Lol at the brake discs. All four of them are rusted as shit. And it just came off the boat

lol at the brake discs. All four of them are rusted as shit. And it just came off the boat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdMFpuLCcxA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dont worry senpai, its just bronze paint, all the rage these days

Nothing's wrong with it.

Every car and truck comes with rusty rotors. If you let any car sit for a long time the rotors will start to rust. non coated steel in air = rust.

Retard.

Someone already did

>Every car and truck comes with rusty rotors

With all due respect that's not even close to true.

Literally means nothing. All brakes do this.

It just means it's been sitting for a week. If anything it's a good sign that dealership employees aren't using it for joy rides.

Its the same reason why tailpipes and mufflers show rust after like 1 season of winter and maybe 6 months of ownership. Its supposed to do that. Uncoated steel

they should spray oil on them to keep the rust off

>His exhaust isn't stainless steel

You think rusty rotors are bad? Go to the rustbelt and look under the 2017's on the lot. There's already surface rust and pitting everywhere.

Pray tell, user. What would you suggest they do to prevent a part which must remain bare metal to function in order to ship it?

Say, maybe, drive 5 feet forward and stop once it's off the boat?

That's completely normal. If it didn't do that and didn't have ceramic rotors I'd be worried.

5/10
at least its different bait

My 2011 focus was rusting at the wheel arches and under the door when it was 4 years old, and was not even a rust belt car.

Ford BTFO yet again

dam dat rs package rooks gud

actually most of the reason for that is because they're incredibly hot during operation, heat accelerates all chemical reactions and an oxidation reaction is no exception

youtube.com/watch?v=RdMFpuLCcxA

This will realy help you :)

any amount of moisture will do it

drive it for 2 mins and its all gone

they don't call it the rust belt because it makes cars rust dingus

so glad i got out of northern indiana, cars there just fucking evaporated

>Surfacing rotors with an angle grinder

You would have to be a legendary artist to achieve anything close to what a brake lathe can do.

Nigger holy shit. That can happen to any car within 1-2 days of not being driven.

Fucking drive the thing a mile and it'll be gone, holy shit.

Not from the rust belt and always figured that was the reason, why do they call it that?

Just stop at a light a couple of times and it's gone.

>resurfacing using an angle grinder

What the fuck am I reading

2007 focus here that spent two years in Rochester, 8 months in the southern tier, and 7 years in the NYC area. Only rust is surface rust on the running gear and spots where the hatch stops beat in the paint. Wash your cars.

>rotors rust
whats new nigger

>The Rust Belt is the region of the United States from the Great Lakes to the upper Midwest States. Rust refers to the deindustrialization, or economic decline, population loss, and urban decay due to the shrinking of its once-powerful industrial sector. The term gained popularity in the U.S. in the 1980s.[1]

>The Rust Belt begins in western New York and traverses west through Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and the Lower Peninsula of Michigan, ending in northern Illinois, eastern Iowa, and southeastern Wisconsin. Previously known as the industrial heartland of America, industry has been declining in the region since the mid-20th century due to a variety of economic factors, such as the transfer of manufacturing further West, increased automation, and the decline of the US steel and coal industries.[2] While some cities and towns have managed to adapt by shifting focus towards services and high-tech industries, others have not fared as well, witnessing rising poverty and declining populations.[3]
About 6,290,000 results (0.67 seconds)

it's where all the factories and shit were during the industrial revolution but when manufacturing became less important they were abandoned and left to rust away, so rust belt

You don't get real winters in those places. Up north it's the 30 degree temperature swings that make metal expand and contract then rust. That and the magnesium chloride death salt they use.

My fiesta 6 months after purchase only driven in snow one time with little salt and was washed afterwords 1/2

ST? Mine's a California car so I'm chillin on the whole rust thing.

No its na 1.6 5mt. Still a fun car but underpowered

That happens to my car everytime it rains it dont mean anything

That knuckle is disproportionately rusty. And it is more rusty than you see on other cars. But the other parts look good. Its very thick metal and will live a long life rusty like that. Ford chose to save cost over looks.

By not painting it.

None of the stock exhaust is SS.
OMG GUISE my uncoated cast iron parts have developed a surface rust patina!!?!
That's what happens to all uncoated cast iron parts. It's supposed to happen.

Would it kill them to put some coating on those parts after they are manufactured? Anything is better than nothing.

Then they wouldn't make money on replacing parts ya doofus, it's just like why they make all the new tires shit.

It would probably kill your wallet, plus what said

Most car companies do.

interesting. Thanks

It is actually true.

>fiesta
Yes it probably would. If you buy a more premium brand (or even a more premium ford) you'll find that the parts are most likely coated in some way.

>this thread

apparently none of you have ever washed a car because this is what my brakes look like every time i do - it vanishes after the first drive until i wash it again.

My car has this shit and it annoys me.
What can I do about it ?

I know, right

Literally use the brakes once or twice...

Drive around the block and ride the brakes a little so the rust comes all the way off. If you don't have them already, they make coated rotors that don't get a bunch of surface rust around the vents and where the wheel meets it which help too.

>ride the brakes
I'll try that

Ayyyyyy

I doubt they're coated on the friction surface. They might just be stainless instead of cast like motorcycle rotors if they don't rust

bus rider general

Coating your rotors in a grease or oil something similar will prevent the rust from forming. Most manufacturers don't do it because it's added cost and the average consumer doesn't generally care.

You stop that

>inb4 wtf I have no brakes now