Truckerfag thread - /TFG/

>Pierced Cock, Naked Legs And A Six Pack Of Piss Bottles Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of bodypillows
>34 piss encrusted tires
>Sign that CDL and I'll fookin' hook you in the gabber you daft cunt, I swear on me mum'
>CDL Where Pursue? Private Driving School, Community College, or pray to Jesus
>Megacompanies will rape your mouth and slap your grandmother if you let them
>Eurodrucks are essentially dank maymays

>Attention: Traps are gay bro. Penis can't be feminine by its very concept.

>Truckerfag too busy fucking mentally ill women to truck, still makes more than you do hauling no touch dryvan
>Pepsifag got that working job blues, also addicted to that Rasta beat
>PTL celebrated one year mark by screaming at a truck stop cashier for 45 minutes about the quality of their coffee
>Freon is somewhere with a four beer buzz on, playing catch with his doggo while you sit in your cuckshed
>Whiney too busy buying anime theme tchochkes to get another job
>Oilfag is putting on easily 12km a day, driving in the bush
>Primefag is on a bicycle annoying other road users as you read this
>Primely got b& on Veeky Forums for posting anthromorphized truck erotica
>Grainguy to return to the farm, his rumspringa is now over
>Balam pawned both laptop and phone for more gambling monies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/o8x9bdH-SLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bruhs I just took the best shit of my life at this Pilot. It's like it weighed 20 pounds but didn't make any noise and just came loose like it just fell out by force of gravity. I didn't even need to wipe that's how clean it was.

You need to lay off the rollerdogs and subway.

doge is sleep

no you

Did so much cocaine last weekend felt like my nose was going to fall off

Man, a trucker pupper sounds great. But I can hardly keep care of myself, let alone another living thing in my truck.

10 hours is too long.

Start off small. Just get a truck coyote or truck bobcat and eventually work your way up.

>tfw no K200 house.

If I'm doing that, might as well go big or go home.

55mph is too slow

Yup

These old 8100s are trash but at least they got some power

Forgot pic

How many mpg does it get?

Zoz. Imagine the scene of an angry supertrucker hopping up on your step for a confrontation over a parking spot, only to come face to face with a seven foot long, 160 pound, territorial predator poking it's head out the open window.

What model year is that relic?

It's been an unusual week. My gf got sent to a psychward 4 hours away and I been sleeping in a ditch and following the warped tour around in between her every other day one hour visits.

Wow what a nice blog post
Thanks for sharing

This feels like stale copypasta.

Anyone know what happened to allie knight? She has gone full AWOL.

EF? That you boi?

No one cares desu

Hey man I just wanted to let you know that your comment really hurt me. Allie Knight has been the apex of /tfg/ discussion for several months now and it's obvious that her absence is causing a disruption in our morale. even though many of us did not like her, there was a certain je ne sais quoi to her presence that put us at ease and made the melancholy of truck driving just slightly more bearable. so please don't go around saying "no one cares" when it isn't true.

>Apex of discussion
>One mention of her name in the past two threads
K.

Found the butthurt spammer. Fuck off before you get these threads banned from Veeky Forums.

You're the cancer.

'96 maybe? It's a POS, but I'm not trying to come in at 4:30am just to switch tractors around everyday.

>not like it even matters if I block the numbers out

>been waiting since 4pm yesterday for a load
ayyy

>"Attention" he replied as he climbed back into his 36" sleeper that he lives in because he can't afford a house because he spends 60% of his gross income on fuel
>he was seen again later that day doing 14 pullups trying to back his 244" wheelbase truck with a fixed fifth wheel into a tight spot before giving up and spending $10 on a reserved spot that one of the truck stop employees guided him into
>he then spent an hour cleaning bull shit off his polished stretched frame

>MFW the dash in a 1986 International 5 tonne cube van I drove ten years ago was the exact same

>Bull hauler is dressed like a cowboy supertrucker
Zoz. Highly accurate.

Sorry to hear it. Why the psyche ward? She couldn't handle the height constraints of the flat top sleeper any more?

why can't truckers stay in the right lane?

was stuck behind two tankers for a hour yesterday. averaging 55mph in a 70mph zone. because they couldn't maintain speed up the constant rolling hills, and they were taking both east bound lanes on the interstate.

Because you didn't help block the speed governor mandate.

It will be good to see truck fatalities go down once it is implemented.

Has anyone gotten their cdl in Massachusetts? I'm trying to find a driving school. There doesn't seem to be any community colleges that offer training.

>company cucks pegging the governor all day
>steer tire blows
>they have no forward inertia to add
>truck flips
>everyone is kill

Kek, at 55mph with retarded e-logs, truck drivers will have to start doin some real fucked up stuff to get deliveries done on time.

Somehow it will end up like prohibition where they regulate more and more and some underground shit to skirt the rules will start happening and make everything worse.

Or there will be more and more rookies and shitty drivers on the road because all the good drivers gtfo from mega carriers tryin to limit them on hours and speed and still pay them 30ยข per mile

Is it hard getting used to driving spread axles after driving tandems? I took a flatbed load securing class so I could regular skateboards instead of lowboys, but all of my close quarter maneuvering relies on spinning donuts. Especially backing, I've read guys on forums say they just straight up can't jack knife back into truck stops and have to find easy spots.

youtu.be/o8x9bdH-SLI

It just looks like such a constant massive pain in the ass. Every time I think I want to go to regular flatbeds, I watch a video like this and then I remember "oh, that's right, spread axles are fucking retarded"

>tfw don't give no fucks and turn that bitch like a tandem
>tfw the shop asks why are there bald patches on the tires

How often do you even benefit from spreads vs tandems? I've had 47klb loads and still sit ~33.6/33.6 with some sliding. What's the thing you haul where you really NEED 40k on the back?

Why doesnt this happen anywhere else in the world? Is it because its a bullshit argument?

>Implying anywhere else in the world is even remotely interesting or important enough to gather data on

K Yurofag.

K ignorant fellow american. Sorry you don't know how to control a vehicle during and emergency situation without incresing the risk.

It takes some getting used to. Jacknife 90 with a loaded trailer and you can crack crossbeams or break tire breads on top of rubbing the tires bald, or if you're running recaps, tear the tread right off. That being said, there's nothing easier to back than a 48' spread axle. No tailswing and being able to see over the trailer = no worries. A front lift or dump axle lets you do some crazy shit.

Never had to slide an axle or have a load shifted. With a 10'6" spread axle the trailer axles have their full 20,000lb weight limit. When in doubt, just center the load behind the trailer center and use that comfy 6000lb buffer. Also, if you're running partials, you can load a 20' 20,000lb load and have the whole rest of the trailer to throw on another 20,000lbs+ of freight. Put 20k to the back of a tandem and you'll never get it legal.

It happens literally anywhere trucks and cars share a road. A truck goes you pass, and a 4-wheeler will throw a shitfit and exaggerate.

I wanted to eat this inside, but a deluge happened on the way inside and my clothes soaked through and I had to take them off and get dry #truckerlife

>8 foot tall Slavic super truckers

Please god, no. We hath sinned but we do not deserve this!

>speed governor mandate is passed
>elog mandate is passed
>average driver pay cuts in half
>the majority of seasoned drivers retire
>the only drivers left are immigrants and niggers
>safer roads
no.

>I'm too poor to install a dump valve

That being said, I'm still too lazy to alley back into truck stops

It has more to do with structural integrity than a need to weigh 40k lbs over the rear axles. Flats routinely haul most of their weight concentrated on a tiny footprint on the trailer (e.g. a 49k lb master coil)
To accommodate this, modern aluminum flatbed trailers are built with an arch in the frame, which straightens out when the trailer is loaded, which makes it difficult to engineer a full sliding tandem system with enough track to balance such a heavy, concentrated load.

Full steel flatbed trailers still exist, and some do indeed feature sliding tandems, but they're about 5k lbs heavier.

>tfw still have a steel beam trailer
>tfw still has an arch
>tfw doesn't even have a wooden deck
I really need to scrap this turd instead of putting the welder's kids through cosmetology school.

How old are you guys? I want to know who the oldest poster here is, hopefully it's oilfag with his nifty dad memes and not me. I'm 30.

>tfw I'm over 9000

Turning 23 in 20 days.

Turning 20 in 23 days.

I'm too old for this shit.

Post ginger cock

>>speed governor mandate is passed
>>elog mandate is passed
>>average driver pay cuts in half
>>the majority of seasoned drivers retire
>>the only drivers left are immigrants and niggers
>>safer roads

YES. Maybe then they will see the pay is shit.

34 metric years

meh. they will just import moslems to do the job.

He's talking about the USA though and not Eurabia

How ignorant are you? Moslems are already arriving here, they have been for years.

I think ours just get screened better as we dont have some dumb bitch importing them without proper checks.

Ours aren't "imported", they actually immigrate here legally and maintain visas.

We have a quota. They are imports.

The euro ones immigrated legally too. It's just that they weren't screened properly.

>Old enough to mumble mumble, young enough to mumble mumble

I'm 33, so you're okay, youngling.

>TFW my maymays get any sort of recognition

Sad. Those trees didn't ask for this.

>"And to think, he was only two days away from retirement when that Swift truck drove off the side of the overpass and collided with Truckerfag's cab..."

What is that in freedom years?

I wasn't kill :(

You didn't hit the brakes like the morons who do get kill.

Bought a new toy, story time.

>Be Primefag
>Have been looking for a Gen2 Probe GT V6 for a while
>pic related pops up on CL for 1100 dollary doos
>get a quick run from Chobani in NY to Jacksonville to purchase the car, fix a few things and leave the next day
>Jacksonville lets me unload 4hr early, sweet
>First guy in a door, in and out in an hour
>Drop trailer in Pierson and run home
>Mom agrees to drive me to St. Pete to buy said car
>Meet up with the seller, turns out it needs a fucking laundry list of shit fixed
>Talk him down to 1000, drive it home
>Pissing coolant everywhere, no muffler
>Dodge a couple of city kittys who came after me but my mom was following me on a 2-lane double yellow road so they gave up trying to pull me over
>Realize what it needs, order said parts
>No parts houses have a water pump in stock in the whole county so had to wait for that to arrive
>Now going on 4 days, decide fuck it, what's another day, do the timing belt
>3 days and 2200 dollars later, finish it, water pump, timing belt tensioner, clutch master and slave cylinders, new radio, new lift struts for the hatch, new drive belts, coolant flush and new wipers

And it still needs a complete AC system overhaul, compressor is shot, lines are leaking. Clutch will need to be replaced, as well as the 10 year old tires. It was fun though, been 9 years since I had one, brought back good memories of my youth roasting 2nd gear on the on-ramp

It cleaned up nicely though. The interior is immaculate. The seats have no tears or any kind of wear in them which is saying something for a 25 year old car, my FL has two tears in the seats and it's a 2016

Looks good. I just bought a new to me vehicle the other day.

>Be me, Oilfag
>Have two vehicles
>Have Honda Pilot for wife and kids
>Have older GMC 1500
>Had GMC since 2009 or so, breddy reliable, around 213000 km on it
>Be last fall
>Driving to work
>Accelerating after making turn
>Loud bang and grinding noise from transmission, engine starts to free rev
>WhatTheFuck.jpg
>Still able to drive, sort of
>Have to shift down into first, and carefully walk up the gears without revving too much or it just slips/grinds
>Drinks fuel like a hog since it has to be revved high to shift
>Can't afford to fix truck or buy replacement
>Limp it back and forth to work for four months since gone out of town for two weeks at a time with brevious employer
>Get new job, home pretty much every night, decide to park truck until money situation imbroves
>use Honda, company pickup when available or get rides from coworkers
>FeelLikeSuchAMooch.exe
>Get good tax return, decide to look into fixing up GMC
>Take to transmission shop
>Tranny is kill, replacement with beefed up rebuild probably $3400 with parts and labour
>I'll get back to you on it
>Decide that it isn't worth it to spend that much on a 13 year old truck that needs a brake job, some fender work and who knows what else
>Remember an old friend had an old Dakota for sale a while back
>Get ahold of him, truck still available
>Check it out, breddy good shape for the age, basically new tires and brakes, fairly low mileage
>Selling it because they upgraded to a quadcab so don't need it any more
>Buy it off him for 3k
>Smooth sailing so far

Plz no bully /tfg/.

>buys unreliable Amerishits
>craps out way too soon
>too poorfag to fix
>so decides to blow about the same amount
>on something more reliable:
>a chrysler/dodge product
you absolute madman
there's no way that will hold up in a fucking leaf
also:
>needs brake job
>has basically new brakes
wut

>cleans up nicely
>still a beat to shit ford
so gross

Sorry, boorly written.

The GMC is 13 years old and needs a brake job along with some other stuff.

The Dakota has basically new brakes and tires, and requires no maintenance that I am aware of.

>dakota
>well maintained
regardless of condition it will die like every other dakota
by drifting sideways into a tree
not even memeing br/o/
in your case an evergreen
or possibly a maple if you're lucky
>didn't buy a swedish vehicle
>specifically designed for fighting large ornery geese
you fucked up
>inb4 need cargo space for free spare crude oil and roadkill
get a trailer

>can't afford to fix old shitbox
I thought you were making bank? Or is all your money going to your cuck children and mistress?

>been hauling rock for a asphalt plant
>every time in the yard the loader tries some dumb bullshit to make me slam on my breaks
>other boss faggot always being snarky over the cb

I guess one of our old boomer drivers told him to go fuck himself one day lmao

Turned 23 yesterday

I knew you were an Australian. Your bants are too good for a Canadiacuck.

Why not just flip the switch to lift the rear axle? Is america that behind in terms of technology?

Better question is how weak are USA trailers to not handle the weight of a pivot? My tri axle with 21tonnes on it doesnt experience the problems that I have read ITT. I do it twice a week all year and have yet cause any structural damage. Yeah some more tyre wear happens. But thats about it.

American trailers have a hard time handling 15 tonne on a tandem setup without causing damage.

Why do truckers think they make good money?

Depends. I am a company cuck in Australia and I earnt 120k roobucks, 9 day fortnight, averaged 10hrs a day and home every night with weekends off.

But majority are general freight plebs.

Also, euro-trailers can handle being scrubbed around every single time the truck needs to turn around. Three axles mounted near the midpoint of the trailer means you're always gonna scrub them. They're just designed to take it, and the weight.
Thus, you can haul 4 4 T O N N E S with a two-axle tractor because most of the weight is borne by the trailer.

63 here.

It probably helps a lot too that eurocucks drive so slow

>120kroobuck
Translate that into real currency pls.

I'm doing a lot better now with my current embloyer than I was back when the GMC broke.

With the recession in the oil and gas industry over the past two years, a lot of people either took literal pay cuts, worked less hours, or in my case at the time, got paid less because the well servicing company charged less to try and stay in the good graces of the oil companies, and every daily "job bonus" that was based off the ticket (invoice) revenue went down.

In the past three years, I went from making over 120k a year as a supervisor, down to maybe 70k when the GMC shit the bed, and am now have back up to around 100-110k a year with the new job.

Damn, ya got me, ya wise cunt. I'm literally wearing an Akruba bush hat and drinking a Coopers Extra Strong on the pashio right now.

>120k Aboshekels
What is that, like 37 cheeseburgers?

All my on duty gets logged as either
>driving ends, 15 min drop and hook, off duty for some time, driving resumes
Or
>driving ends, 15 minute loading, sleeper berth for some time, driving resumes
Is that legal? My cumknee says I'm supposed to log everything as it happens but obviously I don't want to waste my hours. I got inspected a couple times but the officers barely even looked at the logs so I don't know if that means I'm good or they just didn't pay enough attention to notice

If you're actually doing work, put it on line 4. Say it takes you 3 hours for a live load. Log the half hour you spent sitting in line and bumping a dock on line 4, then if you sit there with your thumb up your ass the next 2.25 hours throw that on line 1, then drop to line 4 for 15 minutes to inspect/secure/seal the trailer. If anyone asks and insists you were on duty, the bulletproof reply is "how iz i un doody ad magdonals : - D".

I run a shit load of "personal conveyance" company don't care

I made 50k last year for a 22 yo I'm sure I'm in the top 10%

Lol what a shitbox.

Trucks are limited to 55, yes, but cars go way faster. Anyone going below 60MPH in a car on the motorways is considered a danger to themselves and others, and able to be fined if they don't stay in the slow lane.

Is flying on an airplane onduty?

Does anybody here haul gravel/asphalt/aggregate shit? I'm studying these CDL questions and was wondering what a typical day is, aside from being a van-hauling cuck

*what a typical day is like.
Sorry, i'm just fucking out of it

I worked road construction, they seemed to like it. I mean, most of those guys retire doing it. From what I understand, it goes
>show up, pre-trip, drive to hotplant
>haul asphalt to site, dump or be dumped by dump man
>pull forward to clean out site/down the paving line to ensure no remaining asphalt is stuck in belly dump and scrape as needed
>repeat until Foreman tells you to suck his cock and get back to your bull prepping duties
I'm thinking of going back to the same company now that I have my CDL and some otr experience to do just that.

>"Here are some specific activities which are considered to be onduty time: Alltimespent at a plant, shipping / receiving facility, terminal , or other facility of a motor carrier, unless you are in your sleeper berth or have been relieved of all work related responsibilities."
Just a quick Google search is all that's needed.

>real currency
The Queens pound.

I just got loaded at a quarry.
>clock in
>get clipboard with paperwork for loads that day
>grab a donut
>pre-trip
>load up at the elevator
>head out
>put the gravel in that pile over there
>go back to the quarry
>repeat 2-8 times
>fuel the truck
>head back
>post-trip
>grab a cold slice of pizza
>turn in clipboard
>go home

Sounds pretty chill. I've been wanting to get my CDL and hopefully haul loads like that. I've been doing patios (im a landscaper) and majority of the time I have to go and get loads of gravel or brick. Probably not the exact same thing as trucking since i'm driving a F450, but it's something that i've been looking into.

Truckers, I really need this answered

I'm stuck in a paycheck to paycheck situation, and I'm trying to save up for a local independent cdl school (I am not interested in company sponsored training if I can avoid it)

I was considering selling my personal vehicle so I can take the cdl school (my relatives will take me to the school, the school has free dorm rooms) then of course I would begin applying for companies for company training with another driver, which I understand they will pay for your bus ticket

So my question is, will selling my personal vehicle bite me in the ass? Will I really need it since I'll be otr for my first year? I understand I can drive the rig back home with most companies, and I could use my family's vehicle for whatever I might need while home

Let me know, if I sell my truck then I can easily afford the down payment required to start school and quit my shit job at the same time