What Is The Best Handling Car Sold In America

Guys I am looking to buy a new car. My current car has plenty of power but doesn't handle that well and I am looking to change that. I have found out you can always add more power to a car but it is a whole different story to try and change the suspension geometry. I am looking for a car that will be a good base to build on. The only criteria I have is that it has four seats and isn't to old (1980 or newer).

So Veeky Forums, what do you recommend?

It depends on what you consider good handling and what your driving style is.

Also, handling is largely tire-dependant and cars all come with different tires so it's really hard to objectively measure.

Get an ND Miata/Fiata with the optional LSD.

Gt-r
LFA
Evo X
Wrx/sti
Type r

You can't really add much more power to a car that handles well without ruining it and you end up with the same problems you describe.

>The only criteria I have is that it has four seats and isn't to old (1980 or newer).
>four seats

As this user said, a WRX or Evo would be a good choice. Good luck finding a non-molested one for a reasonable price though.

Unironically a 1le camaro

2 miatas

BMW E36 M3

So I'm not gay.

911 is always the answer when you're not poor.

>Literally any WRX from any year
>80s and 90s Corollas handle beautifully but have very little options for more power
>All of the older BMW M cars are pretty good. Look at the M3 and M5
>Basically any Civic Si
>The Mazdaspeed 3 and Mazdaspeed 6 both handle fairly well so does the Mazdaspeed Protege
>Focus SVT handled very well and it's pretty cheap now
>Neon SRT4 handles decently and can be upgraded
>Sentra Spec-V handles well and can be upgraded

I'm sure I missed some but it's really easy to find good handling cars, usually a light car is a pretty a good handling car. Also look up common suspension geometries. Double wishbone is probably the best but MacPherson Struts are always pretty good and they are easily upgradeable. Try and make sure the car you're buying has IRS or close to it.
My 93 Corolla is still to this day one of the best handling stock cars I've driven.

>Abarth 124 (better suspension tuning than Miata)
>Alfa 4C
>Camaro 1LE

Probably the 3 best handling cars right now

For cheap? Miata or MR2 (preferably SW20, but only if you aren't a baby who can't drive an MR car)

I have an STI, the GT86/BRZ handles better.

Porsche is always the first answer to all questions

Anything with 40 treadwear tires.

Honda Civic

A Porsche Cayman s or gt4

>Evo
>Subaru
>Good handling
Nah. They're not very good, just fast

>t. never driven any of these

Post proof m8. Proper set of rubber and those awd cars hug turns.

Alfa 4C handles great though

A Volvo 740 with the m71

Alternatively, a 240.