/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got distracted by the small fluffy thing
>The Fire Fades trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=zKaHQVDjJZQ

>Patch 1.13
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/75840229415620604

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Ringed City pre-launch media
pastebin.com/4mUsZWmv

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/184950
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FOOLISHNESS

PARTAKE Kreygasm

>When a casual filter actually filters you out of the game

Was fun while it lasted, I guess. My eyes still hurt from the lava btw

heh... nothin personnel...

heh

>when you're making a new build and you have to play the game all over again

Time to roll dsg.

True combo?

You can just meme it with a bow

Cant you just do that with Spiked Mace?

Did you just lose your girlfriend?

Is there any interest in a ps4 fc? I can host.

played KF1 when i was a kid and played KF2 on release, KF games aren't really that hard once you get out of the starting zones.

as a monhun player, though, i do think souls players are all casuals.

It is, but the spiked hammer has the same combo making the wooden hammer useless.

I can 100% ACLR without dying. Souls games are harder than their past works.

oh hell yeah I've been waiting for one of these

youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

This is what I hear when I see you "crusader" types talking in here.

>i wonder if the hardcore FromSoftware people who played AC/King's Field/Shadow Tower/etc before Souls came out think that souls players are all casuals

They don't think souls players are casuals, but they do think they're easily susceptible to hype and marketing and won't play games that sell Patrician AC players intellectually discussing stats, optimization strategies, lore, going to tournaments and generally being very friendly and civil
>DS player comes along
>HEY LOL GUYS DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THESE MULTIPLE ENDINGS AND WEAPONS AND IT'S COOL BECAUSE STAMINA BAR AND MOVESETS AND SO HARD-
>well duh, we have been enjoying this stuff since the 90s, most of your game was copied from our game
>YEAH BUT YOUR GAME ISN'T AAA GOTY BRO BASED MIYAZAKI MEMES

Nobody new is showing up
FC is done

Souls games are easier but have more arbitrary deaths since your health bar is lower. ACLR requires more skill to actually beat.

Never had trouble with monhun bosses solo. DaS3 input reading fucks me up.

>Nameless King was the only boss I didn't solo my first play-through

>just killed him first try solo on NG+

FUCK YEAH

Call me when any of those games are on PC and I'll gladly play them.

So I just ran through the DLC and gathered all the weapons and armor I could. Anyone feel like helping me transfer them on PC? I downloaded a save with all the original game's items but From keeps softbanning it even though I am not really bothering anyone. I think it is because I keep using CE to change the name, so I ran this character 100% offline and didn't change it this time. I also copied my save if you want me to give you everything aswell.

Last try.

Yes, works with every weapon that has spin sweep except partizan. especially fun with BKG or lucerne
You can but it also weights 10 units more so I wouldn't be able to poisestack with base VIT on knight.

>Knight
>Finger of Rosaria
>No shield
>Path of Dragon
>Dried Finger
OK, seems pretty tough, but totally possible
>First left weapon
>Shield right weapon
LOL ok reroll

>Old armored core
>Skill needed for PvE
Once you learn the boost hop everything is trivial.

I killed the left root (only one you can kill with arrows) first, with melee, now I'm just fucked

For all the PS1/PS2 games, just emulate them. You're not stealing money from From by pirating since the games were already purchased by Agetec/505 games, who doesn't support From anymore. Only games that actually support From to purchase are ACV and Verdict Day since Bandai is still an active publisher and you can still buy them new.

How horrible.

I never understood how anyone could be defeated by Bed of Chaos. The damage you do to is is persistent, and the same areas collapse, so you can just brute-force it if you have to. It's really not difficult.

i haven't played the two latest and most casual entries, but nothing in souls has ever challenged me like raging brachydios/molten tigrex solo

have also been getting into frontier which has fights that make even the hardest mainline mons look like fucking pinwheel

>From buffed prisoner's chain for no reason
>From buffed lothric spear poise for no reason

Thanks host.

mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/184950

Am I gonna have a good time in 3v3's???

I'll be sure to do that in 2050 when PS2 emulation isn't hot garbage

If you were never defeated by it, how do you know the damage is persistent?

BY THE KING'S DECREE

Happened to me too because I didn't even know he existed on my first run

Are you kidding me? PCSX2 works great

I have never encountered a PS2 game that doesn't emulate well in 2017, all the AC games included.

Miyazaki ascends from the bowels of the earth to give you, yes YOU, the opportunity to design a brand new Meta™ weapon for Dark Souls 3. It can't be blatantly game-breaking, but otherwise can be as stupid as you want, as there will be little to no playtesting during its development and subsequent patching into the game.

What cancer do you create?

I tried PvP with blessed v lightning infusion (as well as refined, sharp and heavy with those respective builds) and lightning came out on top. There's either something going on with scaling or added reduction against players. I haven't figured it out yet.

you're kidding, right?
PS2 emulation has been great for years.

Shadow tower abyss, kf4 and the armored core games emulate pretty well. There's also ppsspp.

the dark is not to be feared my friend
and so the feast shall commence

Defeated as in "give up", not killed. Dying isn't being defeated in Souls, user.

Read the post he's replying to. He means dropping the game.

most of the PSP AC games don't work or have gamebreaking problems on ppsspp from my experience

Why would I need to do that when they're doing a great job making broken shit on their own?

It's a ring or spell that makes both player's stamina regen at half speed, and causes stagger if they roll twice in a row.

>never encountered a PS2 game that doesn't emulate well in 2017

>The Getaway
>entire Ratchet & Clank series

and there's plenty more

I read, and wrote, that post

They work perfectly for me.

How'd one do a dark-themed STR/FTH build anyway?

There's no game over state in Souls, but dying is the closest equivalent.

Okay get this, right? So, it's like Lothric's Holy Sword, okay?
But it DOESN'T suck.

tranquil walk of peace

they work perfect as of 2016

Whatever you say, my man.

Maybe I'll roll something to make the game fun.

Blue Flame from ds2, but also apart from it being a catalyst it also shoots a mirror projectile a second after the first is shot all on it's own.

Sorc still isn't viable in pvp though. Just roll spam till blue bar depletes.

you put points into strength and faith and use crucifix

Nope, still shit.

a lot of the challenges in endgame MonHun are often kind of bullshit, or rely on mechanics that artificially extend the fight for no reason and boost the monster's damage output to ridiculous levels (wonder what I could be referring to here :^)) the challenge isn't particularly well-designed in some instances and leans on cheap gimmicks.

I love monster hunter, but the only fights that compare to a souls boss to me are monsters like Narga or Zinogre

Good luck with that user.
Seriously, good luck

NEW TWINBLADE
WA - Wind Wall
Spin the weapon in front of you continuously, and follow up with a light attack to push out a pulse of air forward, knocking down things in front of you. Follow up with a heavy attack to do a large spinning attack that sends forth a shockwave of wind.
Block frames are active during the spinning, allowing you to just spin through projectiles and attacks. Its a big twinblade, like the Red Iron Twinblade, so it has pretty decent block values to help with the WA.
Poise of a Greatsword, range of a Greatsword, damage a little above average of typical Greatswords, but a little slower to compensate.
And then you can pair it with a Wolf Knight Greatsword to look like a Spellbreaker/Spellblade from WoW.

Reminder that GGS users get CURSED on sight.

>tfw stopped playing at MHP3rd because I don't have a Wii or 3DS
>can't play Frontier because I don't speak weeb
Suffering. I mostly want to play Frontier because it has the most beautiful musics in the series.

A ring that makes any R arm and L arm weapon you have active at the same time use the moveset of a paired weapon

Started a new build that will probably use Crow Quills, any combos I should know about?
Didn't fuck too much with it when AoA dropped, just know that L2 into R2 is a long lunge poke.
Also r8 vampire fashion.

But how much phantom range does it have senpai?

who should i kill before going into ng+? everyone? no one?

any misc stuff i should do?

MAKE HASTE

Allrighty then.

stupid meta fag

That shit roll right into his greatsword is hilarious. I can't help but think of all the times you tried to curse people but died anyway.

Think about the questioned you plan to do next run. For instance, turn in tongues now if you plan to do Sirris' quest line.

Game over is quitting, as the user at the start of the chain implied he had.

SPEAR OF THE CHURCH!

Its a good bit because the 2 handed attacks that hit multiple times dont move you forward much, so thats been compensated for with phantom range.

So someone made this last thread, Blessed looks good here but wouldn't it be better to just make it raw or something and buff it with resin or blessed weapon the spell?

crow quills got nerfed to death for no reason just a heads up

Not that user, but how bad? Starting a new run for xbone, Trying to be a corviann knignt

>Paired Irithyll Straight Swords.

See:

FUCKING FOOLISSSHHHHFAGS

also raw isn't as good as it used to be, and is pretty awful on a lot of weapons now

I think its crit got lowered by 10
Probably because they buffed Sharp and actually had the foresight to think "Yknow what might be strong when this goes through? That super strong dex crit weapon we made last DLC." Wouldnt be surprised if that conversation was had.
ALSO - Corvian Knight Fashion
>Billed Mask
>Lorian's Armor
>Lorian's Gauntlets
>Vilhelm's Leggings
There ya go
Youre a little more brass colored than the actual knights but youre just as gangly and metal covered

>paired borts

You better have the Dark Hand for the occasional SUCC.

Not sold on Morne's leggings so much. Maybe try the Ringed Knight Leggings instead, they have a similar feel to them.

Do NPC phantoms get bonus damage resistance or some similar gay shit? Just invaded a dude who had Hawkwood summoned. My BKS Hornet Ring riposte, which normally does upwards of 900 on players, did like barely 300. What the hell.

pretty sure they nerfed base damage and also the critical modifier. It does outdamage estoc with a pure dex build still but not by much.

I did.

Thanks user!

a weapon that's a straightsword while onehanded and a greathammer while twohanded

I'm never going to use the twohanded straightsword moveset or the onehanded greathammer moveset (not if I have both on me anyways), may as well just save me the time it takes to switch and give me a kirkhammer. Greathammer weaponarts via weaponart shield with a straightsword moveset would be hilarious to boot.

Yeah, heard about that. I'm using other weapons as well, so I'm not too worried about it. Just mainly looking for fast weapons that can proc Pontiff's Eyes easily.

>Dark Hand
Using that as well, it's hard to land the kiss without a parry which I suck at.

>Ringed Knight Leggings
I'll see about that, thanks.

Well the alternative is they die instantly because they're fucking retarded

I wish hosts would stop trying to melee Midir's ankles

best place to farm spiked mace?

In fact I even have an image of my build I did like that. Parried the world, felt pretty good. Died a lot when I couldnt parry though, and even more when I could but couldnt land them.
Fun stuff. Adjust the proportions as you want.