[Daily Bike Thread - /dbt/]

When exactly has Suzuki fallen from grace? edition.

>Motorcycle Q & A
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Rating
>Motorcycle Pics & Webms
>Motorcycle Dating Advice

/dbt/ map:
>google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1YwqbzbdRjMAItdOZPktcND3Nr98

Benchrace your buttocks:
>cycle-ergo.com

Benchrace your helmets:
>sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Benchrace in general:
>crash.net

Noob? Start here:
Webms with sound:
Previously on Daily Bike Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/6197412769.html
polovniautomobili.com/motori/10385588/yamaha-szr-660
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mt07 a best

FZ09 gauge cluster a fucking garbage

I want to get a dualsport that I can take touring. I love going on 10 hour rides, and want to be able to hit the trails or bike through industrial areas that I find.

All my life, my dad talked constant shit about Jap vehicles, saying that they stop supplying replacement parts after a few years, so it's hard to do any maintenance on them cheaply. Obviously this isn't true, but is there any truth to this?

What bike would you suggest for light adventuring? 650l? Something KTM?

I love Harley's they're the best.
Here's my 20,000$ 85hp 700lb beast

V-STRONK

Dis

>Luggage strapped to forks

That can't be a good idea.

The A-Twin is a pussy magnet, but I just bought a Duke 6 months ago and can't justify the cost.

Dude get some saddlebags or panniers, that looks absolutely ridiculous and can't be doing much for the already terrible handling.

who /200mph/ here?

I'll stand by my point on the OP.
Don't you guys think Suzuki had a lot more courage/ambition back then?
Or am I just looking at the past with nostalgia glasses?

>You chose poorly.

For AT user touring the west coast. This is where I was today.

So I got a sportbike but after riding for like a half hour my body starts feeling uncomfortable. Is there an optimal position to sit where your back and neck don´t feel like breaking and your wrists want to fall off?

For comfiest back, rub your balls on the tank and hold the handlebars with your fingertips. For your wrist hold yourself up with your abs and legs by squeezing the tank. Otherwise no, you're on a sport bike, they're not made to be comfortable.

Any of you metalfags know how frames are made? Just kinda curious if these are all hand welded or how it works. Kinda cool to see

>cunts stole my bike (again)
>try to claim on insurance
>excess is more than the bike is worth
>find another
>call insurance to swap
>they don't cover it
>£35 cancellation fee
fuckers
I'm buying third party only with no voluntary from now on
it's just a con

God that looks horrible

V nice. I love the 390 though, man. It corners like a dream, and I can embarrass squids on the highway.

>italian
Highly likely handmade
>british
The most expensive ones are handmade
>german
Robots did it
>Suzuki
Welds will crack
>Honda
Shitty, ugly welds
>Kawasaki
It ain't pretty, but it works
>Yamaha
Frame tuned to 432

I'm an electrician, and I've only dabbled in welding, but that looks like someone didn't have the right amperage set. As for factory, a person might spot weld this or that, but it's largely done by machines. That may have been a human. What bike?

Shape is japanese
The offset in the middle makes me say Honda, VFR or CBR both had that
Suzuki though has a reputation for shitty front-end welds, so it light be that
How off was i?

my money is on gxsr

Gsxr 1000 2003. I have an 02 600 and the frame welds look identical

OHOOOO

Your eye might just be untrained. Post the other frame at the same joint.

honda welds are gorgeous

>Hyosung avitar

The welds around the intake slot look good, others are pretty trash tbqh. Definitely hand welded.

This here is machine welded and smooth af

its sad what have dbt became...
No one is posting, there is no good discussions...
no more faggots...
Its a sad sad place...
>it feels like dad having an alzheimer

Why does Honda make fat expensive bikes compared to the competition? I've been 'mirin the new CB650F coming out as my second bike someday, but then I see the weight compared to the competition and the overall expense and seems much more expensive. Yes I get that it's a 4cl vs a twin, but is that it? Will I regret getting a pigfat baiku??

Also I wish BMW made an exciting naked middleweight. The F800R seems pretty boring, ugly and expensive. Surely with the G310R they are looking to add more fun middleweights in their range too?

I don't want a z650 or fz07, please send help.

>Will I regret getting a pigfat baiku??
Yes and because modern Honda is dogshit

Had to push start my buddies FZ09 last night. Holy shit that throttle was sensitive did not expect that. Not the best first impression. I do like the position though.

Probably suzuki. The VIN doesn't start with JH.

The welds on my VFR's frame look gorgeous by the way.

Honda doesn't care about performance outside of their repliracers

hmm great, thanks anons.

Not so much about performance for me, as I just like a light bike.

That luggage box looks familiar, did you pass through Hope and/or the Fraser Canyon in BC a few weeks ago?

Wait til you try to push start a 650 thumper

What baiku?

Stop being a nobike and get out like everyone else

I want this soo bad.

newlondon.craigslist.org/mcy/6197412769.html

better buy it b4 i do

>that picking up a new bike feeling

What do u think of the yamaha tw200? I used one for my MSF course and liked it. should buy 1?

'09 KLX250S.

So true

Well fuck you sir,
i would get a bike but i am working in Croatia.
Next month i am getting this >polovniautomobili.com/motori/10385588/yamaha-szr-660

>that dropping it right when you roll in to your driveway for the first time feeling

I think they look like a load of fun but I have a feeling they'd be pretty brutal for any highway riding, and that's coming from a guy who happily rides 2 or 3 hours straight on a 250 on a weekly basis. However, I haven't ridden a TW yet so fuck if I know.

Ayy fellow BC rider, where you at?

I went through the canyon last year and got snowed on by cache creek in May.

How is it on the highway?

Hey dbt i need a bike that autistically screams "cyberpunk"
Perferable one with hub steering or whatever makes the wheel jut straight out from the front. Price is no issue

The G310R is just an affirmation of BMW's commitment of selling motor vehicles to horrible fucking brown people

Wait til you try to push start a liter vtwin, only time I've been able to do it was rolling from the top of a steep hill with warm tires

I can't do it on the 650 single. I have tried on more than 25 occasions and it just won't happen. Tried in every gear 1-4

Heavy bikes with shit handling are a little more stable on windy highway commutes, so I guess there's that.

The world, dissatisfied with attempts to pass off two cyllinders as "middleweights", was begging for a return of the F4i and something torquey and moderately comfy like a VFR but a little lighter (which couldn't be the VFR without chopping the displaement in half because the engine configuration alone adds like 50lbs). The world got both.

It's only 460lbs anyways and I'm pretty sure most of that weight is just from cost cutting on materials to keep the bike costing less than the 600RR.

460lbs is not pigfat, especially for a steel frame I4 non-race bike. The steel frame CBR600s and first CBR1000RR weighed that much. The ER6n is 450lbs and that's a P-twin. The FZ07 is just really fucking light but they compromised on other things to do that.

The canyon is a bizarre world, not surprised one bit. I live near Chilliwack River Valley in the Lower Mainland but spend a ton of time riding around Merritt and throughout the Fraser Canyon.

Not ideal but it doesn't stop me from riding long distance with it. The rider will give up long before the bike does. Low comfortable top riding speed of 110 kmh, thin uncomfortable seat, but on the bright side it's very light, maneuverable, and an absolute blast off road. It's the only bike I've got right now so I've got no problem shrugging off a sore ass if the destination is nice.

The ER6N is replaced by the Z650 which is about 400lbs, and somewhere thereabouts is the FZ07 and FZ09.

What honda is selling:
The CBR600RR, probably the most stylish bike on the market that looks like a callback to the NR750, the bike that ended up defining ducati's trademark styling
The VFR800 with extra vtec
An I4 that looks like it spawned from a ninja 650

What people actually want:
A CB400SF with an extra 250cc and styling cues from the grom
The CBR600RR's design with bar risers and the 650F's engine
A vtec-free V4 supersport

DR650 vs KLR650?

>73 pound difference
Your choice nigga

>The CBR600RR's design with bar risers and the 650F's engine
This is what I want from all sport bikes. I don't get why sport-touring bikes always look like shit.

Because your grandpa wouldn't buy one if it looked like a motorcycle instead of a spaceship and your brother's friend's douchebag cousin wouldn't buy one because it looekd like a sportbike but didn't have the stats to back it up

>wtf 480lbs? who the fuck needs a reinforced subframe!?

>that feeling when your old shitbike is starting to need a lot more work

>A CB400SF with an extra 250cc and styling cues from the grom

user pls I can only be so erect

protip: jump on the pegs when you pop the clutch to get a bit more traction for that moment

I just had my summer gear with me too so I had to pull over every 10 minutes and warm my hands up on the engine for the whole morning. Pretty sure I got mild hypothermia or something.

I'm in the lower mainland too, riding to tofino in 2 weeks. I'd like to go to penticton some time this summer if it doesn't burn to the ground.

>A CB400SF with an extra 250cc and styling cues from the grom
This is what memers tell themselves they want but would never actually buy because it would cost three times as much as a pre-crashed Ninja 300.

New 650F looks a gud

I passed my MSF course :D

Can't buy a bike for a couple of months since I'll be away on work, though.

would like to remove the rust from my exhaust but I'm afraid that the rust is the only thing holding it together

Scrub lightly with SOS pad

Wasn't me.

Hello I'm one of the fabled cagers, what do you people do when your naked get rusty? Or do you not let them get rusty?

congrats, make sure to either pick up a gs500 or a liter bike

Mine is all aluminum, magnesium, or stainless steel so nothing really rusts on it.

DR, it isn't even close.

Where did you go today?

Planned to go to southport but some cunts nicked me soddin bike didn't they?

No problem. Going to pick up the new hog tomorrow. Looks to be a nice day, and a pleasant ride home.

>RIP Speed Demon (pic)

Who the fuck would steal that lmao.

Niggers, theyre clueless

chavs looking to joyride

kudos to them for breaking the lock and hotwiring it
a lot of effort for a rust bucket with no petrol

Well that blows, what will be its replacement?

Nothing special. The first bike I found with an MOT
I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Coincidentally, that's how I got Speed Demon too.
Fucking chavs eh?

When did Suzuki lose their shit? The head stock weld failures in the TL1000 was pretty embarrassing, but were they shit before that?

You know what to do user.

>some chain links are getting stiff
>countershaft oil seal seeping again
>needs new tires
>shock doesn't feel as firm as it used to
>tfw no mone

p i g f a t

Anyone going to be passing through KY early thursday morning on their way to SAM?

KYStrom? I don't see ur bike in that pic

not as fat as ur mum

KYCBR

I believe there's a guy with a vstrom coming from KY as well

he's way out east, probably not going the same way as me. I've seen a few anons post screenshots of their route going down I75 through central KY which would be convenient for me.

>saying that they stop supplying replacement parts after a few years, so it's hard to do any maintenance on them cheaply
It is true. Buying direct OEM is expensive enough as it is. Unless you have a local junkyard, you'll have to rely on third party catalogs of OEM parts and pay ridiculous amounts of money for the dumbest proprietary shit. Strip a 30 cent screw? That'll be $3 because the local hardware store doesn't carry them. Crack your taillight lens? Get out your wallet, that red chunk of plastic is $30+. Now imagine the price for actual engine components.
The alternative is ebay but the prices are only slightly lower than new oem but for a beat up used part.
OEM prices increase even higher as supply drops and you end up competing with people who hoard bike parts so they can ride and repair their bike as long as possible.

Jap bikes aren't worth fixing half the time. That's why junkyards are filled with mountains of them.

>F4i stunt bike for sale
>not only do they value it as high as an unmolested F4i, but they expect to get paid a premium for a bike that has been thrashed to the ground
craigslist...

But all that money spent on mods, man. Looks sick, man.

What bikes out there have single sided swingarms besides the VFR and the Hawk? I like the way they look

>autistically screams "cyberpunk"
>Price is no issue

say no more