So my 13 STI (pic related) has gotten engine knock at 38,000...

So my 13 STI (pic related) has gotten engine knock at 38,000. Subaru wont cover the warranty because of too many after market parts. They suggested i get an IAG short block engine and replace it, would i have to omit any of my modifications when changing the engine? Or would i be able to keep all modifications? For example i have a cobb sf intake an external waste gate 38mm with custom dump tube, ID 1300 fuel injectors, 300c fuel pump IAG fuel rails and other minor modifications. Would i be able to just slap all those on in a new short block and just get a new tune? Or would i need to replace almost everything? Thank you in advance.

Return to stock and go to another dealer, why would you take heavily modded car to dealer for warranty work you jackass

Returning to stock will be a giant hassle, im not a wrench monkey i live in nyc i dont even have a garage. So how do you suggest i return it to stock genius?

Tow it to a shop you fool! You're going to spend alot more with a full engine rebuild

How would i return the tune to stock? Would inhave to take it to some guy who tuned it? Or could i do it myself with the acess port?

I did x work and it broke my engine.

Should I do x work engine on a new engine or will it cause problems?

How do people like you remember to breath?

Yes, take to guy who tuned it and pray he can return rest of car stock

My thought process was that the stock engine just could not keep up with the excess power.

How much extra power? Many factors you could have been given a bad tune

I dont have the exact numbers on me right now but around 350-360. The car is insanely fast, the subaru dealer was impressed. Its been my daily for almost a year now, i drive at low rpms but the other day decided to do something different and beat the shit out of the car on the highway. Then i heard a pop and the knock noise began.

Did you tell dealer about all the mods? You fucked up big time taking them a modded car for warranty work

The dealer never ran through my car or did any paper work. I just told them the problem and they advised me on what i could do. They said the tune wasnt stock which was the major reason. But i can take it to another dealer.

So they didn't know about the other shit, just the tune they scanned for?

They didnt do any sort of scan, they asked if i had a tune and i said yes then they popped the hood and saw the mods. There was no writing down of anything. My question is if i take the tune back to stock, would they cover the repair? As the modifications didnt really cause the engine knock.

Doesn't matter, they see mods as excuse to void warranties, return to stock tune and replace mods to stock parts

>heavily modifying a car before the warranty is up

Holy shit you are dumb.

I see where your getting at, but i dont have any of the stock parts, aside from stock suspension parts. My original question was never answered though, woukd i be able to get a cobb or IAG motor to replace the stock engine and still be able to throw in the same mods? Since id have to get an engine made specifically for the sti. I know id have to retune. And sorry if im frustrating, i love cars but i was never good at the real technical stuff.

>As the modifications didnt really cause the engine knock.

That's where you're wrong, increasing power on stock internals always carry's the risk of engine damage.

Especially with how weak the ring lands are on stock sti pistons.

just replace the longblock you fuckin scrub

fuck off moron

this is literally b8 tier at this point

everyone has given you options
take them and fuck off

Fuck you, wheres your race car?

Hey dickhead no ones answered my original fucking question. I dont give a fuck about the money. Would i be able to replace the engine and still put the same modifications?

why, IN THE FUCK NOT MORON

ITS THE SAME FUCKING ENGINE

FUCK OFF NIGGER FAGGOT

In the shop where it should be until we take it out to the track. Modifying a new car with a intact warranty is nigger-tier dumb, you fucking retard.

At least you answered my question you fucking dingus. i bet you stay in your basement masturbating to pictures of your adopted 4 year old african niece. Then you drive your shitbox3000 to your shitty job that only pays you enough to buy rent and slowly scrounge together the pennies needed to fix your shitheap of a whip.

have fun turning left, faggot

More turning than you'll do with a dead engine. :^)

go the fuck back to jalopnik

you literally had to ask Veeky Forums if mods would fit the same engine they came off of

and you cant even comprehend how that makes YOU the retard

wew

>i dont have any of the stock parts
Did you sell them?

>hey does these mods fit the same fucking engine that i have removed them from?

>what

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
thats you

Youll never feel the rush of dipping it through nyc highways on a saturday morning at 3am downshifting and apexing through every turn bumping to gucci mane on full blast smoking a blunt with a bad bitch by your side... why tf i want a stock car when my shit kills the parking lot everytime i pull up. Its my car, not yours. Ill do whatever tf i want to it at whatever time i want.

OP you type like a child
and articulate yourself like a nigger
>admitting to being from NYC
gross

Part it out, the parts buyers do all the work. And when you are down to the shell, it's worth good money for the VIN.

>retard asks for help
>gets help
>called a retard in the process
>takes it personally

Yep you're a real winner op. Parents must be proud you ruined a new car before it even hit 50 thousand miles.

How the fuck am i supposed to know that a completely different company that has no relation to subaru makes engines that are "1:1 identical" as you say

>I'll do whatever I want to it

No, YOU won't. You'll take it to someone who knows how and you'll pay them. Because you don't know shit.

>highways
>apex

Yeah, I also won't know the feeling of getting my car impounded because I'm a dumb nigger who drives 50mph over the speed limit on pedestrian roads. You're a dumb nigger who heavily modifies cars that still have warranties on them, then bitches when their "mods" kill the car and the dealer won't cover it.

Call me when you can go over 200mph and not break the law, princess. ;)

>i dont even have a garage
Looks like plenty of room is available on your street.

I have no parents im a grown ass man. I bought this car with my hard earned money. Im not a fucking gearhead like you niggas masturbating to motortrend laptimes. I never said i knew everything about cars. You guys getting butthurt over a novice asking questions?

Thats not my street, i live in the bronx in an apartment. No tools or anything so i have to take it to people who know what theyre doing.

Where do you park then?

Something something trap house nigga

The jackie robinson is perfect for that at 3 am with no cars around.
Id love to go to the track, but the closest one is literally 200 miles away. I dont live in bumfuck nowhere where rednecks tarmac there property and call it a "track"

>doesn't know anything about cars
>decides to heavily modify a car
>complains and whines when something goes wrong

Man, neck yourself. The levels of stupidity here are too much.

The side of the street of course, id love to do all the work on my car but i have no time nor do i have the resources or space.

Lmfao. Beach Ridge isnt a redneck tarmac you dumbshit.

>but i dont have any of the stock parts
You're a stupid asshole.

Im not whining, i know what i did. I was literally asking a simple question since i just came back from the dealer. But just because i dont know how to dissasemble my engine and put it back together doesnt mean im pants on head retarded. Your just an asshole with a superiority complex who thinks its essential to know how to do everything yourself. Do you even live in nyc? Im not some rich white guy with a mortgage, not everyone has a drive way and garage. Ill change my oil sure, minor repairs myself but you expect everyone to know about technical shit like replacing a fucking engine block? Grow the fuck up this isnt 2nd grade where you have the best pokemon cards. Idgaf about how much you think you know about cars. Your just an asshole who likes to shit post and masturbate.

Fuck you, i sold them so what?

Not even the same guy but you obviously don't belong here, lurk more faggot.

I'm starting to like OP

How safe is your car parked there?

>being this retarded

Please kill yourself.

You're okay, OP

You are dumb.

You heavily modified a car without even a sliver of knowledge of vehicles. You are willfully ignorant.

Kill yourself.

A common rule is that you never sell the original copy of something if you change something. If you mod a video game you back up the original files in case something breaks. If you modify a car, you keep the original parts around so you can replace them if something goes wrong with you car. That being said, never ask questions like this on Veeky Forums and expect a simple answer.

Nice try OP

You the guy that got rekt by an illiterate hood nigga, seek help friendo!

wait dude do you like Gucci

topkek

nigger

Gucci is my fucking nigga. Best rapper in the game. Sorry for late reply.

Kek, I remember when his freaky gurl song was always playing when I was a freshman in HS

Go to nasioc they'll be able to help

nice car dear

I'm pretty sure this whole thread is just bait at this point, it's like he's playing a character and people on this board actually start sperging out

buy the stock parts slap them on and go to another dealer you dumbfuck

at least you were smart enough to not go into enough details or anything with them

>dipping
>highway racing

no skill loser detected, can't wait until you hit a concrete barrier or a paki uber driver in a tahoe on the jackie

kid you def live with your parents if you have a sti

>Your just an asshole with a superiority complex
the irony

I ended up gettin cool with the manager and he let me slide with just rollin the car in with the mods gutted out.
You guys are losers, grow up and talk to people. Life aint all straight and professional.

You can get what you want, smoke weed and bump gucci. No joke, listen to his music and the message. Maybe you'll figure shit out. I only came on here to ask a question.

Subaru drivers everyone

pretty sure gucci's message isn't nigger around town in your shitbox until it explodes

Great thread OP, many keks have been had at your expense.

God I hope this is real and not a troll.

>cobb sf intake an external waste gate 38mm with custom dump tube, ID 1300 fuel injectors, 300c fuel pump IAG fuel rails

I feel bad for that mazda in the background

in short, yes

in long

no point in buying a shortblock if youre going to pay someone to assemble the heads to the block, which is like $1500 in labor alone. Assembled longblock taken to a tuner

I don't know that your head is any good either since you were fuckin forcefeeding it to bejeezus with little to no knowledge on how these motors, or really any motor work.

All-in your full motor swap is going to hit you up for $4000

Is it going to be worth the money? Fuck yeah.

Also if you did all of this without the Cobb AP youre retarded. Most external wastegate setups are worse than stock for the car too.

Yes you should be back on the road in two weeks start to finish with a competent tuner shop.

Source: I have a 300whp '02 WRX with 200k miles on it, new pistons/rings, head gaskets thats it.

if you just had some sick ass rims and a catback and a bov, of course you would have a case for a warranty repair of knock. but youve done some major modification on stock internals like a fucking squid, so youve all but thrown your warrenty away for your entire powertrain.

If i am going to be buying a whole new engine, is it worth it to even get the same kind of engine? I barely modified this one, it shouldn't have had any problem if it was well designed. What would be a better choice of engine for around the same price?

>. My question is if i take the tune back to stock, would they cover the repair?
Probably not. They may have even entered the data into the system and now no dealer will do the work under warranty.

>complains about not being able to have work done under warranty
>voided warranty with work he could not undo in case of this scenario

yeah you're a real freaking Einstein yourself are't you bud

you shouldn't have had any problems but you blew it up probably because of your own incompetence

Just stop

Sell it to me for 5k and cut your losses.

Yeah well you better hook up the whole fuckin service department with at least a few ounces dickhead

>pretty sure gucci's message isn't nigger around town in your shitbox until it explodes