Do people actually get challenged for street races as much as Veeky Forums and car forums make it sound like...

Do people actually get challenged for street races as much as Veeky Forums and car forums make it sound like? Only time it's happened to me has either been a joke or accidental. I drive an '04 Mustang GT with all the factory rice scoops.

One time a base Camry full of teengers starts revving at a stoplight. I shake my head and smile and they burst out laughing and waving.

Sometimes will hurry off a light to switch lanes or something and a jackass in a blacked out BMW or Infinity will peel out and go flying by me. This happens a lot and I get the feeling these guys went home and posted on their favorite forum how they just destroyed a Mustang on the street. Meanwhile I never noticed these guys and I'm trying to beat traffic to work.

All the time, since I drive a wrx sti.

It's mostly amg Mercedes and falcons who try to race me.

All the time, since I drive a mazda miata.

It's mostly BMW E30s and Challengers who try to race me.

I drive a V6 '00 Mustang and was asked to race by some drink bitch in a truck Monday.

It was very common at certain spots at night until 2009 or so when people started being giant pussies.

>Meanwhile I never noticed these guys
Apparently you noticed enough to post about it on Veeky Forums
>I get the feeling these guys went home and posted on their favorite forum how they just destroyed a Mustang on the street
The irony

Not many people try to race my GTO. Ive been challenged like 3 times in the 7 years ive had it.
Nobodies tried to race my 335 in the year ive had it.
Every 350z, civic, infinty, etc tried to race my is300 when i had it.
Quite a few people would race my town car on the freeways when i was just rushing to get somewhere.
Like 2 people tried to race my c240 when i had it.
My high school civic was always fast and furious with the other people who had cars.

No one's trying to race that pos

When I let my revs get high I start noticing newer challengers/camaros tailgating me and speeding around all of a sudden

It's pretty common. Mostly when I'm driving at night though. Civics, infinitis, bimmers, and lifted trucks all do ricer flybys on me. I'm just tryna cruise and get home but these fags have some superiority complex.

Also forgot my camry. I would actually race other camrys all the time.

non stop. I drive a turbo prelude and EVERYONE wants to race. stock mustangs and other imports think its easy lunch when they dont know its boosted. high HP cars are all over it once they hear the BOV.

the problem is you are one of 100000000 people who drive that car and you cant assume everyone in a mustang wants to race. i never bother with them. half because theyre slow, half because its probably a soccer mom or regular dude driving it that has no interest in that.

I mean when you go to meetups to street race ya.

>there are people on Veeky Forums who have never been to the drag strip or street racing
Sad!

>Apparently you noticed enough to post about it on Veeky Forums

I mean I never noticed these guys were sitting next to me at the light until they floored it going by me.

Thanks for tipping us your e-fedora.

>filling up my Cavalier with racer decals on the side
>see a guy in a Mazda 3 filling up at the pump across
>hear him finish and turn over just as I start the gas flowing
>VRRRrumblerumblerumble
>Turns and revs right past me to go out of a different exit
>Redlines and BOV noises all the way down the road
Might be fun to race him but he was very likely faster as mine is stock.

The only person I've stoplight raced was a coworker in my dad's car when I was still in highscool.

I'm just taking the piss mate, I'm in no position to talk considering my car barely even works. Also it's technically a trilby, not a fedora, please don't misgender my hat.

Funnily enough ever since I debadged my E39 M5 it never really happens any more as it looks like yet another old 5 series. Much better that way. Before that, only really if you are out at night and mostly hot hatches. I would occasionally give them a rev back but I never raced them even when they shot off as the light turned green.

>give them a rev back
>don't race
You got smoked

Ok

The only person I race is myself.

It happens to me pretty frequently. I don't even drive that fast of a car, but people always try to drag against me, which is where my car happens to fall flat. If I'm lucky, it happens near some sharp turns or a roundabout.

The last few cars that tried to race me
>3500 HD w/cummins
Weaved through traffic he was having trouble getting around, but then had my ass handed to me after a red light.
>rumble bee charger
he pussed out and let me get ahead, my radar detector went off for one of those asshole radar speed signs, he might have thought there was a cop
>dart srt-4
Lost him on a roundabout
>bandmate in his 2.6 Jetta
Pretty evenly matched, sometimes he wins, sometimes I win
>friendo in his N/A velocter
Just stayed in boost but not WOT to let him keep up, he conceded
>any automatic charger on the freeway
I guess you'll just stay in overdrive so you can sluggishly accelerate and stare at me angrily while I zip by in 4th
>any hemi or other gas V8 pushing a pickup
Lmaoing at ur life

>tfw no taugay to watch chargers topple off of

It happens with stupid people, most muscle cars don't want to race at all

I've had the worst from Evo, STI and Prelude guys than any other cars out there

Worst one was the EVO, however, the guy was running so much boost he had to be making 650+ to the wheels and I wasn't going to try to race just to get my ass handed to me

I gotta be honest though, that EVO was one of the best ones I've ever seen

I've only had one person ever try to race me. A 2002 grand am with all sorts of aftermarket crap on it. Ignored him because I don't street race.

Don't know if this is relevant but here goes:

The only time I've ever streetraced actually streetraced was against my old man in his 2015 impala
The story:
>me and the old man go to the tire shop to pick up moms Buick Veranno after hours in sleepy small town
> the only reason I ever liked cars was because of my old man as he would tell me all these stories of him and his buddies and how when gas prices were low back in the day he and them would stay up till 3 am racing eachother in his chevelle and his buddy's firebird
Inb4 real life dagumi
>drops me off at the tire shop grab the verano and he tells me to follow him
>I pull up next to him at the red light
>turns green we both take off and race through town at midnight
>I have the lead for a while then my dad turns down an alley
I pull up to a stop sign and see him fly by already on the road I was gonna turn onto
>he beat me the rest of the way back to the house
Gotta say it's one of my best memories with him

>All the time, since I drive a mazda miata.

This. When I'm simply cruising down the highway in my FD, commuter vehicles LOVE to pass me, even if it means going 90 in a 65 zone. I've never had anyone challenge me to a race (except people I knew personally), but drivers of other sports/sporty cars will often wave or give a thumbs up. Makes my day tbqh.

I drive a C5 and I get challenged at least once a night on the highway after work. Every high school kid with a mustang/camaro/challenger/charger/infiniti/civic wants to cruise beside me at 70 nodding their head and revving their fart cannons.

I drive a Mitsubishi Mirage CVT at work. Once, when I was at a stoplight, a Vespa pulled alongside and when the light turned green we both gave it the beans for about 1/16th of a mile.

I lost. Badly. Mirage2slow

Keking myself to tears

Once I raced a small van with my 75 HP Seat Ibiza shitbox. I won because it was a curvy road and I'm reckless when turning at high speed, but the van was faster after curve's exists because turbo.

I drove my friend's FC around so it wouldn't rot while he was out of the country and had the same experience. I also liked to pass old men in Corvettes in my old Miata for keks.

It's true cause they're slow as fuck. They never want to do it up in the mountains for some reason, I had a charger that rode my ass trying to pass on the straights but kept backing off on some baby tier turns for 20 minutes. It was sad.

The only person I race is time.

Drive a FiST with a mild tune.

All the time. Usually brodozers or Honda's. Think god you can hear the BOV a mile away so it scares away most cars, otherwise they might realize how slow I am.

Oh, I also had a Mustang GT show off his exhaust work at a red light to me. He spun off into a guardrail soon after. Another Mustang span out in front of me when were racing through some sharp turns. I felt like such a badass when I barely missed him.

Yes everytime in my 1994 EG with a few sample mods.

>V6 '00 Mustang

kek

Some mustang owners are retarded as fuck. If you floor it from a dig with no aftermarket rear end work you're going to spin, lose control, or both.

The only """""intelligent""""" Mustang drivers I seen around here have been the Fox Body drivers and the EcoBoostâ„¢ ones sadly. It's a weird demographic here.

Why is it most of the videos I see of guys spinning out are in blower Cobras with the good rear suspension?

My co-worker just asked me today if I would race his impreza in my mustang