E46

Who has one?

Most brown minority groups in germany

Should I buy one of these? I'm 17 and have £4k to spare

Only if you can work on cars and have extra money for parts. They're nice but require maintenance. For example many of the cooling system parts fail.

theres a reinforcement kit that OP could do, it costs about 1-2k in burgerbux

It'll cost you about £3k in insurance and you'll only be able to afford one that's falling apart after that.

Thanks. My parents are pushing me to get a Ford Ka instead, would the BMW be the better choice? I might be a bit shallow saying this but the Ka's looks alone make me not like it

>not having your parents as the named driver

my 19 year old GF has owned a e46 coupe for a while now. really good car to be honest.

Honestly the Ka is one of the ugliest cars in existence

a162
Yep my rear subframe mount points are hacked together with those plates, and loads of epoxy on the top side. Still creaks lol.

epoxy? i'm pretty sure those plates are supposed to be welded together lmao

I own one but I'm trying to sell it. It needs work that I'm not trusting of myself to do. But I might change my mind if I have a second person help to keep me motivated.

mods?

They are welded, it's just extra reinforcement on the other side since the plates weren't big enough to fully cover the holes. The proper repair would have been to replace the entire trunk floor body section but that's very expensive.

Get a Punto or something, not a bad drive for what it is.
And regarding being a named driver and being the main driver, you'll fuck up and crash the BMW and the insurance wont pay out since they'll know you've been the main driver, you're not reinventing the wheel with that old chestnut.

Not me.

I have two.

op=rekt

>I'm 17
Never say that here, dumbass.

wait, so in Britain if you're not the main driver and if you get stopped by the police you don't get fined?
your only penalty is no insurance payouts when a crash occurs?

Pretty much, although as a named driver you can get the payout if it's reasonably assumed that you're not the main driver of the vehicle.
However in OP's case a newly purchased old BMW it'd be assumed that the car was bought for and mainly driven by him.
The policies state that the named driver can't be the main driver of the vehicle and through simple deduction and having seen it a million times before the insurer would refuse to pay out.
This would wipe out the main drivers no claims bonus forcing them to pay a fortune for their next policy and possibly void the existing insurance agreement which would result in a world of pain for all parties involved in the future.

Basically if OP fucks up with the support of his parents his whole family will be forced to drive Micra's for 5 years.

I knew Veeky Forums is full of kids these days because you see multiple "should i buy a dodge viper or a rotary rx-7 as my first car" threads every day

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

good thread