Is getting an '11-'12 5.0 as a first car a bad idea?

Is getting an '11-'12 5.0 as a first car a bad idea?

I know what kind of power it has, so I won't be a dumbass and burn rubber at every street light and causing a crash.

Other urls found in this thread:

skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov/current/cgi/query.pl
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Depends. How loose is your asshole?

>Be me waiting for friend at car meet
>He shows up in his mustang
>Mustang gets a lot of shit on here and I want to know why
>I ask friend if I can drive his mustang
>He tells me to go for it
>I get in his car and there's a bad smell, smells almost like rotten eggs
>Ask friend and he says it's cause he needs to clean the car
>So I start the car and put it into reverse
>Friend stops me and asks what I'm doing
>I tell him I'm backing out the spot
>Friend tells me I'm using the shifter wrong
>Confused as fuck I ask him to show me how to shift
>I get out the car and my friend stands up on the seats
>I ask him why he's standing on the seats and he says just watch
>He then proceeds to pull down his shorts and squats over the shifter spreading his ass cheeks
>The knob gently pierces his asshole as he tells me this is how you shift
>He proceeds to do burnouts in the parking lot as he shifts gears smoothly with his tightly clenched asshole
>I'm astonshied by this but now I see why Veeky Forums likes the mustang so much, I've never seen a car shift so smoothly before with nothing but a tight asshole

OP here, thanks for the laugh.

>so I won't be a dumbass and burn rubber at every street light and causing a crash.

oh i bet you WILL spin out during the first week being a dumbass

A recent Mustang GT is just too much car if it's you're first, especially if you're young and male (and therefore risk-taking). Horsepower is like a drug, just begging you to push it a little harder, just a little, until you lose your license for going 110 in a 70 zone, or get T-boned because you "can totally catch that yellow light" or you rear-end someone because you didn't leave enough space to brake. Believe me, fast cars are fun but if you're learning to drive (and if you haven't been driving 5-10 years, you're still a beginner) they can quickly lead to serious accidents. Temptation and lack of experience. Also Mustangs generally suck at cornering anyway which is a problem since novice drivers are usually bad at it.

Enjoy the shitty gas and insurance memes. But your parents are paying for everything so I guess its all good for u.

And when he kills someone, his parents get sued. It's a win win.

you will wrap it around the pole the first time your m8s or a qt girl ask you to floor it

Nice pasta faggot

Nah, mustangs run curves doing burnouts and eat guardrails on onramps. Porches are the polestar, just like at your local tiddy bar.

Do it, but if you REALLY don't know how to drive, a manual 2011-2012 v6 can be a good first car.

>Engine works basically the same, not that much torque down low but it gets really crazy on top
>Same transmition
>RWD
>Basically same car except for the engine
>305hp compared to 420hp
>5s seconds 0 to 60
>Cheaper and cheaper ensurance

Just get one with the 3.31 gears and it should be good to go, 400+HP seems risky for a first car, hell, even 300 is still too much but it's better for a first time car owner.

How's the mid life crisis going?

>first car
>midlife crisis
lrn2read dickhead

>first car
>"I know what kind of power it has"

NFS isn't a substitute for real world experience. Unless youve put rubber to to the asphalt, you WILL crash it.

Doesn't matter you're going to crash because i know you'll push it hard and trying to figure out how the car drives as a first car.

TL;DR you're going to crash because no experience

my first car was a 2006 mustang gt 6 years ago

youll be fine. dont listen to the too much hp fags. just dont go wot while you are turning and if you do, let go of the gas and dont overcorrect

Your mom's a pasta

Wont letting go of the gas mid turn cause him to spin out?

no, flooring it while turning or in the middle of a turn in coyote will cause the rear end to kick out in whatever direction you are turning causing the nose to slam into a curb or spinning out while overcorrecting.

but if he starts to slide and lets go of gas the car will suddenly regain grip and send him into a spin

You make the mustang sound scary. Maybe I should stick with something a little slower like a BRZ

you will literally be fine

i got my mustang as a senior inh high school and did a ton of stupid dumb shit with it and im still alive.

>I know what kind of power it has, so I won't be a dumbass and burn rubber at every street light and causing a crash.
Yes you will.
Because you own a mustang.
You shitheel.

But I want the V8 man, not the v6. Plus v6 back in your days was weak. The v8 today is too much power for me and I wouldn't get the v6 cause my bros will laugh at me

Not at all, very solid car and the engine is great and reliable. People are mostly dumping them for financial reasons

buy a miata and be happier learning to drive a car properly over buying something your high school butt buddy Chad revs in the parking lot after language arts.

I suspect your parent's bank account will thank you as well.

So you're admitting your insecurities are outweighing what makes you logicly comfortable.

>Fuck off.

nigger i had the v8 s197i back in the day. over time i modded it with full bolt ons and a roush blower on it that put down 487rwhp. i learned stick shift on that car and i basically learned to drag race and autocross in it.

It's not an insecurity when there hasn't been a coffee and bagel meet yet without a mustang running someone over

newer gts have near svt cobra level power, your 06 wasn't shit compared to these

op will probably die

Nah, I've had my license for the past few years and have been driving my brothers car while he's in the military since I got my license. I just never truly owned my own car.

I have $15k saved up and I have been saving for a while through working and saving income taxes.

Just wondering if buying a Mustang GT as a first car is smart. Insurance, reliability, etc.

My first manual car was a Miata, but my second was a '04 Mustang GT with a loose suspension. Honestly it wasn't nearly as hard to handle as the internet made me think it would be. I did hit 125 on the highway once but that was the limit of dumb shit for me.

Just don't floor it in a turn, don't dump the clutch in traffic, and be careful when it's raining/snowing. And resist the urge to hoon--One cool thing about a weaker car like a Miata or a BRZ is that you can drive it with your foot on the floor around town without killing anyone. When you move to a V8 you need to realize doing that means going way too fast or losing traction.

Only car I've driven that felt too fast was a new STI, but mainly because the gearing is so short and the boost comes on late.

A brz is probably better.

Still looks fast, lot less to kill yourseld with.

It's a car you can be proud of to keep forever for sure. Gas and insurance is slightly higher than your average shitbox but the fun and attention far out weigh it. It's got plenty of parts and aftermarket to keep it forever.

Wut. This mustang could keep up with the M3 when it was made.

you think your cars can outrun this?

If we're all going to die, i'd rather spend my meaningless life doing cool shit like driving cars too fast

september brother, after that you can drift all you want

yeah and the brz is still better in this case, it's lighter, better handling, still looks fast and sporty, and doesn't have 412 hp so OP won't kill himself

What am I looking at?

Dang, guess we'll all be toast. So that means I can have your car, right

I live in Sweden, thats pretty far off
skyview.gsfc.nasa.gov/current/cgi/query.pl
Coordinates: 13 48 1.0, -8 28 20.5"
IRAS micron 100

Satan

>1 day after my 25th birthday

woooo!!

Literally this. Its tempting, but you gotta get some experience first. Trust me.

>Is getting an '11-'12 5.0 as a first car a bad idea?

Actual 2011 Mustang GT owner here

First car? Yes, probably. Depends how old you are.
My first car was a 1998 Mustang V6 when I was 17. Wrecked it immediately and got it fixed. Drove it for another year and a half.

I was 19 when I got my 2011, and I was so terrified of it at first that I babied it. Never got pulled over, never gotten a ticket, never gotten into an accident.

If I was 17-18 and got this as my first car, I probably would've killed myself on accident.

>When you move to a V8
Look, V6s nowadays are way faster than older GTs, it isn't the number of cylinders but the amount of power the car has.

OP, you should get a V6 to learn the basics, it's not that slow compared to a GT, cheaper everything and same interior and suspension/transmition.
It's also very dangerous and has plenty of power but it's way more manageable and turns better.

>They will laught at me

Sweet, that's makes it better when they realize your car is faster.

nice wheels, what are they?

>first car
>over 400 hp

OP, that is way too much power for a first time driver. Even the older 2 valve mustangs are probably too much for someone without much experience. Get a shitbox, learn to wrench on it, make your mistakes at low speed with low power and then get the fast car once you get some experience.

A 3 valve is still way too much for a first car

300hp is pretty manageable but I agree with you only because it's rwd

>Only because it's RWD
Motherfucker try to drive a Mazdaspeed 3, not even 300hp and it feels like you are going to kill yourself with all that torque steer and oversteering, high HP is far more.manageable in RWD than FWD cars.

For your first car dont get a recent mustang or the shitty version of a car you cant afford/insure just get a cheap shitbox that you like and get a proper mustang or whatever you like when you can afford it.

mazdaspeeds are just shitty cars, it has nothing to do with the drivetrain

I find powerful turbo cars harder to drive than V8s.

>Mash pedal
>Wait
>WHOOOSH
>Redline instantly
>Shift
>Repeat

I'm sure you get used to it but it's hard if you're used to a steady hp/torque curve.

died lol

I like those wheels

>transmition

Ignore this guy, he's a literal mouth-breather.