Driving a Charger?

Have been looking at chargers recently.

> Within 20-22k budget for ~20k miles
> 292 HP , decent power for a DD
> Not cramped in the back, sometimes I have a carseat for kid
> Large trunk, I need to move around gear for work and materials for projects on the house
> not completely emasculated like most practical sedans and crossovers

The only thing that worries me is the stigma from driving one - are they really for blacks/thugs/etc? Will I get fucked with by LEO simply because I'm driving one?

>Not cramped in the back, sometimes I have a carseat for kid
How old is your wife's kid?

> wife's kid

kek. toddler, he's gonna be in a carseat for a few years.

are you a black woman with bad credit?

I am a white guy with a 790 credit score. Why did they have to ruin this car for us?

idk man lol, just get a v8 though even the rt, it sounds way better and you get out from under the stereotype

Are you a nigger or having a mid life crisis?

Buy the car. I never even heard of their reputation of being for niggers until I came to Veeky Forums. I still think they look pretty cool

Get a CTS-V instead.

>400hp
>Manual
>Less than $20k

Negro coworker has one and its been a money pit since day 1. Even had to have the engine replaced and its not even at 80k.

Get the last generation. They look better and are cheaper. I had an 08 RT and it was awesome.

>dated as fuck
>10+ years old
>high mileage

Would rather get a new charger r/t for $30k than spend $20k on a used 10 year old Cadillac

Cadillacs are hideous

>buying a v6 charger
>not married but gf already has a kid
this screams redneck/nigger. rethink your life.

that cadillac is 10x the car the charger will ever be.

> autism

OP here. I don't want/need muh v8 to drive to fucking work every day and pay extra on gas and insurance. If I wanted a nice car, I'd buy a BMW, but I'd rather save money so I can buy a third house in the future. also married for 6 years and father my own little shits.

if you cared about saving money you wouldn't buy a car that'll be worthless in 2 years.

>I want to save money by buying a depreciating asset with a horrible track record of cost of ownership due to reliability issues
$20k can buy you a real vehicle and not the ghetto mobile.

> cars depreciate

No shit. Nobody buys a car as an investment, you spend money on it so you can get to where you need to go. So what's a "real vehicle" around 20k, 270+ hp, 4 doors, lots of room in trunk, and ~3 years old with low miles?

Does he drive like an asshole?

Just buy the fucking charger. You're not going to find a similar RWD vehicle for the price anywhere else unless you buy used.

It's a comfortable car, it's not terribly slow and fairly roomy.

It all comes down to personal preference anyway. Test drive the car against a few competitors and buy the one you like the most try not to let the idea of what you might like distract you from what you actually like.

2012-2013 Impala LTZ, no seriously
>LFX 3.6 DOHC V6 300hp
>Huge interior
>Huge trunk
>great mileage
>reliable
>parts are fucking everywhere for these

So you admit you had nothing to do with the kid's conception?

Get the R/T. It's a really good car and still gets good mileage.
Plus it has the power to be fun getting away from a stoplight if you want to.

I have a 2013.

It's okay, only paid 10k for mine though. Been reliable so far, had to change brakes, front struts and I've recently got an and light which I think is just the speed sensor.

It's very comfortable, even on loing trips. Coming from a Mercedes E350 is say it's quite a bit more comfortable, and there's a lot more room. I also love how large it is. The build quality is pretty garbage though, large panel gaps, creaking plastic, etc, something I didn't have in the Mercedes.

Power is underwhelming, 292hp sounds good on paper, but when it's pushing this 4000lb boat it's just not a lot, still better than a civic or something though.

Overall I like it, only keeping it another few years though and then I'm getting another Mercedes.

still not worth it

10k? I take it there is higher miles on it then, and overall that doesn't sound like unreasonable maintenance. Really anything is a power upgrade from the 4cyl tacoma I'm driving

Impalas are pretty good, I just can't get past the boring look or interior.

Looks are subjective, and the best part is it's like driving a CVPI, people behave around you on the highways and move out of your way

Bought it with 120k km, so yeah quite high for the year.

Everything else was super clean though.