Which degree is the greater ROI: engineering or law?

Which degree is the greater ROI: engineering or law?

Law can be a massive failure for many, it's oversaturated

engineering + law + finance = gg

whatever you're good at and actually passionate about is guaranteed to be profitable in one way or another

asking yourself which major has better ROI is setting yourself up for mediocrity.

I'm actually lined up to do law, but I'm seriously considering switching. I want to dedicate my time to studying, not meeting professors for a good rec letter or joining an ungodly amount of organizations to have an impressive resume. I think I like the idea of law but not the practice. If I don't really have a passion for either, I think engineering might be better for me.

>Law
If you go to a T14 law school or learn through the military JAG programs
>Engineering
ONLY if you can make a good GPA in your major-related classes. Law students can get away with low Law scores as long as they kill the LSAT and BAR (doesnt make up for shit grades though, just average ones), engineers without experience are judged on their grades in school

Jesus, you have no motivationif you think getting into a good lawschool is hard.

>Requirement 1
3.5 GPA or greater
>Requirement 2
170 to 180 on the LSAT

Satisfy both and you statistically have a 50% to get into Harvard regardless of your soft Resume boosters like organizations and such

GPA and LSAT are your god in the pre-law school world of education, STUDY YOUR ASS OFF UNTIL YOU HATE LIFE AND THEN STUDY SOME MORE

And then you make bank in a fun job

I was close atleast

Engineering is similar in some aspects.
>you need to develop and maintain a good relationship with lecturers so as to not get fucked
>must join your degrees corresponding organisation
>very math heavy, multiple types of math too, not just pure mathematics
>many engineering disciplines subject to automation
>most graduate engineers dont get paid as good as you think, unless you've come straight out of MIT
Not trying to scare you, just trying to prepare you

Graduate degree in applied math + some finance & economics background + a large portfolio of programming projects = the world is my fucking bitch and I've got my cock shoved down her throat

>And then you make bank in a fun job
Fun job?

Litigation:
>"Comb through these 28 boxes of discovery documents and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

Corporate:
>"Comb through these 28 boxes of due diligence material and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

Environmental:
>"Comb through these 28 boxes of expert test results and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

Tax:
>"Comb through these 28 volumes of IRS guidance sheets and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

IP:
>"Comb through these 28 box of patent applications and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

Real Estate:
>"Comb through these 28 boxes of title searches and summarize in a five page memo. No, your name will not be on the memo. It's due on Monday morning."

Etc., etc., etc.

some people find joy in minecraft, so

>be you
>suck at posted job
>have terrible people skills
>get handed shitty assignments

Whats the ROI on an IR degree, Veeky Forums?

Do you have intergovt agency/embassy connections? Are you a freakish people person? If yes then skys the limit

If not then english major tier

What if i am good at all round multidiscpilanry research

Both are for plebs. Healthcare fields are what smart people go into.

White coat > suit and tie

engineering. law is imploding, a lot of the junior work (which used to pay well) is being absorbed by software. if you are decent at math and have a good work ethic, you can become a decent engineer (50-70k starting depending on the type and location)

>>have terrible people skills
>>get handed shitty assignments

>He thinks having "people skills" gets associates better work assignments.

law is a huge meme
don't even try it unless your daddy has a spot for you reserved at his firm

>2017

>not knowing law is oversaturated and shitty

kys. enginnrering is fine

Engineering is even more oversaturated and shitty.

kys. marketing is fine

Now THIS is shitposting. Look at some statistics. Marketing is the most oversaturated business degree and to limited returns at that. Engineers will always be employable.