Noob? Start here:

Webms with sound:
Previously on Daily Bike Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

polovniautomobili.com/motori/10385588/yamaha-szr-660
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>typical dbt poster

Hello, /Daily Blog Talk/

I just found out I may have autism and I am finding it hard to cope. Yesterday, on the way to night shift, I stopped next to a school-age girl and her father. She looked to be 16, which is the legal age here, so I reved my bike and nodded to her. She smiled and looked to her dad then back to me so I waved. She smiled again, but did look away. Being the responsible biker I am I popped a wheelie when the robot turn green. I came down to hard and at an angle, I just about lost it but recovered by twisting hard to get back in the air. I know she must have seen me fuck it up, so I sped away at 190kph.

>tl;dr >tfw no gf almost scraped my bike

Tipper user here
The bike is a Yamaha Fz6
Definitely not a beginners bike but I'm taking it slow and steady.

Fuck off you south african

pls just end your misery. just fucking top out that shitty black FZ6 that you have and fucking destroy some wall.

I need to change my chain. What's your experience with D.I.D ?

Fz6 is a great bike once you get some more riding experience.

Dang that's edgy

I am a serial Honda owner.
What is "character?" Whenever anybody references it, it just sounds like their bike is broken....

DID is good quality.

>life is so shit /dbt/ laughs at me
Fucking off, hopefully, one day to the land of freedom is my dream. I would also like to Fuck into a girl(female). But I think I will end up Fucking up right into a tree.

as long as its original D.I.D. is noice.

>She looked to be 16
So she was probably 14, nice.

It's my only riding experience so far.
Like O said though I'm taking it as slow as I can.

>pictured left, 125 rider tries to squeeze out 45mph

>pictured left, yuropoor rider tries to squeeze out 45mph

Post your bike

>butthurt americant detected

Why the fuck do you keep taking off a2bikes.com
It's the better solution to the outdated sticky

HA good one!

Because fuck you shitskin

My camera is still fucked. I don`t have any newer pics.

having an issue with my clutch, its still engaging partially while im trying to adjust it. i was thinking its a stretched cable but even if i use a wrench to move the little pivot arm as far disengaged as possible it still bumps the engine if i roll the bike forward in gear (while its off). is the clutch rip or possibly something else?

does nobody on dbt own a fucking bike

I have three. But I can`t get any new pictures, and I so despise posting the same picture every time.

i had bikes,but now i am nobike because i am not in serbia.
But next month
>polovniautomobili.com/motori/10385588/yamaha-szr-660

AYYYYYYY

No

ayyyyyy whats up

What can /dbt/ tell me about Triumph motorcycles? I'm kinda digging the Street Twin and I'm considering it as an alternative to Honda's CB1100

nothing much mane, im in Rijeka now (Croatia) and next month i will get the bike. I cant fucking wait for it.
How are you? How's the CBR

Nice dude, how long have you been in croatia?

I'm alright, bikes good I'm putting a power commander on it and just got a gopro so expect some webms

you can survive fatal crashes that should have fucking killed you in the first time with triumph bikes

nice, send some webm on FB
2 months now. Its noice but so much Ducatis here. Tons of them.

The fuck is power commander?

hell yeah dude. A power commander lets you adjust fueling/retard ignition for more power

>want sport bike
>doesn't come with heated grips
>insurance is a tad more expensive
>getting a naked makes way more sense

What do

Very nice bikes that are popular amongst hipsters and mechanic shops

damn, so you are making your baiku more modern.

sport bikes do come with heated grips. also its cheap as fuck to put them on after.

also that whale is not a sportsbike

>pretending to be a boiracer
Sportbikecuckslol

Do all bikes smell like gas when you're riding it? Is it normal?

what is a boiracer?

Sup newfriend!

no check anywhere fuel touches for a leak i put up with that for a while until i found a tiny split on one of the tubes

im a newfriend because you cant even define what a boy racer is?

Butthurt much kiddo?

no, you shouldn't be able to smell petrol
find the leak before some drops a cigarette near your baby

I had a question, around how much would a mechanic charge to get a 41 year old kawasaki up and running. Its not in bad shape at all desu. Electical is fine, beside the horn. But im wondering how much an average mechanic would charge to pretty much get her in good running shape? All information is much appreciated, thank you

They probably wouldn't want to work on it at all tbqh

dont forget your highvis jacket my cruiser friend! ATGAT all the way, amirite????

>cruiser
>implying
Boiracers get pissy so easily

Well then how am i suppose to get this thing running without any experience in this feild. Its really important to get it fixed.

depends how trustworthy the mechanic is and specifically what is wrong with the bike. you're looking between several hundred to several thousand dollars you're not going to get much help without giving a little information

you say all the electrics are fine but how can you say that if the bike doesn't run

I throw a battery in, the low and high beams work, as well as blinkers on both ends. I have compression, im not sure about spark desu, i know for a fact that the carbs should be cleaned and what not and the engine as well, which id like someone who knows what theyre doing to do. But other then that im not sure whats wrong with it. Should i get eveything replaced?

Is the ktm r390 good for someone who never rode a bike before? I do ride bycicles

Get a Vrod or fuckoff nigger

yes, its very good. one of the best starter bikes.

dont listen to the american they dont know what corners are

do also you own a bike where you can get more than 10° lean angle?

How long has it been sitting?

If it has been sitting a really long time:
It's unlikely the engine needs opening up, but definitely drain and replace the oil, coolant(if it has water cooling), and replace the filters. dump out anything sitting in the gas tank.

Remove spark plugs and try to get a peek inside, if you see rust it could possibly be seized. In any case though, squirt in a spoonful of fresh oil to each cylinder and MANUALLY crank the engine without the spark plugs to lubricate the rings. let it sit a while before trying to run after doing this. Get new spark plugs.

Carbs would definitely need completely disassembling and cleaning out. Get yourself the workshop manual for the bike and anyone slightly competent could do it with some patience and a methodical approach, be careful not to misplace parts and wear glasses when spraying carb cleaner through all the ports. you will probably need to replace most of the seals and just check that the float isn't punctured.

if it isn't getting spark, just check the leads are still in good shape electrically and not corroded anywhere but beyond that it really depends what your bike is equipped with, a mechanic could troubleshoot the electrics easier

Good recommendations here.
Better than this board usually gets.
If you are lucky, you can find a good old school mechanic, if will do stuff cheap for the sheer love of old bikes. You can generally hang out around your local road race track and listen and learn from the old heads.
Good on you for looking after the old bikes...they are well worth it when you do them up.

Cool memes friend :D

Ive had a little work on it like 4 years ago so not terribly long. I can not thank you enough user, you have my gratitude and defintely my respect. I will definitely be tryin all of this out, these are great tips.

Okay most definitely, ill have to look around my local forsure. And thanks man, its my dads old bike, he handed it down to me when he passed so its important to me. So are bikes in general.

Nice 500R, I just sold mine and bought this.

I'm sorry for your loss

I know not everybody is a fan, but I don't think replacing a 500R with it can be considered a loss.

I'm also sorry you feel that way.
Rip in peace

I've got to know what god machine you're riding then.

very nice

im the guy with the 500r, i also want to get an aprilia because of that godly engine sound

but the rsv4 is more my thing, but the tuono is also sick as fuck

>a

such a pretty motorcycle

is there a cb radio on that thing?

Literally GOAT

Please be true.

How new are you to bikes?

I was after an RSV4 too, but the insurance is insane, whereas it's surprisingly cheap on the Tuono, so I got the Tuono as it's largely the same bike with a slightly more comfortable riding position.

>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

How many dollarydoos that run you for?

£10700 but I p/x'd my 500R against it so about £7800 I think I paid in the end. Super happy with it.

No its more of a sporty tourer and its comfortable.

If somebody actually thinks a 500r is better than a tuono they need to be checked into a mental institution

How is it? Will you let me ride it?

mine stinks of petrol and I've been riding it no problem for a year.

Very good, hilariously fast and sounds amazing.

And no.

Rude.

You should get an SC Projects exhaust and tune so you can shoot flames out of the exhaust.

Actually the SC generally shoots flames before you map the engine because it'll run too rich so the excess fuel burns and makes mad flames, but the problem is there is that the SC, Austin Racing and a few others actually reduce the power of the engine until you remap the fuelling, which requires a ~£400 race ecu. Akrapovic and Arrow exhausts apparently give about 5hp before you play with the ECU, so I'll probably be going with one of those, also Arrow is affordable whereas an Akra slip on runs you back about £1000.

well it won't impede performance, but it might damage your wallet

if you don't know, why post?

>400 ECU
>on an Aprilia
Noqqa get a fatduc

wat

Please kys

A small manual fuel adjuster
It's 20€ and if you have an Aprilia you should've gotten it before yesterday

you're being awfully rude, in addition to being dumb
should have just said nothing

Ah well SC Projects is what Aprilia puts on their motogp bikes

It's fine, I'll just grab the Arrow and get an ECU at some point, the ECU really helps iron out the low speed fuelling anyway, as well as squeezing a little more power out from the exhaust.

battery is dead ;_; luckily I bought from a stealership and it's still under warranty so I can get them to give me a new one for free.

I am tempted, both the S1 and Oval race can look really good on the Tuono so I'll definitely consider it, but they're also a lot more expensive that ones that don't require any ECU dickery.

Why is it dead? How old is it?

>you, nigga this 20 quid plug in fix is dope as shit
>no senpai, i prefer the 400+ dyno costs one
You ain't fast enough to make use of it

>I'm rude because you have zero knowledge of bikes
Uh huh