tools.aggydaggy.com/tools.html
obsproject.com/
github.com/Cephel/Veeky
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter/tree/master/
google.com/search?q=how do I make a webm for Veeky
youtu.be/iMcits9JMT8
clyp.it/1a2ueedp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for there's literally nothing wrong with CRT shaders.

>Can't find the links for this
If only there were
tools.aggydaggy.com/
a website in the OP
That had a section completely dedicated to webm creation
tools.aggydaggy.com/tools.html

Second for how the hell do you make moving platforms work?

Guys how do I make a webm to post progress? I can't post progress without webm.

Shift the player by the platform's speed, don't rely on the collisions not fucking up.

obsproject.com/
github.com/Cephel/Veeky Forums-webm-maker

What video game do you want to make but for which technology isn't good enough yet?

Do you think any advancements will usher in new genres/experiences rather than just improving how they look?

"How do I make a webm like the cool kids? There's no section for it in the OP, even though theres incredibly niche things like models for specific engines. Maybe if I go through line by line... oh, here's something labeled tools, maybe it.. no, theres nothing about tools on the page, maybe if I explore... oh okay, its on a different page.

No one is going go through all that, just admit that if something as particular as Construct 2 deserves its own line in the OP, so does a how-to for making webms

The OP was too long, couldn't scroll down, stopped reading thread, stopped making game. You could've prevented this.

Who here is bad at their own Game. Also, you guys all have a PS4 controller right?

A webm tool killed my hamster, please never put it in the OP or else I will have to quit game development.

Unity games on Linux

Xbox 360

>github.com/Cephel/Veeky Forums-webm-maker
jigga what

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter/tree/master/
or webmcapture also seems good

God it's so terrible. If only there were some method
google.com/search?q=how do I make a webm for Veeky Forums
with which I could search the internet to find information I need.
Guess there's just no way. I'll just have to never post progress because I don't know how to make webms.

>(8)

so should I use blender to make a house I can walk into or is using the unity cubes retarded?

yeah, you should use blender, especially since there's an add on for making buildings quick

Two days and a lot of frustration with window/GUI scaling I have re-implemented dialog.

Also moving platforms are a thing.

Please refrain from using unity primitives to build your entire game. My list of reasons to kill myself is long enough already.

Anons, give me reasons not to make my character 2 cm tall in unreal to do as if it was using meters as the base unity like a proper engine.

Risk of Rain is so much better than shitty Undertale

>not to make my character 2 cm tall in unreal to do as if it was using meters as the base unity like a proper engine
I might be stupid but I cant understand what you are trying to say.

if you do then all your character's will feel bad about having dicks measurable in millimeters

>Please refrain from using unity primitives to build your entire game.
thomas was alone did that

Numbers are completely arbitrary, it literally doesn't matter what size you make them.

Well basically the base unit in unreal is the cm, so everything is measured with those. As a result, all measurements are huge numbers, since a mere kilometer is 100000 units.

As for why it annoys me, mostly autism, and also because I have no idea why they'd do that.

If you're going to have verticality like that, shadows are an absolute must for judging distance.

steam controller

by that logic the whole Engines section is also unnecessary

Aren't ints better than floats?
This way you can describe more things using int32

my autism would bother me if all my characters were 1.7 units tall instead of 170 units tall

you have the right to remain a nodev, any progress you post can and will be used against you in this shithole

Why are all your characters manlets?

Sadly I'm aware of that, I've had a few issues with the methods I've tried so far, so lighting is just disabled.

I'm debating just drawing a black circle sprite as a shadow under him and other characters, but fucking transparency is being a cunt.

Until it's genuinely needed it's one of the lower things on my list.

Oh you might be onto something here. IIRC the world origin uses a vector of int32, so you can move that without jittering with cm as base units.

>tfw my characters are manlets with micropenises.

t. 150 unit manlet

hey, 5 foot 7 is well above average height for medieval times

Stop projecting I'm only 120cm

it's not the vertex count of one's genitals that matters, but the length of it's morph target

is that in english feet or french feet

>people gave him shit for this
>despite the fact it's obviously early footage
>closed his twitter
What the actual FUCK
youtu.be/iMcits9JMT8

Scottish, they measure to the toenail, and if you've ever seen a Scott's toenails...

why was he getting shit?

that strafing looks like shit

Lots of negative comments because the franchise was 2D metroidvanias and some autists got pissed cause it was 3D.
Rdein always looked pretty depressive so he obviously took this harder than he should have, he even posted on steam saying he might ditch it and do something else.

The combat and movement is slow as balls but that can obviously be fixed.

The mistake was making it into a 'trailer', the editing and music gives the impression it is further along than it is (especially to the uninformed masses who think Battlefield 'pre-alphas' are real)

What it should have been is editor footage, debug windows everywhere.

>mfw reading the pic.
Fuck sake. Nodevs are the scum of humanity.

>all have a PS4 controller right?
Haha

I guess that's what happens when you develop a huge fanbase. You can't just venture off and do what you want with the series without pissing some autist off.

I think he had a great start, especially considering it was obviously his first 3D game. All he had to do was fix up the player movement a bit. The graphics/effects were good.

how do you deal with being lonely

That's too bad, although the gameplay shown doesn't look very good and also doesn't attempt to try anything we haven't seen many times over, so I can understand. It looks like a bad attempt at Zelda with nice art direction.

>I'd appreciate if no further discussion was held
What a faggot. Is this whiteknight bait? "noo don't listen to the haters, your game is amazing look im retweeting it! everybody show this project some inspirational love!"

By not caring or getting a pet

open up dating site profiles, send out messages, get ignored, and the lonliness turns to bitterness which can be directed outwards, rather than lonliness stifling you from the inside

trailer soon

Who the fuck is that Sen guy even?

your project is the only friend you need.

speaking from experience, this is pretty good advice

what Oblivion mod is that?

why would a guy bother lighting torches in a killer dungeon

>people say a bunch of nice things about your art
>it's actually shit and they have bad taste

who /depressive/ ere?

That pendular movement doesn't look right. Surely there must be some established math for that?

who /construct2/ here?

I tried that, now i'm both lonely and bitter.

iktf

>being modest

>having bad taste

i'm not though, if i posted my art on /ic/ i'd get torn a new ass

Why does the OP always try to immortalize his wow-it's-nothing "witty" comments like this? It's fucking pathetic.

There's not enough progress in this thread.

Lots of polishing up for the demo and nothing exciting to show, but here's some of the stage 1 theme: clyp.it/1a2ueedp

>Please refrain from using unity primitives to build your entire game.
You can't stop me.

so
If I post my progress here I'd get 2-3 replies, yet posting it on tumblr gives me +600 notes and some followers

it's all relative

Always wondered how those shooter progressively spawns enemies.

Hey look progress

I probably shouldn't spend all this time doing half ass-polish

>implying /ic/ has taste
>implying /ic/ even likes anything

Really? I got four replies on my last post here, does that mean I can become a tumblr superstar?

you're too late, it's a closed circle now

>+600 notes for gamedev

what's your game user

Depends.
If you included progress that was asking a question, no that doesn't count.

If they were shitposts, no.

if they were telling you your progress was good, then yes.

colorful gradients

It was the first AGDG picture I found in my chaotic image folder with 20,000 images

>What did he mean by this.
Is it that if you're one of their furry friends you won't make it?

brb making a tumbler.

It's one big timeline. None of the objects in the level are placed in an editor or anything,they're all spawned just off screen right as they are needed.

Your not actually moving though a level either, it's just that everything else is to give the illusion of it.

AGDG sucks for lots of things, but we have a lot of really talented sprite guys. tf when I only make 2D games.

But how do you decide when it's time to spawn each spaceship? Do you spawn group 2 when group 1 are killed? Or by time?

Why would a bunch of giants bother rolling boulders through a fortress full of snakemen?
Shit man, I'm just a regular guy, I dont know!

I'm thinking doing it all by time would be effective and the simplest.

Frame by frame. There's extra events for if certain things are killed quickly, you can spawn as many enemies as you want in one frame,and if you do it right you can specify the exact movements every enemy does. If you let the level autoplay the same enemies will always come out at the same time and do (more or less) the same thing.

The first level, for example, is made up of ~12000 frames (not counting when the timer stops for boss fights), and every event like this is placed by hand.

jesus

Some crappy combat.
These guys didn't downscale as well as Id liked.

>is made up of ~12000 frames (not counting when the timer stops for boss fights), and every event like this is placed by hand

Remember anons, good shmups are easy to make just like everyone keeps telling you! Go get'em!

no really shmups are easy on the most basic level but making a good one like shmoopdev is doing actually takes hard work, lots of balancing and a love of the craft. Don't let that stop you from trying but be ready to work for anything above mediocre

Yea but, there has to be more efficient ways
The quality/quantity argument kinda falls apart when you can have both

No, this is a fundamental tradeoff that everybody has to make. For example, all fast programs are written in assembly.

>making a good one like shmoopdev is doing actually takes hard work, lots of balancing and a love of the craft

Yeah basically. Levels are the hardest part of it for me, since it's 5 or so types of enemies used in dozens of different ways for a set period of time reacting off of eachother, as opposed to a boss witch is just 1v1.

Quality over quantity. Always. I'd rather have an great short game than a middling long one. The genre also compliments shortish games, since full game score runs are the thing most people do at high levels.

it took me some time to nail the timing of the lasers

so in gamemaker, how would you get the object id of something that another object created? Like object x creates object y, could object x get the object ID of y, and if so, how?

Efficiency does not reduce carefully planning out where and what to spawn, how soon and other such things. Can't get away with just throwing random stuff on the screen and hoping for the best (or in the case of bullet hells) throwing as many bullets as you can with no rhyme or reason behind it. Spawns of enemies and the effect they will have on the overall flow of the field or curtains of bullets and how they actually force the player to react (and consequently what you place in the areas they have to dodge into) are all part of a pretty harsh design dance. If you actually like shmups though you should be determined to at least give it a go

You better finish that fit and fill the hole inside me where Gradius 6 belongs.