/ovg/ - Are You Gonna Go My Way Edition

Previous Thread:
Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/rVjJLjCX
eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4372104.html
youtu.be/BnQP95aVv04?t=58s
youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ2GcilS0E
pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-english-pcsx2-configuration-guide.html
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Gran_Turismo_4
youtu.be/eYF49aWQDU4?t=1m51s
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>all this GT nostalgia shit made me fire GT5 again
>remember I had never bought the DLCs because I was a cheap prick
>try to do it
>search in PSN
>no results
>apparently they were taken down when the game went offline
ok so I have to deal with the pain of knowing I'll never complete the museum thingy, never again compete in shuffle racing AND can't even give them money to unlock the cars

@GT6fags
I have a ton of potential series lined up that you can check out here > pastebin.com/rVjJLjCX
Don't treat them as gospel, they're just rough outlines of what sounded fun to me at the time i was making this list. Still, your ideas and feedback is appreciated.

Internet era video gaming problems. With GT2 I'll always have everything on two discs.

Taking things off PSN is ridiculous, I don't get why devs do it

I mean yeah you had limited runs and keys of DVDs and CDs back in the day, but it wasn't like they just disappeared off the face of the earth

>want to replay GTA IV on Windows
>want to download the two addons individually so that they add radio stations instead of completely messing up the radio like EFLC does
>GTA IV Complete Edition on Steam and other stores is literally just GTA IV and EFLC sold as a package
>can't find the individual addons in a SINGLE online store
>can't find the individual addons on a SINGLE torrent tracker
It's like they've vanished from the face of the earth.

Yeah, exactly, it is retarded

I don't understand any argument behind it. Finite server space? Like no there is not that, you can have more and harddrives get better etc, network bandwith? Same argument

It's fine that games go offline if the community dies out (and the community keeps it going anyway like BF1942 for instance), but being unable to purchase a game legally just is retarded beyond means

I really wanna get NFSU and NFSU2, and I'll happily pay for them, but I have to pirate them as no place exists I can buy them

>Tfw you will never be able to attempt Russian roulette on the GT5 car list and get a Yellowbird
>Tfw you will never be able to experience the pure fun of bouncing around with no aids besides ABS on the Nurb.
>Tfw I never won with the Yellowbird on tracks besides Nascar tracks, Route 7 and Trial Mountain.

Kill me now.

landbarges all the way
soccer mom close second
SUVs and fat sedans are my fetish

the paul walker thingy can be interesting too
supercars are also very interesting, we rarely race them and it could be nice for once to play pretend rich people

not too sure about multiclass though, I reckon we're not enough to make it work

This happened to me with Forza 4

One of the things I was looking forward to with digital distribution was the abolition of shelf life. And for the most part it works, like on Steam you can get 20 year old games no problemo.

I mean if I had to guess it would be licensing issues but it's still heckin stupid.

Oh god I had almost forgotten I also got shafted there. But in GT5's case it's somehow even worse. On 360 you can download DLCs you bought even after they went off sale, but you can't download GT5's DLC anymore even if you bought them before the shutdown.

Wut? Yes you can. Just go to download list and redownload it.
eu.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4372104.html

What's wrong with Burnout? Why does Hillside Pass freeze all the time?
I've tried two discs now.

I'm down for anything as provided we stop using PP to balance the cars. Way back when, GTPlanet ran a series where the cars were balanced using lap times rather than car performance, meaning a wide variety of cars and drivers showed up. Something like that could be pretty cool.

Tried out the T/A Supra in AC for the first time today. What setup should I use for it to not understeer like a cow with 700HP?

>Worst opening song edition
For shame, OP

There was a club on GTPlanet that went to the trouble of manually recreating Shuffle races. It's called 'Makeshift Shuffle' but it's been dead for about a year.

Wargaming even adds micropatterns or something in the screenshot, which testers can be identified by. Leakers take photos of their screen now.

>All of these fun-looking ideas
Where were you when we were struggling to pick something out last time around lel
NASCAR, Paul Walker, Civic, F1 and F40 series (in no particular order) all look appealing to me. I want to race a spec series so there's no need for boost.

>not too sure about multiclass though, I reckon we're not enough to make it work
I agree on this point, unfortunately.

That car has always felt like shit to me. I should really try and make it handle cause it's sexy but, meh. The tuned rx7 is magical

supra is a cow though

basic things that could fix understeer are
>lower pressure on front
>front camber
>softer front arb
>softer suspension on front
>lower front suspension

generally speaking, supra is a huge turd. it's somewhere near 235i racing in terms of overall fast.

>post on forza horizon support forums with my issue
>2 days with no response, thread is bumped off first page
>literally people who posted within an hour of me got a reply

christ. I just want to be able to respray my car.

>Wargaming even adds micropatterns or something in the screenshot, which testers can be identified by. Leakers take photos of their screen now.

Should be able to get around this by running a 'debugger' and dumping the raw framebuffers

yeah or just take a picture and don't get pwned by the anticheat

No other circuits have any issues, and it ruins the Euro Marathon circuit once you get round to it.

MXGP3 30% off worth buying?

Fucking F1 fags. The Ferrari pack for Assetto Corsa is gonna be missing out on the 512m for 2017 F1 bull shit.

>suddenly get a huge urge to play GT3 and 4 again
>ps2 got lost years ago

Fuck me
An emulator is just not the same

ps2 costs pennies now. find a goodwill crt tv and enjoy your nostalgia corner if you have enough room space at home

>recently got ps2 and original gt4, mgs2, some other games i could find
>everything in a price of two large pizzas
>at some point decided to solder in modchip
>fucked up (don't judge me, those soldering points were smaller than anything i ever saw before, soldering in phone microusb port was way easier)
>tried to desolder
>ps2 won't read disks anymore
>dsp is probably destroyed, sound is still recognizable but it's quiet and behind loud ass screeching
>still enjoying gt2 on my flawless psx that works since childhood up to this day
>will probably buy another ps2, just modded this time

Fuck CRTs get component cables and enjoy improved image quality. Heck if you're in america you can run GT4 in 1080i and it will look kickass.
Also next time get a memory card with freemcboot it's good enough for most uses. Or just, like, get the games they're dirt cheap.

>take a pigfat straightline machine
>add a ton of boost to that anchor of an engine
>have I mentioned how far ahead that anchor is?
>add sticky ass tires

It's kinda funny to drive if you power oversteer it out of corners, but considering how much it weights, there isn't much you can do about it.

What game is this?

real life

Project Gotham Racing 4

Any Horiz/o/n here? Joined the WAT group because it looked big but I've never met any online.

MGS2 has a HD remaster though. How could you miss out on those precious trophies?

>he expected help from t10
their customer support always has and will be trash

what kind of issue are you having tho bruv?

>Worst intro

GT1's loud screeching wants a word with you

>I've never met any online
it seems like most of the club is inactive desu

turn off tcs

>balanced using lap times
Can I put in my lap time on the way to delivering these bags of sand?

I'm not sure which GT1 into you're referencing. The one to which the subject of the OP refers is the worst of the GT3 intros regardless.

>DR
>set sensitivity to 100
>linearity 0
>steering now feels like it works

wtf codemasters
why do games release on console with garbage default settings?

I ran out of space in "my designs" to save paintjobs so I deleted everything there because that should fix it right?
well I can't save any paintjobs now, it keeps telling me "you have too many saves of this type, delete some to save it"

sounds like youve been t10'd. deleting paintjobs should have fixed the issue

the first thing theyll tell you to do is a hard reset and i think there may be a bug thread on the forum that you could try if you made a separate thread

I meant the US intro of GT1. Although I do agree that Go My Way is worse than the others. I thought he was referring to all GT's in general.

Are late models even going to be in pc2 or is this a meme

i bought it on winblows and reinstalled 7, now i'm waiting for the xXxbonexXx1

Gimmie any of the spec series but the soccer mums and midgets seem like the most fun.

Meme.

The SCCA Mustang is close enough.

Also holy shit I'm not complete garbage after all.

>Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
>Circuit of the Americas (COTA)
>Daytona International Speedway
>Fuji
>Long Beach Street Circuit
>Sportsland SUGO

>GT5 releases
>be that guy that drives around the x2010 in open lobbies
>mfw most people thought it was a modded car

I will be in NASCAR in Xfinity Series. When I am in NASCAR I will be driving #80 NASCAR but I have a problem which Manufacturer should I drive for(Toyota, Ford or Chevrolet?) We earn our sponsor. Now the schedule for 2018 (BTW: I will not do any of the night racing just yet) Thank you to any real life team to take this number, design or idea(my color are blue, green or both.) You can sign up for any of the track just tell me which one you want to do. I will give anyone and opportunity in my car. (Have to be 16+ and have to have a driver license) Just reply to me. Daytona: Atlanta: Las Vegas: Luigi_Kenobi Phoenix: Auto Club or Fontana : Texas: Bristol:Me Richmond:Me Talladega: Dover: Charlotte: Pocono: Michigan: Iowa: Chicagoland: Daytona: Kentucky: New Hampshire or Loudon: Iowa:Me Watkins Glen: Mid-Ohio: Bristol: Road America: Darlington: Indianapolis: Las Vegas: Richmond: Charlotte: Dover: Kansas: Texas: Phoenix: Homestead-Miami:

you can still get EA Classics discs new off Amazon

I can't drive that thing for shit. I never golded the X2010 challenges in GT5 but I got within the top 75 in a Seasonal time trial with the X2011. The X cars are so much easier to drive in GT6.

I'm still pretty active online so if anyone gets online just ask for my GT or share yours here and I'll add ya.

Always looking for fegs to play with.

I'll take Atlanta

>love grid
Grid Autosport a shit. Everything handled like a landbarge.

Also just got FH3 today, pretty fun. The Crew doesn't seem too bad either.

>tfw no pgr5

>Grid Autosport a shit. Everything handled like a landbarge.

Bruh what.

I'll never forget how many shitters this car triggered. Mostly because these days I just roam Horizon 3 in an X-class car and get the same exact reactions.
Bad drivers that can't handle anything past S1 and get really, really upset when you show them a faster car.

send it to me

I eat too much bread.
What is the ideal simracer diet?

Kappet Krunch®

granola cookies

is this good value?

No

ukfags it's currently £129 on amazon (without shifter)

>ukfags
AU is australian currency, afaik australians have 9999% tax on everything that's not produced locally

also, 400 aud = ~$300. That's not a bad price for g29.

I'm starting a fun project where I'm gonna balance some street cars together for AC, to create an improved production style class. The speesd I'm aiming for is faster than the touring class and at best as fast as the GTS cars in PWC. I'm gonna use hard slicks on all cars with what aero they come with, and more tuning options in the setup, i.e. adjustable ride height, dampers, diff brake balance etc.
The ideal scenario is that a lightweight car such the gmp ek9 civic can race head to head against a detuned tt supra, where the ek can dominate the corners and the supra can be faster in the straights.

Anyway. If anyone wants me to tune a particular car feel free to tell me so. I'm only asking for it to be either stock content or a quality mod, has 4 wheels and that it was/is a produced street car in volume. The pack might never see the light of day, but it would still be good practice for me.

just don't show your project on ac forum

they blocked my gran turismo like careeer project after i added car tuning that could be applied to stock cars ;_;

Nah this will probs never go outside of ovg to begin with. I know how butt flustered the AC defense force is in the forums.

Reminder that Stefano lurks /ovg/

>The ideal scenario is that a lightweight car such the gmp ek9 civic can race head to head against a detuned tt supra, where the ek can dominate the corners and the supra can be faster in the straights.

You saw Jordan Cox and his Civic, didn't you?

youtu.be/BnQP95aVv04?t=58s I fucking love him.

you were retarded though

Tfw no nfs 3 hot pursuit series

Tfw no non-dead series

Make one then

since when does Woolworths sell racing wheel what the fuck

t

Reminds me of the good old times playing with the corvette in NFS high stakes
>discovering you have to pay to fix the car you wrecked in the last race during career mode

Honda/Acura Integra
Is there somewhere I can keep updated on it? My fetish is using bone stock street cars as opposed to full blown racecars

with 60hz vsync off should my fps cap in AC be 63, 83 or 121? this shit is confusing

There is an integra by GMP, but sadly the sounds are screwed on it, with some sort of delay.
I'll look into it though.

As of now i'm making a the list of the cars, but I will be working on the cars soon.

What's the refresh rate of your monitor?

question: why cant i take 90 degree turns at 60-70khm in a RAce Car in Cornetto Corsa?

I feel like they should be able to do this, but they just understeer like a pig and i suck at driving quickly, cause it seems no matter how much i slow down I still have to understeer - even after breaking on the straight - regardless of the car..

and the brakes, the pedal meter shows they are fully depressed but it takes ages to stop any car from 100kmh... even my real car stops quicker - and i drive an econo family wagon...

how do i git gud?

60hz, things look fine with cap at 63fps but I like to be sure and there was conflicting info in my research

watch videos, practice, use correct fov

Trail brake. The brake is used to slowdown and to turn

This is the initial Car list I've decided on

>Honda civic EK9: FWD - N/A
>Toyota Supra Time attack : RWD - Turbo
>Ford mustang 5.0: RWD - N/A
>honda integra: FWD - maybe turbo
>Lotus exige 240: MR - Supercharged
>Alfa Romeo Giulietta: FWD - turbo
>Honda NSX: MR - NA
>BMW M3 E30: RWD - NA
>Nissan 370z: RWD - NA
>Tuned AE86: RWD - NA
>Porsche Cayman: MR- turbo

All cars will come with ABS as standard for the sake of being easier to drive. The gearbox are gonna be the same way they are as they were stock, so auto cars stay auto and manual cars stay manual. For the sake of my sanity, no 4wd cars for now.

Are there any good emulators for PS2 or above, and guides on how to set them up fully including getting the games?

Years ago I had GT2 running great but now it's a spammy crapfest of dodgy tutorials that don't work or miss out important bits for muh legal issues.

>it takes ages to stop any car from 100kmh... even my real car stops quicker - and i drive an econo family wagon...
No it does not, you've just never played a sim before

would be really neat to see some sort of /ovg/ community car pack
youtube.com/watch?v=lSZ2GcilS0E
post updates and questions here for dat series hype

>Are there any good emulators for PS2 or above
No.
>guides on how to set them up fully
RTFM
>including getting the games?
ebay

I recently did it for persona 4. Don't think GT will be that different.
Just get the Game ISO via the usual sites and a corresponding BIOS from google and follow pcsx2.net/config-guide/official-english-pcsx2-configuration-guide.html and
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Gran_Turismo_4 / the corresponding wiki article

That Seattle circuit was the shit. Party because I'm from Seattle.

Except that GT4 on PCSX2 is a shit show.

Looks fine to me?
youtu.be/eYF49aWQDU4?t=1m51s

Just because you have a shit PC that can't run the emulator, doesn't mean everybody does.

The only thing that doesn't work perfectly are the license tests. If you use the default options, the license tests load but the ghosts don't work and you can't see the delta time of the car lead car/car behind you in races. If you change some options you can make the delta times show up but then licenses will crash the game when trying to load them.
Just do the licenses, change the options afterwards

If you wanna know what these options are, just look here
wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Gran_Turismo_4

Not gonna happen. It's an exercise in futility, you might as well make your own game instead because there are so many variables in effect here. Optionally, start with base physics for all the cars in a class and then tweak accordingly to minimize some of the variables. This is an absurd amount of work for not much in return and you'll constantly have to upgrade the physics and cars as they update shit for no reason.

You're so retarded it hurts though.

Use one of these builds and it should run a lot better. Haven't tried GT4 in a while though

buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

>Obscure sim challenge

One internet pringle to the first person who can identify this game, download it and run a sub 1-minute lap with this car and track

Go

im not good enough at call of duty to do that