Add the biggest grille ever on a car

>add the biggest grille ever on a car
>glossy panels everywhere on interior
>add foot massaging
>call it a 7 series/S class competitor
And the base models will be FWD.
Audi fanboys will be defending it lmao

Is that the new VW Phideon?

the phideon is a better designed car for sure.

>*adds byzantine hybridisation technology*
>*makes car irreparable for the end user and will be useless in 10 years*

It's also mechanically the same car.

Basically Audi will be asking S-Class/7-Series money for a literal glorified FWD VW.

All this hate on a car that is widely accepted as a marvelous piece of engineering under the wrong badge.
it's understated. Veeky Forums should love it since it is more about what it can do than it is how it looks. (although its not a racekar, gottago fast!)
not sure about the drivelayout of the new audi but the pheaton had regular awd with a torsen diff for sure. easypeasy to remember:
transversal layout: shitty fwd focussed haldex.
longitudinal layout: regular awd with torsen.
pheaton and A8 hadn't as much in common as you might think. Pheaton and bentley did the dirty dance on this one. A8 was developed parallel.
Althoug it's all vag, the luxury of bentley and pheaton is quite undisputed.

misread phideon for pheaton and didn't look at the picture.
I'll go hang myself now.
Bye.

the base A8 and base Phaeton still had front wheel drive, which is unacceptable for a car that is supposed to compete with the S class.
Normies who don't give a fuck about cars don't care about that though

>which is unacceptable for a car that is supposed to compete with the S class

You are not the target demographic for this car, benchracer

>which is unacceptable for a car that is supposed to compete with the S class.

Why? What honest benefit do you expect to see in a massive base model luxobarge from RWD or AWD? Who will be pushing them hard enough to tell the difference anyway?

FWD cars can't be luxury cars, they're premium at best.

Based on what?

We've had this discussion already in the previous threads about it. To be fair, the mental gymnastics of the busriders were a sight to behold.

>B-b-but you are a richfag what if you are being chased by assassins and need to get away?

Based on physics and chassis balance.

What? They have nothing to do with luxury. Have you ever driven a luxury car?

Again, refer to

No comfort when your car understeers in the slightest corner when wet.
T. former FWD Audi owner, holy shit they are so poorly balanced cars.

Bullshit are they.

if you need to hit apexes and get on the gas as soon as possible you're not driving a luxobarge. you are a boyracer. the idea is that you can take turns nice and slow and always accelerate with ease past the small cars. you never want to get jerked around in the car.
1 - 2 m/s2 acceleration at 60 mph is much more important than 1g cornering. FWD is perfectly fine for that.

lel, and of course, FPBP

Until you run into traction issues when trying to put enough power to pull along your big heavy luxobarge down through the wheels that also have to handle steering, and slide straight into the guardrail.

That's why you have the driven wheels under the position where they experience the highest normal force.

FWD is fine for every day cornering but FWD Audis are shit for even simple every day cornering on wet/slippery weather.
Maybe the new A8 will be well balanced but I heavily doubt it

just dropping it here too.

Sad, really really sad dude

Why would fwd or rwd matter in a 6000lb cloud that will never see a track? 99% of A8, S class, etc owners will never ever push their cars hard enough to get close to understeering.

6000lb+ Caddy's with 500ci's and FWD had no issues getting around.

That grille looks grotesque, and is comically large. I get integrating bumpers is difficult these days, but god damn. I miss muh Bauhaus era Audi restraint.

>t. someone who can't drive for shit

This looks like a bigmouth bass. Need shoop of fisherman holding this Audi by the grill with his thumb/index fingers smiling.

the amount of audi apologists in this thread is insane
KILL.YOUR.SELVES.

audi is complete shit and even their fucking """"sports"""' cars get completely shit over by other less expensive brands

audi is VW with more lights on the dash FACT
audi cars are mostly FWD pieces of shit, unbalanced and look like someone took a shit and called it a car FACT
audi tries to compete with BMW and Mercedes but they are nowhere near the same league FACT

while I'm inclined to say that BMW shits all over Mercedes in all aspects, at least Mercedes still tries to give a shit, be it interior quality, general comfiness of the ride, overall quality of the car/suspension/brakes etc. UNLIKE FUCKING AUDI who make cars for absolute niggers, ESPECIALLY IN EUROPE.

if you drive an audi in europe you are the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of social standing and everything, so not even the fucking badge means anything anymore.

so what are we left with?
Audi badge is meaningless since it's only driven by literal peasants
Audi cars are garbage and are outclasses and outperformed by literally everything else
Audi reliability is an absolute meme and the car WILL break down on you and cost you a fucking arm and a leg to fix

>inb4 salty """"richfags"""" trying to defend their poor life choices
>inb4 le audi R8 bruh
>inb4 muh sports car/rally heritage/muh quattro!

hahahahahahahahahha I can taste your fucking tears from here

call me next time a fucking skoda octavia absolutely demolishes your audi on the street

kys

Brutal. I like the Hyundai better and FWD performs okay because it's 6 million pounds lighter than the Audi

this

audi is shit

found the audi cuck HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

I unfortunately agree. The people in the market for this car don't care if its driven by one wheel in the middle.

>literally audi trademark front design in the last 15 years, somehow they copied themselves

sure bros

The guy who created the design is literally working at Hyundai now, so...