How do I tell if the governor on my mower is broken without going through the pain in the ass of taking the thing apart?

How do I tell if the governor on my mower is broken without going through the pain in the ass of taking the thing apart?

Other urls found in this thread:

briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/faqs/browse/governor-system.html
youtu.be/VVn1kiZnldQ?t=735
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

if vtec doesn't kick in it's broke

if you can brap the throttle and rev it to the moon it's broken
no guarantees your blade won't snap and cut your foot off

I don't really see the point of gas mowers anymore, modern battery powered mowers are great, they'll even use the same batteries as your tools

If your lawn is really so big that a modern electric can't get the job done then you'll probably need a riding mower

When I cut the grass I do it fucking fast. Even my mighty Briggs 6.5 at full throttle bogs down in the thick shit. Electric just doesn't cut it for me, literally.

Look at a service drawing of the engine and see what linkage is connected to the governor. If the plastic protruding piece is all floppy then the governor is probably fucked.

Max torque all of the time with electric

What engine

waitaminute, not only do you have to write to your governor to tell them your lawnmower is broken, you gotta prove it to them by taking it apart??? what kind of backward-ass state do you live in, OP?

>land of the free

Yea but then you dont get to tinker with a simple as fuck briggs 2 stroke and feel like a rocket scientist.

Most governors on lawnmowers are just tension springs on the carb, you should be able to see if it's there or working correctly with out having to take it apart

Read this.
briggsandstratton.com/na/en_us/support/faqs/browse/governor-system.html
and some youtube videos
shits not complicated, worst comes to worse you end up back here. Also try asking diy, theres a small engine fag that lirks there who helped fix my stihl 64.

Ironically that Makita mower is probably the worst one out there. I know it's nice to be able to share batteries with you other tools, but that thing is a turd

notice how the marketing wank never discloses the power of electric battery mowers just the voltage.
a decent corded mower is about 1300W a shitty walmart gas mower makes 2600-2800W and costs under $150

Call me old school, but I think its blasphemous to have anything cordless other then a drill and impact driver.

Plant clover+dwarf grass and be done with it.

Only needs mowed because of the dwarf fescue filling it out, and then you're not even mowing once a week. Since you don't have to mow as often you can get away with an electric mower. Plant pure clover and never bother, as it'll just look like a meadow instead of a golf course if you neglect it.

Only boomers with a life supply of roundup in their shed still fall for the lawn meme.

Yeah you're pretty old school, modern lithium batteries and brushless motors are amazing

and it's hardy enough for sports fields. don't fall victim to the grass jew.

>cordless impact driver

how does your cordless air impact work?

Plenty of angry pixies

Agreed, Ive been using the new makitas for a while now. I still dont want cordless circ saws and the such. I like to have things set up yesterday, waiting for batteries is torture.
You know what im talking about, also fuck off with your clover, that shits killed many of my calfs over the years. I have a personal fucking vendatta against it, aswell as karaka and rhodadendron.

If your cows are anywhere near my lawn, I'll shoot them and drag their corpses back to the shed long before they have a chance to die from eating clover.

How the fuck are my calfs gonna get inside your mums basement? Also in order to shoot a cow one must be hasguns.

My dad lets me borrow his 30-06 and my mum is too poor for a basement so i live in the garage

checkmate aetheists

Your Dad is disapointed in you.

youtu.be/VVn1kiZnldQ?t=735

Is there nothing hipsters cant ruin?

At least he seems to be a commit old cunt hipster that sticks by it and can properly explain it.

As opposed to meme fad posts on twitter.

I guess, he sorta reminds me of all the gransfors fags polluting /out/

i really want to mow that faggot's dumb lawn

And then there's this guy that straight up skipped rel mowers