Platoons are out edition

>>>NEWS

Other urls found in this thread:

battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First

is the game playable yet?

Define playable.

Is there a /bfg/ platoon yet and is it open to everyone?

>type battlefield general in the search bar
>apply and wait to be accepted

>The Shall Not Pass is now available for purchase.
this was on purpose, wasn't it?

Quick lads what is a good build for ~200 bucks to run this shit on medium at 60+ fps

>le if we screw it up long enough it's a meme meme

>playing on a platform where the game is dead.

PS4 on sale is my only answer to that.

Heh, so is that why i got "matchmaking failed" all the time earlier in quickmatch

There's no bfg platoon for PS4

I can make one for the Xbox one guys

And I have made it

Where is the xbone platoon?

Just made it

Typed battlefield general
Can't find it

Wouldn't let me use forward slashes so it's BFG

>The Shall Not Pass

Ok I changed it to "Battlefield General"

Ight joined it, im bulldawgs

Ok you'll be a colonel

Have platoons saved the general? Or too little too late?

Sweet

New emblem is nice

Cheese ola here, joined it.

>wrong thread

>231 Selb kills in one day
I can never manage more than one kill per life with that pos

How the fuck are they gonna ask for 300 kills with two of the worst guns in the game without buffing them at all?

Why is all the font so small now wtf

Plot twist. As it turns out the hellriegel defensive is just as trash as the regular hellriegel.

Who's like to be part of the Austro-Hungarian platoon?
Search Austro Hungarian on PS4. I hope there's a bfg soon so I can see how shit some of these people are(myself included).

shitty console

>another task that encourages medics to use rifle grenades instead of doing their job

The Order of Hippocrates medal was bad enough.

I do want to get this done though, so am I more useful to my team with just revives or just heals?

Damn I love spotting people and running through a hellscape of fire and bullets to go revive them

I suppose I should start using that function but I'm not optimistic it's going to keep anyone that was already planning on skipping from doing so.

Half the people I spotted continued skipping tonight, so...not really different from before
but at least they know I cared about them when my corpse flops on top of theirs

They should have just disabled skips until 5 seconds before you can spawn again. That's ample time for you to set up where you want to spawn without losing those two seconds of gametime that are apparently so important to you, but also gives medics enough time to get to you.

>Finally get to use my raifu the Huot and her slutty sister the 1906 Selbstlader again

What was stopping you from just doing that before, senpai?

it will be more sweet getting 300 kills with both when there's a reward at the end.

It's actually a really good gun, but it suffers terribly from iron sight misalignment which is the reason why I'm grinding for the Sniper variant

Devil's Anvil is the worst operation in the game.

>defend
>pick mortar
>rack up 100+ kills

I like it a lot in theory, but whenever I use it there's just too many variables to fuck me.

>takes 2-3 shots to kill but only has 5 bullets
>missing one shot drastically increases enemy chance of killing you first
>2 enemies in a row are almost guaranteed to kill you
>strange prolonged reload animation
>snipers, scoped medics, even scoped LMGs can get the drop on you at a distance while you pray they don't duck behind cover before you can hit them 3 times

That is precisely why I'm going for the Sniper variant of the 1906, because it addresses a bunch of those issues much better

I like the Auto8 Marksman too, but I wouldn't touch the Factory at all

>bf1
I havent tried it but I might
do people still use CAS planes to dogfight
are CAS planes even in this game

Thanks

It's the opposite: players use fighters to bomb infantry.

Played yesterday after the patch and aaaaah those delicious salty pilot tears in the chat."waah waah AA sucks it ruins the game!!"... "seriously fuck AA waaah"

who /hellnigger/ here?

I'm kinda disappointed from its recoil. It should have even less than the factory variant cuz of the bipod's weight.

Nigga, this is Dice. Everything increases recoil, according to Dice, especially heavy barrels specifically designed to reduce recoil.

With the inclusion of the bipod they took out the grip, maybe that's why the recoil is so shit.

In my case for some reason the game ran smoother before the patch.

I'm going to get all the guns as seing locked guns on my menu upsets me.
Right now I am using the Hout and the Sebloader.
I fucking hate 5 clip guns that need 3 shots to kill.

I have the same issue. I get major FPS drops on the DLC maps (like from 140 to 27 and then back up again). Especially around the D flag on Soissons. It started with this patch.

I thought it was because of the new graphics card update.

Damn, can't they just simply make the game run perfectly? It has been months since the release.

>join operations
>I am the only player

Th-thanks...

It's miraculous that I can now survive darts.

Anyone checking the forums? Apparently the netcode "fix" made the netcode worse.

I haven't checked the forums but I do feel it has done that.

well, wont be playing the game until update

what it did was make people with more than 100 ping have to lead their shots instead of the bs that was before

>ammo pouches don't resupply nades at all anymore
Why does it even exist? It is actually pointless now, you'd have to be a retard to take the pouch over the box.

That's what it was supposed to do, it isn't what it does. Everyone's complaining about hitreg at the moment, regardless of ping.

it still resupplies gadgets afaik, but yes, as a support main since the game released, yesterday was literally the first time I ever used the box

I thought pouches still gave them but didn't accelerate the cooldown like crates?

Hey guys, join the 1st Kekistan platoon. Admissions are open to everyone until there's enough numbers.

Pouches don't resupply grenades at all. I was a Support using smokes, and never got any from pouches until I ran near a box

>Grenades will no longer resupply unless player is near supply crate or pack.

Good one DICE

yep, a rollback can't come soon enough

why im getting trade kills now?

>Allow bullet damage from killed players if the victim got his shot off while he was still alive. This will allow killtrades, but in a fair manner.

battlefield.com/news/update-notes/spring-update

So what is the point in even having a base resupply time, if the only way to get them is from crates which reduce that time?

It's a feature brought back by popular demand :^)

So people who aren't around crates have to wait longer before they can run by one and resupply instantly? Beats me, this is DICE we're talking about

so you don't have to be constantly near an ammo crate, I find it works quite well, toss my nade, continue with my life, after a while pop a crate and I have my nade back

Bullets don't magically disappear when you die anymore.

whats wrong with kill trades? it doesnt make sense to bullets disappear mid air.

M-muh k/d

that fucking post

fucking kill me

>Majority of people on the forum were complaining about highping players

lol, what a joke. I've been both on the receiving and giving end of this. I don't know why DICE "fixed" a problem that wasn't a problem to begin with in the ~100 ping range. I hope they higher the threshold to 200+ because that's around the threshold you can really see some wonky shit (especially when Asians decide to play on US west servers).

Because it's been a fucking annoying feature in every iteration of BF I've played since BC2. You have retarded devs pulling shit out of their asses like "the forums agree with us!" when every person who's also played the same games have all agreed that it was stupid and not missed

Good one retard. You know the kill trading thing cuts both ways, right? I'd rather just die with a +1 death and no kill for it than to swap cum with my opponents mouth and we all collectively become gay

>being mean

I really dont' see how its a bad thing. So far for me they've all been legit. It seems silly for bullets to just vanish. I'd rather us both die then see on my screen my guy fired but I died before they hit him.

>10 feet away from enemy
>Kill him
>Half a second later he kills you

How does it make sense? Bullets don't travel that slowly.

I joined a pepe platoon lads, so sorry but not sorry.

>enemy shoots at you
>die to his bullets
>people have the gall to complain about this

Why are there 3 Platoons on PC?

padding, to make the game not appear dead (hint: it is)

>300 kills

this shit is going to take forever

there are?

There are only two, the official one and the overflow for the official one.

Only 20~ slots left in the main platoon, applying and letting us know that you're from the thread is an easy way to get accepted asap. Generally the platoons get applications from tons of randoms that aren't from here and it's tough to weed them out.

>300 martini kills
I'll be here forever

I am subtilo and just applied

Faster than 1906

I've found I am better at that. I'm just not good at sniping, especially with a gun with 1 clip.
The 1906 is pretty annoying though.
I'm doing pretty well with the Hout though.

Is AA back to being usable?

I need to read the patch notes.

gotcha

How do you tell who's a random and who isn't?

I didn't post my ID yet I still got accepted

I don't use a martini henry for sniping. I use it or short range combat and it does rather well

>seing locked guns on my menu upsets me.

I feel you, the Doughboy 1911 and the Barbed Wire Bat make me furious, but I'm not going to go out and buy a separate edition just to satisfy my autism. There are extremes even I will not go to.

thanks

Is there an Xbone platoon?

inb4 >xbone
It's my roommate's, i ain't paying for this shit.

This. I complain about a lot of DICE's shit, but this is fine.