Savage, including the part in A8S where it was easier to just sacrifice someone to Compressed Water than it was to do the actual mechanic.

If there had been a way (and not an easy way, but just "a" way) to periodically flush a stack or two of High Wire, Midas would have been a damn near perfect raid tier.

Have you ever stepped for outside of the quicksands?

Balmung does content, but if you want to git gud you won't find it there. If you're good, you'll soar past the shitters there but still get spit on from the Gilgamesh elitists (who are actually good at the game)

Like I said here Find their lodestone pages so you can actually see how many people they have and stats on the players, etc. before making a decision

This is complete disinfo as some of the top lewd posters from /xivg/ also have full orange percentile parses and raid early. Not to mention even without including /xivg/ at all those two realms have the most to offer in terms of community even if you dont like rp at all.

>balmung erper group is currently top 10 static world wide

Sup, degenerate catbois.

>anyone outside of jp datacentres
>good at the game

>tfw you learned the best NA static is from Cactuar

This is a common misconception. The top 10% of Gilgamesh might be better than the top 10% in Balmung, but their general population is filled to the brim with unwarranted elitists and transfers who thought they could ride the coattails of the Gilgamesh raiding scene merely by existing in their presence. A random person from here has no place in either.

ok welp ima lookup what lodestone is then

>biggest server in the entire game
>one (1) static in the top 10
You sure showed me, clearly it's full of high-end raiders.

>no gilgamesh
o i am laffin