Should I go for it Veeky Forums ?

Should I go for it Veeky Forums ?
130 000 km mileage, manual, 2.0 125 HP for 2,6k $
Looking for something fast and tuneable, both for autocross/racing and daily use
My budget is limited to 3k $, so even though I would want to, I can't get WRX, not even mentioning STI.

>2.0 125 HP
>fast

what do you consider fast?

Something that gets to 100 faster than 10s and isn't outsped by golfs
I don't expect to match Lamborghini speed with my budget

getting to 100kmh in under 10 seconds in that car might be a tough challenge

work a summer and get at least 5k for a base car
then another 5k for tuning

>buying a memebaru
kys.

Then give me some alternative for a cheap, relatively fast car that handles very good in snow and rain and can be tuned

>caring about tuning
>thinking a shitbox with

>don't buy a fun AWD car
>buy a shitty civic like I did

>awd
>fun
pick one.

No.

>FWD
>Fun
Pick none

what do you want to tune on that car? Anything but an engine swap is wasted cash

>Tuning a base Impreza

Just save up for a WRX if you want a Subaru.

>implying you can't do that in fwd
grow the fuck up. stop thinking "hurr durr i'm gonna be the next mark higgins in muh subaru! subaru 4 eva!!!!!"

>2.0
>125 HP only.

I didn't plan out what I would tune on it yet, I still haven't seen it in person, but I wanted to do some smaller changes and/or engine swap to increase HP
To get one, that isn't half dead would literally take me years and I need a car rather fast
Getting a WRX is my plan for ((((later))))

I too would be angry sperg if I drove 3k civics

I've owned a manual 02 RS for 11 years. It's a 2.5L. Not that it matters. By no means a fast car. But a very fun car. Not really an engine you can tune. Could dump thousands into the engine and would still only hang with a bone stock Rex on it's best day

i don't drive a 3k civic any more. just sold it.

>i want to "tune" and i want to do an engine swap that i've done zero research on.
sure is summer in here.

The NA 2.0 in old Jetta vehicles are indestructible as Fuck. Bullet proof til the car rots apart

that car is really heavy, 125HP is not enough to go fast

Get it OP, keep it stock,maintain it. Then save up for STI in future while you keep this car stock as daily driver

Get it. Car doesnt matter your skill matters and theres plenty of aftermarket.
I reccomend spending a year or two honing your skills before you start dropping money on the car. Save for light wheels, some rubber and lightening.

Do it. For racing any car is a good car.
For dick waving contests on anonymous benchracer board you would want at least a wrx sti. But if you're a mature adult and realize how racing works it doesn't matter what you get as long as you like it and its affordable.

OP here
I could alternatively go for Subaru legacy 2.5 156 HP, but this one has some oil issues and to test drive/get it I need to travel to the second side of the country.
Would it be more worth it?

The one you posted would be a reliable commuter, you don't need power, that's what the WRX and or STI is for

No. oil issues means engine rebuild.

post your local craigslist and budget.

Eurofag, noone uses Craiglist here(not in my country at least)
Budget is 3k $

First gen twingo.

legacies go for like sub 1k. You can literally get a track car and a daily. Trust me you want a car you give 0 fucks about for the track.

No thanks
So you mean that I should just get both?
Originally I wanted something that I could use both as a daily and as a track car so that was the main reason why I wanted a Subaru

>non-turbo Subaru
>fast