What do you store your tools in, Veeky Forums?

What do you store your tools in, Veeky Forums?

Ur mum

strap on krl

harbor freight us general tool cart

>matco guy tryin to sell one of their shitty boxes to me
>actually looking at pictures online
>shit plastic everywhere, looks like a toy
>mention it to snap on dealer
>gets me a deal on a repo same day
>matco guy mad AF

>few weeks later boss orders a triple bank matco 6s
>open long drawer
>whole thing shakes and shimmies as the drawer pulls out
>literally feels like its about to fall on me

feels good to make the right choice

The older Matco boxes are pretty nice, the new ones with the hexagonal guards on the corners are a bit suspect

tfw apartment fag
tfw my few tools are kept in a small plastic toolbox and a bag or just left around
tfw no garage for car stuff

yeah i wouldn't buy the newer ones just by looks alone.

mac was actually my first choice, but the vendor just started up here a year ago and I wasn't sure if he'd stick around. this region goes through a few tool guys. low income, bad credit area.

ironically enough the snap on guy just quit/got fired/retired. he was an actual snap on vendor, not a franchise fag like most of them. really surprising.

>harbor freight us general tool cart

harbor freight has some gems, and this is one of them.

things a beast. starting to wear down a bit. had to replace a drawer slide recently

>go to harbor freight site
>they don't sell parts for the cart
>fuck
>measure drawer slide
>16 inches
>go to home depot
>buy random 16 inch drawer slide
>drill out old one cause its riveted
>drill new holes
>rivet in drawer slide

shits gr8. plus my bottom drawer now has dampers and automatically closes.

tfw I have the same box in the same color, yours is cleaner tho

I just bought this bad boy two weeks ago. My US General cart was doing well for awhile, but my cheap top box and cart just weren't doing it anymore.

This box is fucking amazing. I love it. It was either Snap-On or Mac, they battled for it. But Mac won me over.

Also I had to replace the slides in my US General cart as well, dumbass coworker used my drawer as a support to stand up.
I just used that as an opportunity to put actual ball bearing slides in it. Works beautifully now.

Cambodian Tire midget tool drawers and a poorly make workbench using a door as a table top

Most of it is on the walls, while shelves keep the bigger tools & tool sets like impact sockets, big drill bit box and so on

Some cheap red toolbox from lowes that cost me $199

That looks like it's going to fall apart what the fuck

It's fine, everything is fine

I find these pictures very relaxing.

i've debated on upgrading to one of those. i'm just not sure about the slide out trays. seems kinda gimmicky.

The slide out trays on the top are weird at first but they have some decent storage in them. You can lock the drawers independently of the sliding top if you want.
Plus, underneath the slides there are little cubbies. You can hang screwdrivers or other long handled tools in them, but i use it for my keys and such.

Why are they relaxing? Haha

Mine are just kinda spread out around the various projects I'm working on. My sheds full, the carport has tools scattered around, the office is nothing but tools (electronics tools though for the most part), and the kitchen cabinets are full of tools.

Need to organize.

Cambodian tire 55" stainless bottom and snap on top box from the 70s. Fuck financing a toolbox

Maximum is actually pretty good shit

Do you guys leave air in your compressors or empty them out after every use?

Agree. I was actually quite impressed for the price

I don't know user.
I'm concerned about my mental state now.

Most of Veeky Forums don't store tools because they don't actually own anything to wrench on. They're all bus riders, and it's evident with how barely anyone posted their garages here

Where's your box bud?

Right here
I'm trying to bring this thread back to life pls no bully

Bump

Are Harbor Freight cranes fine? I heard their torque wrenches are fine too, is it true?

Leave it in

Cheap compressor, cheap tools and I don't use it daily

In my trucks toolbox or on the wall of my shop, I dont like drawers for tools.

Woodworkerfag here, I litterally threw up in my mouth. Please for the love of god just google how to make a workbench, then get a vice and ditch the fucking pegboard.

Snap-On 54" cab with top box.

So much wasted workshop, get into woodworking my friend.

I'll add that ideally you should drain the water in the tank every so often. Replace the drain valve with something like a 90 degree elbow and a quarter turn ball valve, just quickly open and close it while it's under some pressure to empty out the water in the tank
A ball valve at the compressor outlet before any hoses would be something to consider too

Imagine running your compressor every time you wanted to pump up air in you tires or blow some dust out of your garage

I'm going to replace it with an Ikea table ;^)

That I do from time to time, especially during winter

I bet you know a lot about working hard wood you faggot

dead niggers

What do your store your dead niggers in?

Which one is gud? The 5 drawer or the 4?

both are gud.

5 drawer is very bulky. 4 drawer is more nimble + 4 rotating casters instead of 2 stationary + 2 rotating on the 5 drawer.

Truck tools. Screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches and small stuff are in the ammo box

I've also added a few more things since I took this, like bolt cutters and a hammer

Who here /UsGeneral/?

That's pretty good for a Porsche owner. Most Porsche owners tool collections are comprised of a Walmart black and decker 50pc tool set.

>porsche

>Black and Keker
>not Walmart's own Fix It! Brand

Some 90's Craftsman shit cabinet with a little 3 drawer chintzy Ford Racing thing a customer had in the back of his truck that he didn't want, in place of the missing top box. Both were free. I'll spend hundreds on tools, but couldn't give a fuck less about the box as long as it's stable and fits my stuff.

Hey dont shit on black and decker, they made a damn fine corded drill back in the day.

>back in the day
Stanley is acceptable

what the fuck is wrong with pegboard you prick

Pretty comfy setup imo

Top ten wildest setups of all time kek

Its inferior to custon made tool holders screwed i to plywood backing. But hey id still prefer pegboard over fucking french cleates.

Peg boards are fine for regular joe's

Theyre fine for lazy people sure. But it dont take much brains to trace around your tools and whip up something on the bandsaw.

all over my garage, it's a mess

My box at work

I have a Krsc46

I had the us general but the drawer slides just didn't hold up well. I got maybe 8 mo of use out of it.

Got it from home depot, 550, got fathersday sale and openbox discount off on it.

I've got one of those for my scan tool stuff and tools that stay in cases. They're great boxes. You can see it in the background lol. Before I got my hutch.

And my home boxes, way back in the corner.

Piss off I like rearranging my tools

Fair enough, but you can still move shit thats just been screwed into backing. Also be honest how fucking often do you move a toolwall?

I don't move a tool wall, I just move things around in it. I also rearrange my bedroom like twice a year but that's just a problem with me I guess

TOP TEN ANIME GARAGES

bumping for more garages

Ah shit, if only you knew

For all of the finer work I have access to my grandfathers private woodworking shop (which is at the house next to mine) that he has built up for over 60 years now. Bandsaw, table saw, cabinet saw, shop vac, vices in all sizes, painting bench, small lathe and tons of other neat little tools

Oh I get it your box is orange and your trucc is also...nice

Actually a customers truck. But I couldn't pass up taking the pic

Speaking of tools, are these any good?

As a Home Depot employee I'm obligated to say yes.

Your mother's box.

Beta rolling chest and a work bench build that's still underway.

What mud flaps you got on that there truck? Also where did you buy the ram stripes?

This is at home. Don't have a picture of my work toolbox. It's a matco 4s three bay.

And my setup at home. Yeah it's fuckin messy. Hoping to upgrade to a bigger shop in the next few years

A Mac Tech 1000 I scored full of aircraft sheet metal tools for 1300 bucks from my contractorbro.
Various other tool boxes including two old Listas.
Various Kennedy boxes (machinist tools)
Various ammo boxes (welding rods etc, love gasketed storage!)
Couple of plastic industrial carts (including a Snap-on for 15 bucks from a yard sale). You want good plastic carts, not sheet metal crap.

Most of the above live in my (two High Cubes joined) shipping container shop with my lathe and mill so boxes live in boxes.

It's difficult to score Lista boxes used but they are by far the best. I ran USAF inspection section tool rooms and ordered my choice of equipment. If I hit the lottery I'd have a Lista world. They take a steaming shit on everything else including Vidmar.

>>gets me a deal on a repo same day

THIS user gets it! Repos are great especially because tool truck drivers don't want to sit on them and lose space.

Keep hunting repos.

I've been wondering what would be the best way to build my work bench frame...looks like I'm gonna steal that design, thanks for the inspiration user.

Dont theres better designs out there, and I swear to god if you surface it with particle board or plywood I will come to your house and force pregnancy upon you.

Well I plan on building off the original design and improving where needed. And no, I plan on making a quality product, don't worry.

I like mine so far

Drill fits nicely in my hands, plenty powerful for the average hobby wrencher/woodworkers needs. I really like the leveler on the top

Air inflator/deflator is small and handy, and works well for one its size. Its also glt a handy feature where you just set the desired pressure and it automatically fills up

Circular saw cuts well, and the 45-degree angling mode saves you a lot of effort on the right jobs

Impact is surprisingly good, and my most used tool these days. Three modes, up to 375nm and fairly priced. It has taken abuse very well, and only the biggest, most rusted bolts require a breaker bar before the impact

>tfw the price of Ryobi tools are so appealing for the light work you do but you've already invested in the Makita platform

Makita objectively makes better tools, but it's hard to justify the price for a regular schmuck like me. $40 circular saw vs $140 for something I'd use maybe 4 times a year tops
And stuff like Makita's electric mower is actually total fucking dogshit while Ryobi's mower is actually really nice

Thats kinda what got me aswell - I've used plenty of Makita stuff in my work, and sure; quality is better, more stuff (actual tools) to choose from and generally made for more professional use, but for myself and my projects its kinda overkill. I was debating getting the 1000nm electric impact, but that thing was so fucking expensive and heavy I didn't see the point for me

I'm waiting on a bunch of rough cut hard maple to arrive so I can make a 2" laminate top.

A beat to shit purple matco two bay double decker with orange paint pen over the rust spots.got it from the strap on guy for 3500. May not look like much but it holds a lot of shit.

I just leave them on the floor, why would I put them anywhere?

Are you niggers confusing repossessions with refurbished products?

Bump