GOAT L.U.V

What is the greatest light utility vehicle ever made and why is it the Chevy HHR?

>Unmistakable design
>30+ MPG highway
>Relatively massive cargo space
>Comfortable

What's not to love? As a light utility vehicle the HHR remains the serviceman's top choice. Ford's Transit Connect is the only thing that comes close. The HHR is the only vehicle on the road aside from the Dodge Challenger that actually pays homage to American vehicle design heritage and doesn't bow to shitty modern design sense.

Its body is supremely suited for attractive decals and graphics, making it the ideal platform for light duty work for companies that are road based, when complemented by heavy duty trucks to move bigger payloads.

Why doesn't your fleet have an HHR, Veeky Forums???

Other urls found in this thread:

outbacktravelaustralia.com.au/buyers-guide-buying-advice/the-true-history-of-the-ute
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_One_Tonner
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

chevy astro is a lot better.

Vans are tasteless and are pure utility, with zero consideration for aesthetics. A serviceman who needs a van is probably hauling at least 50% trash or other useless shit.

All the tools you should ever need will fit comfortably in the HHR

Don't tell me this isn't sexy

holy shit the OP is so hot, shame the panel cruiser never came to be

this modded one is a bit shit though, looks like a cars 2 character

I will cum endlessly if GM decides to do an HHR 2.0 with an inline six, maybe raised a bit with slightly larger wheels. It would still need a 4 cylinder option cuz muh mpgs, otherwise I think a beefed up HHR would be a real winner. It will already tow a small trailer nicely, would be nice to have some more power.

I don't know why more US manufacturers won't try and update older body types. We've been making cars for over a century now, we should have some more traditional looking vehicles that use updated powertrains.

American vehicle design has always been a world apart from eurotrash junk. I loathe the way things are going.

This shit is only good when it's in SS trim
Step the fuck up OP

>American vehicle design has always been a world apart from eurotrash junk

They are just built for different purposes, however for some reason the Euro designs are held as superior in the US

Old RWD body-on-frame vans are much more robust and reliable than FWD unibody vans

Light pickups and full size saloons need to make a return too, the Crown Vic and Town Car sold very well for the dated design they were, a little investment would probably have seen them get a new boost of sales too

If you can't appreciate a non-performance model I would say you aren't really a car fan

>ITT boomershit
this is a me too rental fleet pt cruiser by GM. nothing more.

a stock HHR looks infinitely better than any of the "custom" trash you posted as well.

Disagree. The SS makes it look like it's trying to be some riced out low riding bullshit with worse clearance than it already has. Like it's some crap Japanese street racing rig.

The HHR unibody, as a platform, is decidedly a work vehicle. I don't think it has any business as a street prowler. It is not a hot hatch. Everything about it, powertrain wise, is outclassed by other vehicles in the weight category. Its strengths lay in its cargo space and economy. That's what makes it a viable work vehicle. The SS package is kind of a joke for HHR really.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't work for me. It's like trying to pimp out a wheelbarrow. Just flat out unnecessary and ruins the actual selling points of this car.

While they did indeed see the popularity of the PT and tried to replicate it (hired the exact same designer as well) I think it's wrong to assume this vehicle should be relegated to a rental fleet as you say.

Its niche is squarely in the service sector. There is no vehicle on the road in this niche that can beat its fuel economy.

If you worked on the road, you would understand how important that is.

The only vehicle that comes close is the Transit Connect, rated with much worse fuel consumption (though not horrible) but with more cargo space.

I think GM is failing to compete in this LUV category by not updating the HHR. Ford has captured the majority of the market easily just because GM no longer makes anything like the HHR.

You see 90% Ford Transit Connects doing the same job an HHR could do. Anyone know why that is?

>battery dies
>have to replace battery with new one
>open hood
>battery isn't there, it's in the cargo space underneath the spare tire
>open the liftgate
>it doesn't open because it's electronically opened and the battery's dead
>open back door
>it doesn't open because it's electronically opened and the battery's dead
>open front door to crawl into back of car
>can't because of the divider to keep cargo from sliding forward into cabin space

Now what.

my issue with the HHR is that its performance is a bit anemic for regular highway use. Visibility is also pretty shit due to wide pillars everywhere. I still like it tho

Buy a non retarded car

This is the cringiest shit ever, HHR fans are the new PT Cruiser fans.

It is without a doubt one of the least reliable, most poorly constructed and ill-thought vehicles to ever slither from GM's hairy asshole.

Cancerous turd car, couldn't die soon enough. It will never be brought back.

attach jumper pack at points in engine bay to jump car, they all have this.

Feeling sorry for Americans that can't buy proper dog catchers.

>be American
>choices are so terrible that people would rather drive Scions with taped up rear windows for their business

>The HHR is the only vehicle on the road aside from the Dodge Challenger that actually pays homage to American vehicle design heritage and doesn't bow to shitty modern design sense.
Literally every "retro" car that's come out America in the recent past has been complete dog shit apart from the second gen Ford GT.

>least reliable
That's not what owners on Edmunds are saying
You just have some irrational hatred towards it, seek help

Americans are retarded when it comes to this. They either mimic the first designs almost exactly (see 2005 Mustangs, Ford GTs) or they butcher it like the HHR.

Even Toyota was able to properly borrow elements for the GT86 and FJ Cruiser without making them look like dogshit.

It was made by Mexicans in Mexico using the same parts bin as the Chevrolet Cobalt.

Plus it's a GM product, so you have [at best] their shoddy quality control to look forward to.

It's an ugly trash vehicle and you're a gay faggot if you like it. Stop liking what I don't like, immediately.

GM isnt even trying anymore. They have no sport versions of any of their cars and they have no small van/LUV. They buy that shitty van off of nissan and rebadge it. Where is the new HHR? Where is the new Astro? This mentality that GM has now is the same mentality tha cause them to go bankrupt 10 years ago. Fuck GM.

Shane on you. Mexico has a robust workforce and has produced for the global market like every other economy.

Cars aren't "made in _______" anymore buddy. They are products of a global economic engine.

VW vans are the only VWs I would buy and we dont get them here.

that's so retarded and unnecessary to do when all it needed was a mechanical door handle

if your only bragging points are mpgees cargo space and comfort you can go fuck yourself normie scum

>GOAT LUV

>GOAT LUV

Hillary lost the election you fucking faggot, and the wall IS going up. Surely CTR isn't still paying you assholes?

And FYI, "global car" doesn't mean it's not made primarily in a single country.

Christ, the Camry is more American than the Silverado if we're looking at country of origins for parts, AND for manufacture of the vehicle.
Other cars, like the FJ, were made exclusively in Japan with like 95% Japanese parts content. Some European stuff like shock absorbers were used, but no Mexicans laid a finger on that vehicle. No one brown, actually.

Never thought I'd see the day when "American made" cars were actually something to desire...but when we're looking at shit made in MEXICO and CHINA...god damn.

That's not even the best Ute mate

Grumman llv

What is the Australian fascination with Utes? They seem like a half-assed attempt at several things.

>OK as a drag/muscle car
>moderately OK as a gear hauler, but weak rear end and unibody means low hauling capacity
>single cab means it's a poor people-mover

Maybe it's because I'm a leaf, but I just don't understand the cult surrounding these cars.

Also, I've never owned a Sport Trac but always thought they were a unique vehicle. Seems like a better contender than the HHR for a work vehicle.

Fuck you man, I've been on the Trump team since day one.

I don't think Trump is so derisive of other nation's workforces as you are. Trump is simply Amero-centric due to the economic needs of the nation, not because he believes that other nations do not produce quality products. That's straight racist. Don't be a damned racist, the liberals will never take us seriously.

You use high quality Mexican products daily and love them. Gaurantee it.

Cars are so commoditized now that claiming national pride from automobile design is not genuine. These are multinational companies.

>In1933, a Gippsland farmer's wife wrote a letter to Ford Australia, asking: “Can you build me a vehicle that we can use to go to church in on Sunday, without getting wet, and that my husband can use to take the pigs to market on Monday?”
outbacktravelaustralia.com.au/buyers-guide-buying-advice/the-true-history-of-the-ute

>but weak rear end and unibody means low hauling capacity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_One_Tonner

>“Can you build me a vehicle that we can use to go to church in on Sunday, without getting wet, and that my husband can use to take the pigs to market on Monday?”
Well, any fucking pick-up could do that, I don't see why you'd need a whole new class of vehicles for it.

>going to church in a fucking work truck
And that's why God will fart in your face and send you to hell when you die.

>In1933, a Gippsland farmer's wife wrote a letter to Ford Australia, asking: “Can you build me a vehicle that we can use to go to church in on Sunday, rip fatass skidz in the parking lot, and that my husband can use to be a sikk cunt the other 6 days a week?”

fuck outta here nyuggah

>posts the exception to the rule

Most aren't designed to hold more than a few thousand pounds at best. One tonners haven't been made for ages. Just buy two cars - an old Hilux for work and something nice for fun.

>can't turn
>isn't as fast in a straight line either
Literally what's the point?

That's why no one wants them and you can buy an El Camino for a few thousand dollars. Plus they're ugly.

literally the ugliest car ever made, even more ugly at the PT cruiser or the Subaru Aztec

>Subaru Aztec

>GM

he's gonna post that picture of an orange aztek and an orange Crosstrek with Richard Dawkins and Emma Watson that only makes him look retarded because they don't look anything like each other besides both being orange and having 4 wheels.