I own my dream car, and dream set of wheels

I own my dream car, and dream set of wheels.
Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2143782-Our-Wheel-Stud-Options-(mostly-inclusive)
bimmerworld.com/Premium-Race-Bulletnose-Wheel-Stud-92MM.html
mcoupebuyersguide.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

im jealous, how is the space inside the Z coupes?

why does babby form

Seating up front is fine, although tall folks struggle. Having a sun roof helps, but fuck sunroofs.
You can tilt the seat bottom with risers and get comfortable if you're taller.

In the rear, it's a lot less space than you'd expect. Groceries and tires and shit fit fine, but actually fitting a body is a tight squeeze. Most dogs would be okay, and there's a built in net if you're so inclined.

What's with the 30mm over size lugs?

You had 1.5in spacers before didn't you, you cheeky bastard.

*how

peenus

why do your wheels have 5 small penises coming out of em?

The ugly-as-shit OEM wheels needed a 20MM spacer in back to look okay. Then the second set of wheels I got also needed them. Up front sometimes needed spacers too. It's a track car, so I wanted to do it once and do it right. This meant proper studs, and the only ones sold that met my standards are in a 90mm design, which is long a shat but that's life.

With the wheels now, they are a perfect spec, so no spacers, which makes them look obviously quite long.

This way I have all options open to me. The look works for a track car IMO.

See:

Just cut the ends off now that you have your set of forever wheels.

It looks seriously terrible.

Love the wheels though - some kind of 3 piece panasport/wats? What are the specs?

>T H I C C
I don't have any questions. Looks good mane. Grats.

fuck this dude I love the long stud look

what brand did you go for op and what kind of metal?

The tips are rounded for fast lug nut changes. Not going to cut them off, sorry. They look perfectly at home in motorsports environments.

They are 3-piece Panasports. It took me 3 years to source them. It was a fucking nightmare. They are the first and only 17" set known in BMW bolt pattern.

Panasport C8-17 (G7-C8S).

Front: 17 x 8.5 ET39
Rear: 17 x 10.5 ET10

Front: Nitto NT05 255/40/17
Rear: Nitto NT05 315/35/17

Cool.

Did you sell the OEM wheels?

Stancefags like to use two sets of rear wheels on e30/e36.

These are BMW folks basic choices: bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?2143782-Our-Wheel-Stud-Options-(mostly-inclusive)

There are only two or three acceptable options IMO, and at the time of purchase there was only one acceptable design. (It must have undercut threads and a shoulder, everything else is bullshit.)

I went with the BimmerWorld Premium Race studs.

bimmerworld.com/Premium-Race-Bulletnose-Wheel-Stud-92MM.html

I should have gone 92mm in back and 82mm up front but such is life...

I never thought I would ever be able to buy these Panasports, so I replaced the hideous OEM wheels with some nice concave Apex ARC-8 wheels. It also gave me a good idea of the specs I could run if I ever got to buy the wheels I really wanted.

I ended up selling those, and still have the OEM units to slap on in a emergency. I think I may eventually paint them purple/white so I can hate them less.

Surprisingly it looks great on Panasports
Your M Coupe S52 or S54?

Love the meaty rears. I bet it takes some doing to shake them loose in any gear other than first.

When did you get this car? Do you let people eat in it?

It's an S52, but I have very minimal S54-envy, if any.

I do have S65 envy though, and plans for one once I get the rear trunk floor reenforced, the rear shock towers reenforced, and true coil-overs installed. Then it will be time to look at the power side of the equation. ;)

The tires really transformed the car. I totally understand Miata guys now. They can just lay into the throttle and hold it through sweepers all day. I can do that now for half of Road Atlanta. It's pretty nuts. The car is over-tired for sure now.

I got the car 5 years ago from a woman who was selling it to start her own line of nail polish.

I let people eat in it. I let people drive it. My wife takes it out. It gets enjoyed.

S65 in an M coupe ya absolute madman lol

Supercharge it in the mean time or something, S52 is a gud motor

Nice car. I remember my first sports car. It was scary fast when vtec kicked in. Too bad bmw doesn't have vtec.

I personally don't like how it looks but I know it's a good car, love bimmers

Glad you found a car you love, the way the wheels and tires look in line with the body is great

Looks like something a Yoloswagfag would drive

It's under-stressed for sure. That's been real nice. I don't have to worry about it at all when I'm on the track, even before the oil cooler. It'll take whatever I give it.

I'd rather not go down the forced induction rabbit hole on this one. My 1994 Sentra SE-R makes 303 WHP running 9 psi. I've built a 475 WHP e30. Also a 450 WHP Sil-eighty S13... Forced induction has its place, but I'd like to keep this one N/A and I'd really like to see some higher revs.

Rear fenders rolled? Any rubbing?

How much did you pay for everything?

Yes, rears are rolled.
No rubbing in rear under normal circumstances. A little bit when accelerating hard (squatting) and hitting a bump.

The rear springs aren't nearly as stiff as I need them.

The front rubs a little bit more. 255 up front is super aggressive. I go back and forth thinking of solutions. It's fine on road and track, but parking garage ramps and shit are a little weird at full lock.

The car was an absolute steal at $14,000 before the prices went INSANE.

The wheels were $5,150 to my door. Everyone I know, even my most hard core car enthusiast friends all think I'm nuts for spending this money on wheels.

The Apex ARC-8 wheels were ~$1,000 but I sold those. The racing radiator and oil cooler ran me around $1,200.

There are a handful of other modifications and fixes and shit I've done. I think maybe another $5,000 or so. I do keep track of every penny I spend on the car, but I've hit on the major stuff.

hey clownshoe guy

its been ages since you last posted

im still jealous, and saving up for one like yours.

t. blue z3 guy

Hey! Get on that! What's your excuse?

mcoupebuyersguide.com/

im trying, man

i don't live in the US and there's only about 5 clownshoes in the country. (mexico)

Friends spotted this one a while back. 98' S50B32. Last saw it for sale 4 years ago for about 40k usd >:(

Non M clownshoes weren't sold here either. So i'll probably keep saving up until i can get that exact car hopefully for less. It's my dream car too!

Damn, it sounds like you have it rough in Mexico. At least you got the S50 though!

Keep the dream alive.

those wheels look great on it

yes!

no s54 envy here

Deffinately pricey though...

I've only seen pictures of that black one and an estroil blue one down in mexico city. Only time will tell which one i can hunt down first for an afforable price

I actually sold the Z3 about 8 months ago, i've got a boxster S now. It's nice; but i felt the driving position in the Z3 to be more comfortable for me. I'm not going back to BMW unless its a clownshoe

it looked good in certain angles, but in others it just looked atrocious. the tramlining was so severe i got rid of them and got a set of 17" Z4 wheels.

why those wheels on that car, it looks like poop

The hard top helps a good bit.

Awesome. Happy to hear all of that, good job

What would you prefer?

the pic of your Apex ARC-8 looked better

your dreams suck kid

I can't find the wheels I want for my car. I'd take a set of Weds Bavaria or SSR EX-C, 16x7 or 16x7-16x8 stagger set, 5x120. Where do you guys look for BMW size wheels?

japanese yahoo auctions

Good tip but not a lot of 5x120 over there, I'll bookmark it

Why a hatchback?

Best looking car ever made. The better question might be, why not a hatchback?

man I remember when you first posted this

still ugly as hell

it does way instain mother

Fuck these are cheap in murrica

I've only ever seen one for sale in ausland, it was 130k.

>track car with tire rub

Those wheels are a compromise bro

It doesn't rub on the track.
Try again.

That car doesn't make enough power for that stagger. Run a square setup and have more fun.

Unless your car makes 500+hp those sized wheels are useless.

fuck those wheels are ugly on your car. cultural appropriation at it's worst.

those wheels are ugly on that car too whats your point?

Why was it your dream to get a shitty car?

why is it your dream to shitpost

Very pretty user. I'm happy for you.

OP, I have a feeling we could be friends.

THICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MGB GTs run Minilites. Z cars run Panasports. Similar shapes all around. Why not run them on a German Z car?

The car is neutral on hot track days in the summer where I run. The fronts heat up and grip, the rears stay cool all day and grip similarly, and wear like iron.

Tell me again how the stagger isn't working for me.

I guess you missed the part where that kind of power is in the plans.

Brofist.

Because they look fat and unbalanced for no good reason.

Well I hate most BMWs, definitely not a fan of hatchbacks, and I have mixed feelings on Panasports but cool that you got what you want, and I can respect you for burning so much cash to get it. $5k for wheels? Fuck that.

How you you overcome driving a car while being legally blind?

There is no reason to run 315s in the rear with 300hp. None. Keep telling yourself "they stay cool" lies. You're doing it for looks and it doesn't even look good.

>Z cars run Panasports
Z cars usually have RS Watanabes, unless we're talking IMSA racecar

how big of a difference do tires make? I can get a sway bar for the price of one good tire and supposedly that would make a huge difference, they don't wear out either

Actually, they don't make narrower tires that would be the correct diameter. I'd have to go all the way down to 275s to get anything even close. Thanks for the concern though.

z4 coupe the only car id ever consider selling my 02 for. love it man!

Ok have fun dragging around the extra mass for no reason. It's only making your car slower.

Tell that to my lap times. They didn't seem to get the memo.

Don't sell the deuce, just add the Z4. Get in before they go silly like the Z3s.