I'm thinking about either getting a sports bike or a Harley Davidson... which one should I get...

I'm thinking about either getting a sports bike or a Harley Davidson... which one should I get? I'm the best of both worlds...

Harley roadster is a good compromise between the two.

Do you want to look like a middle-aged wannabe criminal? Buy a Harley.
Do you want to look like a man who is going to be maimed or killed if he fucks up? Buy a sports bike.

I'm going with sports myself. Harleys are fat and slow, and I like going around corners. I also look absurd on a large bike because I'm tall and skinny.
I don't much care about the risk of death. Not like I have much to live for anyway.

Ape hangers?

Harley is honestly the only acceptable motorcycle company. Why get nip plastic garbage when you can have superior American iron

because i dont wanna spend 20k on something that has worse performance and breaks down more

Ahh, the ol poorfag defence. Nice!

>N'tok, should you not put on your protective gear before you ride your motorbike?
>Of what do you speak, J'bai? Can you not see I am already wearing my shotgun holster?

>Literally

X S R 9 0 0
S
R

Japanese sportbikes are overbuilt and overengineered. Thick forks, ultra-rigid frames and swingarms, extended life bearings, and engines that will roll over the odometer three times because they're meant to endure the stress of high-revving track riding for their service life, and most owners don't even break 7kRPM more than once a week. The only disadvantage is that they use solid lifters to be able to endure high RPMs at all, so you need to check the valves and replace the shims every 15-20k miles or so.

Harleys, on the other hand, are so underengineered that police are nervous about using them because their dated chassis designs can't even corner without wobbling and crashing. They break down as often as ducatis, which are honestly very well designed, but poorly assembled. I recall something about the italians and some really soft valve guides. Yeah, you'll never do the hydraulic lifters on a harley because the valves are out of clearance. But you WILL do them because something else broke that was never intended to be a service item and shart golden flakes in your oil.

Or, consider the third option. The motherfucking honda holdwing. They're tanks, literally and figuratively. And they cost as much as harleys for a damn good reason. Honda isn't charging because it's made in wherever or has the word "honda" on the side, they're charging $20k because it is the single most overbuilt bike in existence and they have more creature comforts than cars that cost twice as much.

>poser
harley
>completely honest about the fact that you never ride more than 20 minutes at a time
sportbike
>completely honest about only riding in straight lines
dedicated touring bike
>real motorcyclistâ„¢
sports tourer or naked bike
>ascended being
suzuki vanvan 200
>the lowest form of life
honda grom/ruckus

Jesus fuck you're dumb

That's a funny way to say "right".

Never known a harley with more than 30k on the clock that didn't need a swingarm bearing. Never heard of a well kept japanese bike needing one unless the owner was best friends with a pressure washer and kept their bike outside in the winter.

The only thing Japan doesn't do well is stock new OEM parts.

inb4 you knew a squid who did 10k mile oil changes with conventional and replaced his CCT with a manual one and magically grenaded the engine

Enjoy not knowing wtf you're talking about. :D

Tell me more about your harley with a whopping 10k on the odometer that has never let you down then

inb4 it's a twin cam
inb4 you don't own one, have never owned a modern harley, and don't know anybody who has one and actually puts miles on it

Damn son, you are salty as fuck! Did a Harley fuck your dad or something? Or you just super Veeky Forums cool maymay guy.

Please, cry more

Tell me more about your harley bro! I'm sure everything is working perfectly and is still under warranty!

:D. Found a puc of you

>assuming I have a Harley
Keep reaching buddy.

Why not a mix of the two? Cruiser sound and a cruiser reminiscient look, but more rev happy and with sportier seating and handling.

>inb4 your part of the world didn't get them

>shilling harleys
>doesnt own one
Oh
It's retarded

why not Indian?

i have a 1991 harley with 100000kms on it

even my hondas don't last that long

Listen bud, it's not edgy to hate harley. They haven't had any competition for decades and it shows.

I'm not even a cruiser hater. I sold a VFR750 with 70,000ish on it last year and started putting money away for a scout.

Gonna buy one in cash in about three months

>life without carbs
it's going to be great

Stay mad, friend :)

Cool story bro!

>This

I'm waiting for the day when Harley riders get so old they need a 4th wheel...

>harleys break down
I can't say they're not overly expensive but my old man loves harleys to death and had more than 50. He keeps telling me a carbed 1340 blockhead will go to the world's end without a hitch, which I can easily believe since they never rev ever.
Where does this funny meme come from? Has post-90's harley gone to shit in quality?