What happened to hubcaps?

Used to be on every car up until around 2006. Now all cars have disgusting nigger rims. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

firehouse.com/article/11300616/firefighter-training-extinguishing-magnesium-fires
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lower production costs for decent quality alloy wheels.

Sorry you were born too late to enjoy your shit taste.

stockies are the best mate, get fucked.

go rob the bin at your local tyre shop for some steelies and skid tyres, whack on some chrome hubcaps from your local auto store and do some single peggers. list your pile of shit alloy nigger rims on scumtree/ fleabay. profit.

People finally realized that steelies look better, even than 90% of alloy's.

its true. Some silly cunt needs to start up an automobile business and make absolutely top cars and give them all steelies to fuck faggots off and encourage fellow automakers to switch over to the best wheels around.

Yes

Am I the only one that hates hubcaps? I honestly think it screams that your car is so cheap that even the factory didn't want to waste money on real rims

this is the most bogan post ive ever read on Veeky Forums

>tfw even your spare wheel looks rice
>it actually is more rice than your actual wheels

No, to me, it makes the wheels look solid, with ricer rims on every car, it looks like the wheel might bend on a bump

That looks disgusting tho

No it looks solid

Depends on the hubcaps. Stock ones can look ok, but most dollar hubcaps from autoparts stores are complete shit.

>Am I the only one that hates hubcaps?

No they were shit to cover shit.

I like steelies, but...

>puting generic positive offset steelies on a modern car that was meant to have negative offset wheels

I dont even care about muh shitment, but this shit is just as retarded.

Stock wheels for refernce.

Meant to quote

My problem with these rims is that they look fragile, an something like this is on every new car. That's why I have always preferred hubcaps. I have never understood the appeal of wheels like in your pic.

Wasn't this made for people who wanted to replace the wheels and bumpers

Good alloys are as strong as steel wheels.
And steel wheels look LIKE SHIT. Hubcaps ARE SHIT. Attaching flimsy pieces of plastic to cover up shitty black steelies isn't my idea of a good time.

Yeah and the interiors were almost completely stripped too. No radio or any other creature comforts.

This is one thing I don't miss about 90's and early 00's styling, hubcaps were and are ugly as hell.

No, if I had a car with steelies I wouldn't run hubcaps. They add unsprung weight and trap moisture/salt etc. rusting the steel wheels faster. No benefit at all.

>alloy
>steel

pig disgusting, magnesium only

>magnesium
Have fun when you crash, it catches fire, and it literally will not stop burning until there's nothing left to burn no matter what you do.
firehouse.com/article/11300616/firefighter-training-extinguishing-magnesium-fires

They could atleast make them look more tasteful, I have never seen an alloy wheel that I would consider taste full. Hubcaps had problems, but I would rather have that than river or nigger alloy wheels.
>also not all hubcaps are made of plastic, you know that right?

Ricer* sorry auto correct

Modern cars have nigger rims because everything smaller than 18 inches look small on all that pigfat.

>everything smaller than 18 inches look small
no
>mfw my car came with 14"
>mfw 2017 model still comes ith 14"

Looks like shit, like someone swapped in the wheels from an old cop car

What sub-compact are you driving that still has decent proportions?

We have bogans around here too. We just call them rednecks.

Why are there so many bogans on Veeky Forums?

1970's hubcaps looked okay.

wrong.

>What happened to hubcaps?
Hubcaps are not used on alloy rims. That is why you don't see them around except for mid 1990 and older cars.

So, your real question should be: why were steel rims (with hubcaps) replaced by alloy rims?

>OP posts my hubcaps
a-am I cool?

>he doesn’t drive a clean as fuck Dacia with steelies

hubcaps ARE disgusting nigger shit though
they're dress up parts for poor people that have to get generic steel wheels on their car

Those Dacia center caps are pretty nice

>race autozam

I really fucking want that shit.