/eog/ Eve Online General

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No

>Can I play the full game without paying for it?
Yes, Eve is F2P with some restrictions and you can earn enough money ingame to get a subscription.

>I want to play EVE, what should I do?
Get 250,000 free Skillpoints by using any referral link (chaining them with friends works best)
If you have no friends create two accounts and refer yourself, you'll need an alt anyway.
Or use the link in >Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

>>>>>>
Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/cqJUuVT9
>>>>>>

Now:
>Remove Goons

Future: (updates.eveonline.com/)
>New Suns
>PLEX and AUR change:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-changes-on-the-way/
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/plex-rework-follow-up/
>Missile changes:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6894505
>Upwell Refineries:
community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/introducing-upwell-refineries
>T3C Rebalance (Ex. CPU and PG subs merged, among others) ships will have 4 subs with 3 options each
>Vexor, Caldari Medium Industrials and Rupture remodel
>New Blood Raider caps and PvE Event
>CONCORD Ships:
forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=515826
>New Project Discovery
>Outposts become Citadels

Past:
>March 14: "improved" Probe/Dscan, Fighter, HIC and Rorq changes
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, cargo notifications
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes, nobody likes Reyni (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Player-owned_starbases
wiki.eveuniversity.org/POS_Structures
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

gib plex

AM GON.

GRR

very nice EVE ONLINEā„¢ image

Would you like to play a game?

>get bullied out of Horde because you're miner
>ASCEE reject you because your essay isn't long enough
>Dreddit won't let you in because you don't have enough karma
>tfw stuck in BRAVE

I know EVE ships are anything but realistic but naked skin in space is too far
additionally amarri women do not wear revealing clothes

>miner

I am and still looking for feedback. How to make me less gankable?

---
>>I've been down some wormholes in high-sec and seen absolutely no one there at all
>Those are mostly explored with some cloaky campers here and there.

>>Those are mostly explored with some cloaky campers here and there.
>this. for the love of god don't start your wormhole exploration in hisec, especially near any major trade hub. pick a quiet lowsec to venture into and then go for however long you feel like before starting to scan down entrances. any sites in hisec-connected wormholes stand a good chance of being camped by either wormhole residents or other hisec divers who want to take advantage of lazy/inept explorers who didn't get far enough away from jita before jumping in

GUYS
What happened 30 mins after you had posted this was that I was mining rare ores in a high-sec wormhole. I had checked zkillboard and there hadn't been any kills for several days.

After 5 minutes or so mining, I got jumped by a fucking Astero within scramble range that had been cloaked. But I was already aligned, and had my finger on the jump button. The Warp Scramble attempt hit me as I was warping (I think), or maybe it didn't affect me because Venture, so I got away. I don't know if he would have been able to keep me there, though, since I don't know anything about their scrambling capabilities.

f u n

yeah okay can you start posting the male ones now please I don't like this art

I can post a dragon one if you like?

> I don't know if he would have been able to keep me there, though, since I don't know anything about their scrambling capabilities.
I haven't done it myself but, I heard that gas clouds don't let you cloak. so when you huff gas in a WH, stay in the middle and when an astero cunt tries to gank you, it'll decloak him

also ventures have an inhereit +2 warp resistance, so maybe you blocked the astero's scram

well okay first off I'd doubting that's a dragon
where are the legs and body
also, no, it doesn't
are you telling me there's no pride parade gallente ships HUH

>still looking for feedback
I don't know what your skills are, or how you are even scanning wormholes down with such low scan strength.

Fully fitted ventures are not worth more than 3-4 mil, don't skimp out on empty slots.

Upgrade the damage control from compact to T2, it goes from 1.5mil to 0.5mil.

Right. I am still considering a WCS to be practically un-unwarpable...

I looked up the thing about gas clouds and cloaks, and it seems you /can/ cloak there but just not while harvesting.

>I don't know what your skills are, or how you are even scanning wormholes down with such low scan strength.

I don't really know either... but... I just throw like 8 probes out there, and move them towards the red spots and press "Scan" repeatedly.

Thanks

>boosters and drugs are now legal
Heresy.

do you need the specified ISK in your wallet to set a bounty? can you withdraw bounties whenever?

Everyone just uses the pleb drifter boosters now because they're bad at probability

Yes, you pay the full amount when you set the bounty. No, you cannot withdraw it, BUT it will be returned to you after a few months automatically if the target isn't killed at all (by players) in that time.

Still right now part of best coalition

>BUT it will be returned to you after a few months automatically if the target isn't killed at all (by players) in that time.

>2012?
>put 100k bounty on some fag called Daniel Audanie
>somehow he keeps racking up higher and higher bounty while losing shitloads of ships
>2017
>he still has 6b bounty on him
>still get kill notifications when he dies 5 years later

>have to write a resume and cover letter and give up your HDD and mac address info to join a corp
>then you have to pay 90% tax and make someone else rich
>forced to mine 40 hours a week

Can't I just some meme corp where everyone just hangs out like wtf

Working as intended. You played yourself.

>No, you cannot withdraw it

You should have told me that before I did, multiple times over

there's nothing impressive about implants and overheating

it's not even cap stable

>it's not even cap stable

>the only things on that ship that use cap are warp scram and MWD
>isn't cap stable

Minnie ships, everyone.

>3 hardeners

Lot of good those will do in two minutes.

congrats you took a garbage ship and made it even worse

oneiros

how to know what systems are "quiet" or not? zkillboard, I guess. any other sites?

I want to drift alone in space

dotlan

i want Alice to go to heaven when she dies

>not navitas

cheers

use in-game stats with the map open
jumps in the last hour
player kills in the last hour/24 hours
pirate kills in the last...etc

>Right. I am still considering a WCS to be practically un-unwarpable...
To be able to warp you need at least 0 "points" of warp core stability. Ventures have a base +2 while warp disrupters gives -1 and warp scramblers give -2 while also turning off any microwarp drives in use by the scrambled ship. In order for someone to make your Venture unable to warp they would have to inflict -3 points of warp scrambling onto you, so either a warp scrambler and a warp disrupter, 2 warp scramblers, or 3 warp disrupters. While some people fit both a warp scrambler and a warp disrupter specifically to gank Ventures and warp core stabilized ships it is uncommon as it requires you to sacrifice an extra mid slot.

>tfw docked in station modifying orders to under cut buy and sell by .01 every 5 minutes while watching anime

goty

Do you guys tip your null corp's JF pilot?

I know the name of a WH. It's listed on Ellatha, but when I search it on zkillboard I only find a corp listed. Does that mean that there are no kills in it, or... do I have the wrong number?

Externally: K162, and then X-000 (from inside the WH). Isn't it the X-000 number that I'm supposed to use?

Oh, nvm, I got it now. That's a classification, too

unless he's getting compensated by the corp, i would definitely do so

I cloaky camp faggots every day and theres jack shit you can do about it

Good thing I don't rat or mine for isk.

thats ok I'm sure one of the many retards in your corp/alliance do

>cloaky faggot camps my ratting spot
>move 2 systems away from it
>keep ratting
That was hard.

How fast do you kill a VNI?

depends on how fast I can bridge all these fucking recons, stratios and bombers

>needing help to kill a vni

I do it for my friends in corp.

It doesn't even matter if the VNI is 100mn AB fit, my hunter just has to be there long enough to point, bridge and the other fuckers rush in and get more tackle

Then we sometimes hold the VNI for a bit to see if any of his retarded friends will come to save him then we either kill him and bail or haze the other shitters

Collect salt in local then fuck off to look for another target

I'm not really AFK you faggots

the j-signatures are the ones which are unique. when you look at the hole itself it shows a classification, like you said. exit holes are (99.99% of the time) K-162's. entrance holes will be of basically any other type. in addition, if you look at the hole itself visually, you can get good at identifying exactly what class hole it leads to. all holes to a certain class have centers that look exactly the same, excluding shattered holes. holes to drifter systems and thera also (i believe, i have never actually seen one of either myself) have a distinct look and classification.

you seem mad

I hope you feel better soon

my main is a miner. considering setting up a scanning/recon ship to scout locations (possibly w-space) for my miner, and also possibly use it to loot or salvage shit. probably not relics because I don't like hacking. which one is more profitable?

should I do it on the same acc or a different one? I don't have omega yet, but maybe soon.

I'll just afk dock, nothing you can do

>I do it for my friends in corp.

wiki.eveuniversity.org/Player-owned_starbases
wiki.eveuniversity.org/POS_Structures

these articles are a bit confusing to me

what I'm wondering is: how fast can I build some basic place where I can dock (possibly store some ore) and/or have lots of guns that can protect me and friends - in both k/w-space? how much does the most basic platforms cost?

do I manufacture them myself from blueprints?

whats that website that gives your the prices of everything being sold in the entire game in real time

wew this is why my first 3 mins are spent in a shuttle scouting the anoms before ratting

player owned starbases are sovnull bullshit. POSes are being phased out. you're looking for an astrahus, they start around 800m before fittings iirc.

>Once deployed a Citadel will take a full 24 hours to anchor.

>After the 24 hour anchor period, there will be a 15 minute window of vulnerability where the player will need to defend the Structure. If the structure will not be attacked during this 15 minute timer, it will gain 100% Armor/Shield/Hull when the timer ends. If it will be attacked while vulnerable, the structure will enter into Repairing state and the standard vulnerability mechanic will follow.

how difficult is it to live solo in a wormhole?

>being in a wormhole without ur gf

kinetic locked

>tfw an NPC mining op cucks your belt

huh. what about mobile depots? seems like a really comfy thing to have, especially if combined with a gsc somewhere maybe.

mobile depots are mini-structures you can anchor to refit. they have no docking or defensive capabilities, whereas citadels can fit ewar, bombs, missiles, and field flights of drones. if you're thinking of living somewhere you want an astrahus

>em/thermal lock

>kin/therm lock

Anyone have any ideas of Alliances that are recruiting? My Corp finally wants to join one.

I could use some advice about this from any CEOs here too though, I doubt there are many.

When the fuck do these things warp away?
There's one hogging the Drone Horde anom for the past 8 hours

How does cloaking in covert ops ships work? They just aren't detectable for a longer time after warp??

The covert ops cloak allows you to warp while cloaked and has no movement speed debuff. With it you can warp all over a system without being detectable. The only time you have to be decloaked while using one is going through a gate.

Or interacting with anything.

I see, so are you really vulnerable if you get right up to the gate before using it? Or is it just "people know you're there"

Also can you be attacked while cloaked on the other side if people are 100% sure you were.

The only time where you're actually semi vulnerable is after taking a gate.

or a wormhole. and unless you are nullified, you are actually fairly vulnerable to people who know what they're doing and are equipped to decloak you while you try to burn out of a bubble. a frig is generally fine, but when you're slowboating a covops cruiser out of a bubble it can get a little dicey.

>I see, so are you really vulnerable if you get right up to the gate before using it?
You can take gates from 2,500m away and you can still be cloaked as long as you're not within 2,000m of another object, so if you're slowboating to a gate you're pretty safe, just get between 2-2.5km away, decloak, and immediately hit jump. If the gate isn't bubbled and you're warping to it to jump you're invincible to anything but smartbombs, just make sure you drop cloak before you land out of warp as if you land while cloaked it won't jump right away, you'll approach the gate for a few seconds while it drops cloak before jumping.

After you take the gate you'll be gate cloaked and invincible for 60 seconds like any other time, and you can use your cov ops cloak as soon as you drop gate cloak, so you can typically select something, hit align, immediately hit your cloak, then hit warp when you're at 75% speed and you'll only be visible for one tick. The only way for someone to get you in that circumstance is with smartbombs or if they are able to burn to within 2km of you, decloaking you, and point your before you warp.

Now that I'm in nullsec, is exploration decent for money making?

Yes. Especially in Catch/Stain/Providence/Esoteria/Paragon Soul

>good luck finding sites in Provi/Stain, and good luck not getting killed by TEST/TEST pets in Catch/Esoteria/Paragon Soul

Target Painter II

>"guys i got blops'd and lost my rattler"
>what happened?
>"when i saw the neut in local I had a panic attack and didnt know what to click or what to warp to"

??

>Want to do more PVPing
>End up spending most of my time ratting to grind for skill injectors to skill into PVP ships

How will I break this cycle?

>no player owned star gates you can lock
>no way to close all wormholes
>can't prevent anyone from anchoring a citadel or pos unless you stumble upon it
What's the point of sov when you can get hotdropped by some wh corps super alts even tho you're in deep null?

Yeah why cant you just sit in your carriers afk for 24 hours a day and make ISK. Makes you wonder. Nullbears are amusing.

>log on your krab hole alts for a few hours and make billions
>multiply your Isk with risk free trade and industry income
>have some autist roll your holes for free teleport to your region of choice
>watch anime until he points something
>log on your super or blops alt
>make even more Isk from loot
>go back to krabbing or blob some drake with 50 t3cs
>why are nullbabbies so risk averse?

someone give me the quick rundown on making money with industry

Get BPs, make things, sell things for profit. If you mine it then its free, never forget that.

a lot of blue prints seem like the materials cost more than what you produce so even if you mine it would be better to just sell that directly. Anything I see with good profit has market movement of like one item per day or something.

is the economy ded?

whats a good bp to milk right now for a poor bro :(

download eve isk per hour, find a market (BRAVE, Horde etc), find an ore supplier, click buttons

>whats a good bp to milk right now for a poor bro
If you have to ask, you cant do it.

How much XP in what fields? How mans are you If null and good experience in pvp: CO2, Medium FCON, medium/low TEST, total garbage: BRAVE

post it and let me find it ;)

Sure, make a public contract containing 5 plex at 1 isk and I'll tell you.

>whats a good bp to milk right now for a poor bro :(
Fighters

If FCON has higher corp standards than TEST why are they so bad?