Live in Texas

>live in Texas
>every single road looks like this
>arrow straight
>not a single hill for miles
>no twisties, at all, anywhere
>have to drive around Houston to actually have any fun
>that fun consists of cutting thru traffic that flows af 90+ on a slow day and trying not to die from all the unlicensed, uninsured niggers and illegals

Why don't I live near some mountains or some shit? I'm so bored. I wanna die

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QzkyBLfvbKk
ridetexas.com/best-in-texas-readers-choice-awards-results-roads/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is literally the sharpest curves for miles around.

It's a 65mph main road so they are long and wide for all the idiots in SUV's. Not interesting at all.

All the country roads are either private and fenced off, or impassable in anything but a 4x4 with fat ass mudding tired

Every time I find a decent looking road on google, I drive my ass up there and it's either boring, blocked or as mentioned, impassable.

I'd mud wrestle Hillary Clinton for a chance to drive these kinda roads.

I used to live in Corpus and I feel ya man. Even the Hill Country isn't all that.

If you want roads you're just going to have to move. I now live in southern Indiana and the state highways around here and in northern Kentucky are pretty good. County roads can be good or rough as hell. Thing is there are no jobs. And snow. Never forget the snow.

I like Corpus, only been a few times since I live so near Galivston I have no real reason to travel to another beach town.

I'd move, but I make good money here, don't think I can take the hit to my lifetime earning potential just for good roads... I want kids and for them to have a good life, education, etc

But yeah, at least I never have to deal with snow, right?

I drove tail of the Dragon in a rental. I got motion sick halfway through and puked. Getting back out was torture. I shammed myself and my family.

>But yeah, at least I never have to deal with snow, right?
I was a kid around here so I thought having seasons again would be nice. The first year was cool, the second year was mildly annoying, and after that it was This Is BULLshit!

Just buy a powerful as fuck Challenger or Charger with good summer tires like me and STFU. Texas is awesome.

>motion sickness
I'm sorry user, that must suck that you can't enjoy shit like that

I hear ya, I'm a bong immigrant so I grew up with seasons. Then I lived in rural Ohio for a few years so I got to experience crazy ass winters.

It took a long time to get used to all summer all the time, but it's grown on me. I live my life like I'm in a topical paradise in linen shorts, sipping drinks under palm trees.

If this place had decent roads I'd be happy AF

Driven plenty of fast cars, I got bored of going fast in a straight line on a wide, empty road a LLOONNGG time ago user.

It's just not fun anymore, there's no skill, no challenge, just put your foot down and shift... yawn

>at least I never have to deal with snow, right?

You're missing out on a lot of sick winter sports.

Was never into skiing or any of that stuff desu, I've lived in snowy places before I moved to TX, all it did was make me put my dirt bike away for a few months.

I'm not a snow person I guess.

>tfw oregon

suck my duck

(i'll send a prayer for you with every twisty)

Much like New York or L.A. you can visit that shit and not have to live it.

Not gonna lie, I'm envious.

Good point, but I don't even wanna visit that shit. Snow sucks.

>putting your dirt bike away

Meh. Driving an hour or two to get to the mountains is annoying enough. New York and LA are mostly shitty.

Where in Texas?
Austin has phenomenal roads.

Surfside, near Gavliston. A long ass way from Austin.

If you want the closest thing to actual Texas Togue, check out the Ft. Davis/Marfa/Alpine triangle, or if you're really adventurous, head south from Marfa to Terlingua through Big Bend, and then drive the River Road to Presidio.

I live in Dallas, but I love the mountains in west TX and make it a point to get a ton of driving in whenever I take trips out there. Ft. Davis scenic loop would be a must.

>Surfside
I grew up in Galveston, and I do remember the roads being p dull. Sorry bro, but hey at least you've got beaches. Get a beat to shit old moped, they make every road a fight for your life.

That's for the tip, but that's like a 9hr drive for me.

Bikes are suicide here. Everyone's a drunk/illegal/teenager girl on their cell phone.

Speed limit hits 80/85 when you get closer to Midland/Odessa and beyond, but yeah. Unfortunately El Paso is your only other option for actual mountains, and there's a hell of a lot of traffic there. There's a Border Patrol checkpoint in Marfa, but outside of that, law enforcement is sparse, and the traffic even more so, especially in the mountains proper.

>el paso
That's 11hrs lol

Thanks bro but I ain't never gonna be driving those distances for winding roads

This- southwest and general west Texas has the best roads desu, I'm moving to Marfa soon and you just knoowwwwwww fort Davis is a must on the holidays or weekends

So I just moved to the wrong part of Texas?? Fuck!

Also I rly wanna go to marfa to see the alien light things.

Driving in from I-20 or the Pecos area will give you the greatest relief and some bad ass views too. I-10 through Ft. Stockton ain't bad, but doesn't compare. Hit that scenic loop at sunset/sunrise.

I vacation out there just to escape the city, but those roads are a huge bonus.

>not living on one of the best driving roads in Texas
It's like you guys aren't even trying

youtu.be/QzkyBLfvbKk

>'best driving road in Texas!'
>posts some loser neckbeards vlog
>even when he's driving the camera is pointed towards tubby

Or you could just post the name of the fucking road? Jesus Christ

That feel when I live in Alabama and there are curvy, hilly roads everywhere but am looking to move to TX/NM for jobs then see this thread.

Scenic drive, El Paso, TX

Sorry I'm fat lol

I moved here for the work.

The money is good but seriosly, the roads are AWFUL. They're not only straight but they're flat and WIDEEEEEEE as fuck, so even speeding you feel slow as fuck.

Depends where your priorities are user, I want to start a family soon so money is of huge importance to me right now, if I wasn't planning on that I'd legit move to a mountainous area for the twisties and just buy an old Miata or something. I'd be broke but I'd be happy AF

That's you?? Nice car user but maybe hit the gym and focus on your diet?

You don't look like a young man, and even at your weight the health issues will start real soon.

Not trying to be a dick at all, just don't want a car bro to die early. (Also your ride is sweet)

Go to westheimer its like driving in a rally!

Man I feel your pain. Live in Indianapolis and there are only like 2 decent roads around that last for like 3 turns. Made the drive out to the tail of the dragon and everything is worse now

Yeah I genuily enjoy the crazy driving in Houston, whole city is like a race track.

I just long for twisties to throw my POS eco shitbox around.

T.C. Jester has some good twisties between i-10 and Tidwell. BTW fuck capchas jesus christ

Shit man, makes me want to hit up Mt. Cheaha this weekend.

>Pic related, the run up and down the tallest mountain in AL.

I haven't been fat for too long, was lean af before but got pretty depressed and just drank. Now it's just trying to get the motivation to climb the mountain again. At my prime I weighed 127 lbs and was bench pressing 230 lbs, deadlifting 330, squatting 310, ran 2 miles in under 12 mins and 5 miles in under 35 min. It just sucks starting over lol

Dont y'all have the grand sport speedway? Ever been? I've been wanting to go.

I'll check that out user, thanks.

>capchas
I've been having to do 5-6 just to comment recently, starting to piss me off

I hate you user

that's beautiful

I hear you user! You can do it brother, just think of growing old with your family. Best motivation around!

>go to the track
I drive an automatic eco slushbox. Don't find straight line speed that fun, and didn't see a point in buying a sporty car to drive on endless straights.

Good idea user, but I'm talking something I can tackle on the daily or at 3am when I can't sleep.

I've been considering buying a lockup so I've got space to store and work on a project car, is track the shit outa that

After carefully considering your post I have to reply in Veeky Forums idiom.
You're an idiot.
Read a map.
If you don't get off the freeways you won't find fun.
Go to the hill country, try not to kill anyone.

>oregon
mah nigga.

portland is japan tier in terms of roads around the city.
>narrow
>twisty as fuck
>up and down little hills and across rivers and shit
>those fucking bridges/onramps

even if you hate liberal hipsters, the drive is god like.

>south Texas
>winding roads anywhere
>'hill country'
Nigga they don't exist. Even the tiny ass dirt roads are arrow straight. There is NOTHING for them to go around, no hills, no buildings, nothing... so they're all straight.

You've got no idea what you're talking about son

I feel ya, dude. I live in Illinois and have to go south into southern Indiana, Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky, etc. Or go over into Michigan, or parts of Wisconsin.

Iowa and Illinois fucking blow except a little decent around the Mississippi.

>that shit
>phenomenal
lmaoing at your life
only one that looks okay is that road that goes through volente

Holy shit, I'd fucking live on that road

You faggots think you know but you have no idea.

No fucking idea.

>traffic that flows af 90+ on a slow day
Best I did was 158 mph on pic related, and there was still someone overtaking me.
These corners actualy get tight at that speed.

kek

traffic tho

Dallasfag here, I'll cosign that Austin has great roads, especially near the Barton Creek area.

Unlike Texas, New Mexico actually has mountains and hills. Plenty of amazing roads here to drive on.

Looks nice user

I love in East TN which is god tier driving roads. Only an hour away from the dragon so I usually go a few times a year but it's so crowded now with gay slow Harley's and tourists that it's not worth going outside of winter.

join night wave, they're also trying to solve the boring road problem.

Night wave? Is that a thread on here or something?

Endless twisties, low population density, amazing nature and shit to look at while driving, but the roads are third world tier because poverty state.

Frame of reference for that sheer level of distracting nature. The exception is that huge flat bit in south Idaho that's basically boring ass badlands.

Idaho is America's best kept secret for beautiful scenery.

The roads in phoenix are like this but its not too hard to find decent-ish roads. Trying to find more though.

Just competed in rally idaho. Can confirm amazing roads and scenery. They had groomed the roads several times before we got on them so they were the smoothest and fastest flowing roads ive ever been on. 10/10 would do again.

>hurr durr muh roads

are you stupid. or just dumb

Try making a comment that makes sense if you want an answer, dipshit

Freeport nigga repoeting for duty

Small world!

Phoenix bro here. Find under construction developments and go after the construction teams have gone home. i17 north of black canyon has a lot of those.

There's one on 303 and lake pleasant east of the 60 too

you have circled my house sir

It's a gay nightclub in Houston

>Austin has phenomenal roads
That are always jam full with traffic because that shit hole is way too big for it's britches

beecave is over rated, lake Travis has some good driving though. You can also find a few enjoyable roads between dripping springs and wimberly.

track day bro

seriously though i feel for you
maybe get a dirt bike or a POS offroader and just tear up the dirt

Spoiler alert: nobody's gonna tell you about the good roads because they're unknown and need to stay that way

Someone help me experience the fun Texas roads while I have a day left visiting relatives in pflugerville

Who even cares? 90% of the time there's just some slow nigger or tourist driving 5 under and craning their head at every single road cut.

I hate this fucking gay earth.

Sam bass road

I guess that's why 4x4 trucks are more popular? People find their fun, off the road?

yee

Should I move to oregon? I am a good conservative man but I want to leave Florida.

>pflugerville
Taylor here. Try some of the county roads in between plugerville and hutto.

Texas roads are better you don't know what you're complaining about OP. The more mountains the lower the speed limits. Driving around Texas while I was stationed there was the best driving experience ive ever had.

>Why don't I live near some mountains or some shit? I'm so bored. I wanna die
So move to a party of American in the mountains, ya dork

>only 1WD

u jelly?

We've done the handful of "twisties" here in Houston so many times that there really isn't any incentive to go out there again. That one time when we did the Texas State meet near San Antonio was well worth it. It was something new to us and we had a wonderful time there. Another Texas meet is in the works.

Not yet, we don't have a meet planned out. If you're in one of the three cities (Houston, Austin, San Antonio or that one person in El Paso) then you can find someone to drive with.

If you want to know more, just send a message on the instagram.

This is a typical road where I live. Shit can get scary in bad weather.

Meh. I've been up scarier driveways. Most roads up to the ski resorts and villages are worse than that. You know it's bad when the highways have avalanche gun turrets and avalanche gates.

>live in Connecticut
>curves and hills everywhere
>too much traffic and construction to enjoy them

On the plus side New York and Massachusetts are very close by and they're both great for driving so long as you stay away from NYC/Boston area and tread really lightly around the NYSP cause they'll pull you over for stupid shit like PSL + 1mph if you have out of state plates. I like upstate New York around the Adirondacks.

Pennsylvania and Vermont can be fun too when I really feel like making a day of it.

>Texans need lifted 4x4 trucks to drive straight as arrow roads
In the meantime master race Greek men drive Twingos on unsecured cliffside gravel roads

Texas bros, the roads are out there, you just have to find them, pic related

ridetexas.com/best-in-texas-readers-choice-awards-results-roads/

>posted speed: 20
>bikers clearly following that sign judging by how bolt upright they are

I don't want to go to a togue clogged by slowcucks on 800lb BMW touring rigs

>MFW my town is in the middle of several highly recommend motorcycle routes
>MFW I can have tons of fun on my local roads without going to a track

Upstate New York is a gem. I drove an old GTR down from Quebec through the Adirondacks a couple years ago (almost hit a black bear)

The only thing is, their roads are crumbling so it adds a level of difficulty that's not very fun, plus no cell signal can be a bummer when you get lost

Hardly any one in Houston drives fast. If you think so, you are whats wrong with shitty traffic in Houston.

That's a suggested speed so TXDOT can deflect any legal repercussions from the families of Paul Walker impersonators like yourself vehicularly an heroing