Wrecking yards are a place where poor people go to be cheap used parts for their poor person cars and the staff are...

Wrecking yards are a place where poor people go to be cheap used parts for their poor person cars and the staff are usually white trash.

Do you disagree with my opinion on wrecking yards? They are almost like the thrift stores of car parts.

Other urls found in this thread:

home.sprynet.com/~dale02/solvac.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>go to part store, part you need is $50+, spend $50 like the fucking idiot you are
Or
>go to junkyard, part you need is free because youre not a fucking idiot, put it in your pocket and walk out
Now which is a better option?

>junkyard
>free

What kind of commie shithole do you live in?

>the staff are white trash
lol not in like 30 years, they are completely over-run and dominated by the mexicans now.

They charge you 2 dollars just to go in.

Just try getting certain parts for a car that's old and obscure for a reasonable price.

>part is literally not reproduced by any manufacture because GMC and not Chevy, and one-off year around changeovers

Yeah get fucked, it took me 2 years to locate a wiper control module because they're next to impossible to locate.

You're fucking retarded.
Why is everyone on this board so fucking stupid?
I've been to dozens of junkyards thousands, if not tens of thousands of times.
Junkyards are brimming with 10-20 year old Japanese and American shit boxes.
That's about it 90% of the time, because no public junkyard is going to run a bidding war with a specialized salvage operation for your precious enthusiast/rare/obscure cars.

I've saved hundreds of dollars stuffing o2 sensors and other small shit into my pockets going to Picknpull.

I see 30-40 year old yachts all the time. What are you on about?

>tfw picknpull half off weekends

>overpay for new replacement part that doesn't fit right because it's a chink product copied from a copy of a copy of an original part
Or
>go to salvage yard and get genuine part for less, just a bit of time

So you're basically stealing?

What if you are have an older car that body parts are so rare you cant even buy them online or on forums

How does that make what I said invalid?

It's ridiculous that you can go get any part you could dream of for snowflake 80's super cars, but I can't fucking buy a Jeep vacuum solenoid for the carb.
4.2 Carter Carb Solvacs simply do not exist anymore.

home.sprynet.com/~dale02/solvac.htm
Mine doesn't move under vacuum or electrical. And sure the car runs fine with out it, but I fucking want it.

And? I wanted a few microwave transformers to do some dumb high voltage shit, should I go to Walmart and buy some $70 microwaves to tear apart? No fuck that, I went to the thrift shop and spent 20 fucking dollars.
Why would I spend a 1/10th the cost of my car on some brand new aftermarket bullshit made in China that looks like crap anyway when I can spend like $15 at a part yard.

It has nothing to do with being poor, if I could've bought the part elsewhere, I would.

There's also people looking for all original items and body panels that reproductions are shit at.

But do you agree that the majority of people who go there are poor?

>picknpull All You Can Carry for $60

Yeah he is, he's a faggot

>stealing
>from cars people give them for free
as if they dont make enough money on the other parts, they're not gonna miss some shit that fits in the pockets.

Generally if you own a car that old, it's going to need parts that the aftermarket isn't going to be willing to provide. Or the aftermarket quality is so bad that even an old OEM part is more palatable than the aftermarket is.

So, do people who own old cars are they - poor? Probably. So are the people who lease BMWs with debt up to their eyeballs and renting some apartment. I guess it's obvious poverty that offends you, OP? Poverty is shameful and should be modestly covered up?

You're incredibly dumb and should save your shit opinions for your friendless Facebook page, you stupid dickhead

>Wrecking yards
>poor people
>cheap used parts
>poor person cars
So far so good.
>staff are usually white trash
Nope, mexicoids.
>the thrift stores of car parts
That's what they are there for pal.

have you never been there strictly to help destroy the cars? they don't give a fuck if you break windows, doors, etc.

Get a new carb. Those Carter carbs are nothing but trouble.

Instead of buying a new bumper I could just take one off an old junker. Certain things don't get worn with age and I can justify getting used.

>be junkyard owner
>"got a bad day at work? your gf being a dumb hoe? built up stress over a month?"
>"here are safety goggles and a bat, for $10 you can go ham on everything you see... except staff members..."

>remove part
>takes an hour, an unusual fitting, three hands and four stitches
>go to junkyard
>remove part
>twenty seconds with cutters, a hammer, and some elbow grease
>destroy everything it was hooked to or near
>lel audiably because nobody gives a shit

>used bumper
old bumper shocks leak and provide no cushion

Don't really have a problem with that. I'd rather deal with Mexicans then white trash, they usually have some modicum of intelligence.

I go there to pay my respects to fallen shitboxes and screw around. I did buy an old Civic CAI tube once, as well as various decorative pieces like a Volvo 240 Special Edition dash placard, but never to actually buy parts to keep my vehicle running. I don't have a car that old and I'm not that cheap.

One time my buddy and I found an SA22 RX-7 whose hood latch was rusted shut. So we beat on the vent panel behind it to get some metal out of the way and pried the hood open with a crowbar so others could access it. I'm not usually this destructive but I try opening every hood and glovebox because you never know what you'll find. That same trip with my buddy we found a Northstar Eldorado with police tape in the trunk and a locked glovebox. We pried that open too and found a .38 spl cartridge, $12 on a Visa gift card, and 5 different pairs of aviator sunglasses.

At the Pick N Pulls, I've been to in the VA beach area, the brown black, and white people who frequent these places are often on the job, usually working for a local shop getting parts for remanufacturing or cheap replacement parts for low income customers.

If anything you can buy salvaged parts from people who sell parts they find in a junkyard.
>cheapest price of the part I need online was 340 dollars
>guy on eBay has one that he found in a salvage yard
>works perfectly
>only cost me 70 dollars

people who use Veeky Forums saying they go to salvage yards kinda proves they are mostly for poor people you do realise?

sometimes it's the only way to find certain parts

anyone ever use car-part to get stuff? I've been trying to find an LSD, wheels but a lot of them have bad descriptions and no pics. Any time I try to email them it's no reply or a full inbox.

There's nothing wrong with wrecking yards, it benefits everyone in on the transaction. A wrencher who knows what he wants and how to pull/git himself gets a part for a fraction of the price of new, the yard makes more than their money back on the wrecks they buy, and then the car gets properly recycled rather than just rusting on a street corner somewhere in the hood. I don't see the downside.

>somewhere in the hood
imagine how deep the pile of cars would be

Why are you so hung up on what "poor people" do? Is this some kind of desperation to feel superior to random people you don't know? Working on your car rather than paying a shop is arguably a "thing that only poor people do" but you're on car enthusiast forum, of course we work on our cars, it doesn't mean its for a lack of money.

I use junkyards for body parts that are still good, like fenders, doors, hoods, and all that. I don't give a fuck what you say, shit's cash.

Injuns where im at.

OP never said there was a downside.

Just that it's for poor people.

Building a project car and being a poor fag who has to go to the wreckers to fix his constantly broken 90's shit box is a different thing.

>be 90's owner
>do regular maintenance, fix a broken part here and there. Replace some worn out parts occasionally.

>be modern luxurious "owner" (read: leaser)
>car's lucky if it gets it's regular maintenance
>My new car is already crapping out? lol who cares, gonna lease a new one cause im bored.

>>from cars people give them for free
They pay for the cars you retarded faggot.

t. yuralidis del mar y rodriguez

Does not negate what I just said.

>>fix his constantly broken 90's shit box
>>do regular maintenance, fix a broken part here and there. Replace some worn out parts occasionally.

Except it's also a place to find parts for old cars being restored. So it's not just for the poor.

Wait till OP finds out shops fixing cars after a wreck will get body parts for your car from salvage yards before they'll buy new parts.

>poor people go to be cheap used parts for their poor person cars
>go to be cheap used parts
>to be

I am an alternator.

>Walk onto someone else's property.
>Take stuff without paying, or permission to take for free.
Please tell me how this isn't stealing. If you do a good job of explaining it, give us your address. We may want to see your stuff. I'll make sure to bring a really big tool box. While I'm there, I'll break some random glass for kicks.

IT'S NOT YOUR STUFF FAGGOT!

They don't have those. But I heard they have a lot of turbos.

what ever you say thieving faggot.

>getting sensors from a junkyard
Are you retarded? Sensors are the one part you shouldnt be getting from a junkyard.