Going to go to a junkyard to get a sporty seat and make it into a desk chair

so i dont want to pay say 300 to 400 dollars for a race seat style desk chair. are they worth the money or should i go to my local junkyard and get the seat of a say hyundai veloster any suggestions or better ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you have the tools and knowhow to weld a base stand onto a car seat? It's harder than you think.

Ron Arad did it years ago, it's pretty neat. If you can do it, do it.

honestly what my plan is for the moment is take the wheels from my existing desk chair and use wood under the seat to bolt on the wheels.

Sounds like you've never been to the local junkyard.
Interiors in general at a junkyard open to the public are instantly trash.
But it's not like you'll find anything with sporty seats in them anyway.

Can you actually find good shit in junk yards? I kind of want to see if I could find a Jetta nav system because no way am I paying $500+ for some piece of shit when I could just get an aftermarket unit for that price

Seats are one of the first things that get sold at a wrecking yard, after the driveline and wheels. I'd honestly just buy a normal chair that isn't a retarded racing bucket seat. These DXracers or whatever the fuck are uncomfortable pieces of shit anyway,

You can usually tell which ones are good by the instructions. If they've clearly been written by someone who's second language is English, don't buy it.

If you do end up ignoring common sense, I'd look for a WRX seat. Probably the most bang for buck, and they're readily available because wogs swap them in for Bride clone seats. Good luck finding one that hasn't been stained by burger juice, cum and vape smoke.

Don't.

Note, this'll end up costing you anywhere from $50 - $200 for the seat alone. Factor in buying a drill and drillbits if you don't have one. It's just not worth it.

Lmao enjoy dying on impact when some drunk driver side swipes you

he's talking about making an office chair for home use dummy

This is what I did, but with a mini van seat for max comfy. I just used some press board cut into a square to make a bracket that mounted it to the base. Simple and cheap.

looks comfy af.

the poverty in your pictures has triggered me.

Yeah, that was taken in my college dorm so I'm not going to pretend it's nice. Pic related is it's home habitat.

>In b4 someone insults my GM level crome on the keyboard

>Not stealing internet from a local hotel by playing CS:GO on the side of the highway

Trust fund babies

A buddy and myself pulled a whorehouse red leather seat out of a Chrysler New Yorker for this purpose. Comfy af.

I dunno, I've fixed/upgraded a bunch of stuff on my car from several cars in my local junkyard. All the little shit like clips, some trim, new carpet, the intake without the torque box, and some options my car didn't have like seat heaters+switches and an auto dimming mirror.

You just gotta keep an eye out for the cars you want, I prefer LKQ for this since they have pictures of each car and will notify you when a car you want comes in.

Cool setup m8, do you stream?

Be sure to keep the seat belt. You don't want to get pulled over on the information super highway without one.

Kek

Thanks, I don't anymore. Now I'm just a freelance editor for various youtube channels, lol.

How is that keyboard? I just some like it in the past few days.

>Literally the Subaru Boxer of cases
ew

Get your mother to post this in the next thread when it inevitably happens OP.

>i dont want to pay say 300 to 400 dollars for a race seat style desk chair.
Seems like they're mainstream enough to make it into chinese anime studios creating works for the Japanese TV market. The anime shows MMO gamers sitting in racing style chairs to play at internet cafes (picture relevant). Different people have different racing chairs whether they are at home or at work.

King's Avatar (aka Quan Zhi Gao Shou):

At home

its been made popular because all the esports players use them

it's fucking stupid imo, why would you need bolstering when you're anchored to your desk?

>its been made popular because all the esports players use them

They have stylish backs as seen in the attached picture. The picture also shows how chinese anime studio cheaped out by using photographs and processing the photo to substitute "anime colors" into the image to make it compatible to be used as the background details. This anime show is about an esports mmorpg called "china glory" which apparently is the world's best. It allows leveling via PVE but also allows PK (if you die you can drop some of your equipped gear or inventory).

It wouldn't be surprising if all varieties of racing chairs shown in the anime were also on sale in stores. Certainly other companies, including McDonald's, purchased prominent product placement in this anime.

If places selling lots of china-made goods like walmart.com had these racing chairs from chinese suppliers, then you could get it shipped to your local walmart store and avoid shipping fees.

and you don't need the stupid holes in the shoulders because on real racing seats, they are for the harness.

also note how many of these come with a lumbar pad because they're about as ergonomic as sitting in a cup. A real (or even a knockoff) Recaro or Sparco racing seat bolted to a chair hydraulic would be 10 times more comfortable.

b.but I need the holes for my chair for the seatbelts. if i'm playing and take an arrow to the knee, i'll fall out of the chair otherwise.

Bar stock, drill press plus bolts. made a bracket in 30min some years ago.

Have fun finding your balance point and mounting the seat to it properly.