What is the best car GM has ever made and why is it the Chevy SS?

What is the best car GM has ever made and why is it the Chevy SS?

wrong

>4 door
>6.2 V8
>available with manual
>handles well
>sleeper as fuck, but still looks classy

Need I say more?

>suzuki

This is the car that's the aussie equivalent of the Holden SS Commodore, right? Was anything changed besides the badge?

It has the Magneride suspension (optional 2015, standard 16/17) which IIRC is only available on the HSV models and a few MY2017 special editions. Other than that it should be identical to an SSV Redline.

>handles well

it handles about as good as a fishing trawler unless your idea of handling is how easy it is to get the back end out. This is not a handling car and never has or will been/be

Sure, it's no Lotus, but they handle amazingly especially considering it's just shy of 4000 pounds. Mine takes every corner you throw at it with a smirk and begs for more. Have you actually driven one?

Also it tends more towards a hair of understeer with TC on. Which is a good idea because otherwise I'd be buying a new set of rear tires every 2 months. It'll kick the rear out a bit under heavy throttle input and the TC will immediately remind you that 275/35ZR19 Michelins are expensive.

Very nice. I feel all jealous and inadequate now.

Nope.

Not even a GM fag but the cancer of this board is those who comment on a vehicle's characteristics with no research or first hand experience. The magneride shocks on that thing are nothing short of exceptional.

>The magneride shocks on that thing are nothing short of exceptional.
Most anons on Veeky Forums most likely don't even know what magneride even is. Veeky Forums is like 10% car discussion and 90% shitposting.

wrong

Agree. I just hope this place doesn't turn into the wasteland that /p/ (my former second board) currently is aka 110% shitposting

>GM
>Holden

Yep typical yanks taking credit for our hard work

First the ford falcon *cough* i mean mustang in the 60s and now this

bugger off!

Go back to making great engines.

>. Which is a good idea because otherwise I'd be buying a new set of rear tires every 2 months.
as someone who got their T/C disabled i am buying tyres every 2-6 months

feels great

I would kill to get a Holden SS Ute here in the states and not one of those neutered versions. You can have the Dodge Challenger and we can have the Ute, deal?

Dodge Challenger>shitty Autralian El Camino
Just get a Tacoma to carry your lawn chairs or whatever you want the ute for.

As for those wankers saying these commodores handle bad have clearly never driven one with decent suspention or tyres so you can go get fucked.

>not one of those neutered versions
basically u just swap a interior from a g8/gto

the utes really arnt anything special inside and handle just as bad/good as their sedan/wagon counterparts.

does look cool but nobody here uses them as work utes, thats the AU-FG falcons job

IRS makes them good for handling but ironically pretty shit as a work ute
>Shitty Australian El Camino
Oh im sorry your shit landbarges cant turn corners

>b-but the holden ass steps out more than a twerking thicc midget
It has a 400-600hp v8 what did u expect?

>best car GM has ever made
>doesn't even have a glass canopy roof
Seriously, OP? How do you expect me to take a car seriously that only has 0.33 driven wheels per window?

Holden was bought by GM in 1931, and supplied bodies for GM starting in 1924. The first actual Holden car wasn't introduced until 1949. Also the Commodore SSV Redline/Chevy SS uses an LS3 which is 100% a burgerfat designed and built engine. The oil pan on my SS literally says Made In USA on it.

>looks classy
I'm sorry but it just looks cheap. If you want to know what classy looks like, look at an E39 M5. The SS is fast and handles alright but that's it, the rest is bargain bin Chevy.

Yeah I think mechanically it's a good car but the exterior and interior are still pretty bad, that's how chevy can afford to sell them for under 50k

>old ass krautmobile
>classy
Owning a decrepit stone age luxury car makes you look like a poor nigger trying to look wealthy.

Somebody's triggered.

Not even close oppie

Every review of it seems to compare it to the E39 M5

Oh you mean that ancient ass decrepit krautmobile? The ss must be a real piece of junk then
Right buddy?

Except it's not made by GM, it's owned by GM.

Not even close op

Not choosing the superior V series family. Pic related, all shapes and sizes. (Not in pic but include Ats-V and V-sports.)

The magnetic ride control is great, I did not care much for it until I got one. Will be hard for me to buy a car from now on without a comparable suspension.

>autotragic

wrong you cocksniff its the HSV GTSR W1

It is and always will be a dunnydore

Yes, mine is auto. The 1st and 2nd gens come in manual if that is what you fancy. (Including the wagon, for you wagon lovers.)

Always just called them a commode.

it's a holden SS m8y

>Tfw the Australian automotive industry is dead
Holy fuck i'm mad

>Unironically liking any GM product built after 1972.

Christ dude, the Japanese and Germans have done it better for 40+ years. How people actually pay money for that and not immediately regret their poor life choices is beyond me. I mean they have to be watching the resale value visibally drop by the second when they KBB it.

But hey whatever floats your boat my negro.

>rebadged VF
America please.

how can you even compete?

>no manual
>4500lbs

Nope

That's not even the best A-body.

We got rebadged VE's and VF's.
VF>VE.

WHY doesn't the Charger have a manual option? There's so many people who would love to buy one in the swindling sport sedan segment.

>swindling
Dwindling

Because it's enough of a chore to get through corners with the automatic. The car is too heavy to be anything other than a highway cruiser or stoplight car, which doesn't necessitate anything more than a paddle-shift automatic.