New Mustang

Thoughts?

I hope they put those lines there so when it runs into a crowd of people it just kills them fast and ends their misery

It didn't need a face lift. it needs to take down the Comaro.

It's starting to look more and more like some generic European car

hate this trend of angry headlights to try and be aggressive

2010-2014 mustangs were the best looking of the three at the time. turned to shit after

Engine is updated to dual injection and 12:1 compression, 7500RPM redline. Magnetic ride is standard. Both auto and manual transmissions are new. I doubt this is all enough to beat the Camaro, but it's something.

Cool. still waiting on that new platform Ford is supposedly sinking billions of dollars in for a new Mustang and new Flagship for Lincoln.

>billions

Better be for more cars than those two unless you want a discontinued Mustang because that's how you get discontinued Mustangs.

Looks like a mix between a down syndrome and a Jag

The Perf Pack spoiler is kind of shit looking. Doesn't look functionally aerodynamic enough.

>Mustang ((( GT )))

I think they made the front too noisy. The grille is big and bold but then the lower half tries to go sleek. The headlights remind me of the first Audi TT. I give it a resounding "meh". So glad I didn't wait to pick up my GT.

i wonder what a 5 liter engine with these additions can make. we have 435/400 now. Im guessing they will try to equal or slightly beat the camaro so im guessing. 460/430. i dont think they will get the torque above a camaro because MUH displacement advantage

any chance the new one is going to be lighter and smaller?

the size of the original mustang or camaro was just perfect

This so fucking much. The 2015-16 looked great.

The original 65 was Miata sized, no way in hell. Best I can reasonably hope for is going back to the SN-95 size and weight.

Ford will sell you a two different power packs for the 5.0L that increases it to 457hp/424trq or 472hp/405trq (powerband vs top end) and those come with a 3 year powertrain warranty. 460hp is totally reasonable with the engine updates, it's a pretty advanced engine.

>1975

181.6" L x 62.2" W / 108 in wheel base

188″ L x 75″ W / 107.1 in wheelbase

>mfw original mustang had a longer wheelbase while being about 7 inches shorter in length than the newer one

The squashed front end makes it look like a Malibu.

new miata is 154″ L x 68″ W btw, almost 30in shorter than the original mustang

>181.6" L x 62.2" W

woops, it's 68.2 in wide, not 62

Impressive

The 525 horsepower gt350 loses to a base model 450hp Camaro SS.
Those LT1s make brutal power across the entire power band.
The 5.0l only make good power at the top 90% of their RPM range.

pig fat like most of its owners

overhang was a mistake

O B E S S E D

Looks like a retarded XK-R.

Ford still can't beat the camaro? Is this a joke?

Agreed. It's like most cars these days with little wrinkles and pointless angles. It's like a symmetrical scribble.

Call me when the S650 comes out and loses *at least* 200 pounds

I'm so sick of your faggot lingo. What car is the s650 nerd

Is it fucking lighter already? It's crazy that mustangs are near 3900lbs

No, still weighs the same and still slower than the 2 year old camaro ss

But did they put it on a diet?

i like the modern 2019 model more

Holy shit downmarket cars are ugly
Who had the bright idea to bring back the chrome "corral" grill

Chassis codes
1994-2004 was SN95
2005-2014 was SN197
2015-2022 is S550
2023 will be the S650

Though Ford is thinking of moving the next gen a couple years closer, probably because they don't like being utterly dominated by the Camaro in every performance metric.

this is the Mustang II: Part Deux

I can't believe this is a car board and nobody has called you out on your bullshit yet
>Magnetic ride is standard.
No, it's available. Available =/= standard epsecially when it costs as much as it will
>Both auto and manual transmissions are new
The auto is new. The manual is an "updated" MT82 which is the same trans

no

Kek

That's the GT350, not the GT350R.
Not like it would matter, because ford would still be btfo though

I'm talking GT and SS

A V6 Camaro BTFO's the Mustang GT.

7500 rpm v8 with high rpm power band. It's like ford picked up where Honda left off. How can you hate this modern s2000

I agree. That's my point. Ford is trash

Because it's still slower than the 2016 camaro ss. They should of beat it but didnt. The improvements they mentioned will likely not be enough to match let alone beat the camaro unless the car lost like 300 pounds which they would of announced if it did

The Coyote is like two built K24's sharing a crank. The cam phasing even feels like VTEC kicking in.

We should all be driving gtr then, since it's faster.

Because it's pigfat

this. It looks like a Mercedes. It doesn't look bad at all, but the Mustang is an American car, not an European car and they should remember it.

The Huracan is faster than a GTR, why aren't we driving that instead?

I can afford a GTR, I can't afford a Huracan

Sucks to be poor I guess. I just took a shit in my gold toilet.

The argument isn't "hurt durr more expensive model is better" the argument is camaro SS and mustang GT on suppose to be on par with each beating the other when a new model comes out. Ford's new model is our and it still loses

I want to like camaro but I just can't get over the interior. I wish GM stop trying too hard with tiny window shit

It's really not that bad, you will only understand it by driving it. I hate GM cause of their dealers. Niggers try to get me to pay tax twice and pay for stuff they said they would throw in for free since they fucked up my first car order. Telling me i cant regester the car in another state i have a house cause my license is new york. You dont need a license to buy a car

The old one looks better. This one has down syndrome. They didn't need to change the way it looks

When I worked at dealerships we didn't sell car without driver license. But shady small used car lots did. Not sure how ...

Why? It's not illegal

Ford still owns like 30% of Aston Martin.
Notice anything?

They own less than 10%.

not crazy about the triangular brake vents but otherwise i like it.

So American cars are forever defined by shitty lumbering boxes designed by cavemen for cavemen?

It looks like they took the front off the xr6 / xr8

>1975
>original mustang
No.

Of course, This is the phase Ford hasn't tried yet in the mustang lineup. The one where they base the philosophy on the horse itself.. as long as it had Downs Syndrome

F A L C O N

I don't want to make a new thread so I'll ask here.
Do you guys think buying a 05-09 V6 Mustang is worth it, or should I save up for a V8?

Yes, looks like a Ford ST

this

>Not wanting a v8 focus

>tfw no Barra turbo mustang

Meh. Still won't keep up with the camaro

Save for a v8

The performance you get with a camaro is great, I just can't stand how they look and the visibility leaves a lot to be desired. If those two things were fixed I might have actually bought a zl1.

Different poster here, but show me where they confirm its an MT82?

One of the engineers gets interviewed beside a red one, (cant remember but its on youtube), and says it gets a twin disc clutch and hints that the transmission (6 speed manual in this case) gets two overdrives.

Us car guys assume it'll be a tremec, cause the mt82 has 5th as one to one and only 1 technical overdrive, 6th.

Whereas all the tremecs, like t45, t3650, t56, tr6060,and so on, use 4th as a one to one gear, and have two overdrives.

Its face looks dumb

yes