Alright, gonna buy one of these cars. Which one would you recommend?

Alright, gonna buy one of these cars. Which one would you recommend?

None. Get a used Mustang GT

I think the miata looks the best, so if I were to ever purchase any of those 3 cars I'd get the miata.

Holden GTO

>american pigfat
no thanks
for looks, I'm torn between the rf and the 86, but I love honda (not excited about the loss of vtech for turbo but I've heard good things)

>FWD
>Slow
>SLOWER THAN A MINIVAN
Try again OP.

But the mustang GT is faster than all of those cars (on the track too)

it's also ford and I refuse to ever buy another ford

>I'm too retarded to fix a car

wrong, I just don't want to have to keep fixing their bullshit.

What are you going to use it for?

short commutes (about 40 minutes during traffic hours) and fun on the weekends (some mountain roads)

Test drive the rf and 86 to see which one you like more. I would give plus points to the rf for looks and convertible though.

Don't get the civic. If you want an si, just get any version from 2006 and up because they are all the same, and some would argue the pre turbo ones are better because no lag.

>Sub 200hp
>Torque dip
>Fun

86 or miata. I'd get 86

RF. It's a stunner and drives wonderfully.

does it truly feel like an extension of your body?

>I'm retarded enough to buy a brand new car and be okay with it needing repairs

Just test drove a 2017 Civic Si last Monday and own a 2009 Si. This is pretty much spot on. It was one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. Completely numb clutch, lots of turbo lag, literally zero exhaust noise, and no faster than the old ones.

two small sportscars or your dad's mid size honda?

Are you sure you know what you want in the first place?

the si is least in the running, I'm mostly just hoping for a fit si or a crx revival t b q h

Why are you asking for our approval?

Go test drive them all and buy what you like the most.

OP are you me? I literally had the exact same dilemma a month ago.

Miata is great but easily the least practical and really squishy inside
Si is fun but is not gonna age well, consider the coupe over the sedan
I went for the 86 cause it was the best mix of fun and some practicality, decent trunk, can theoretically store 4 adults, and handles great

because I'm seeing if anyone has experience with any, and this thread has shown that there is experience

Yeah, even moreso than my old S2000 was. I haven't tried yabusame in it yet tho.

My fellow Veeky Forums user, Veeky Forums does not have any experience with new or nice things.

The 86 of course. It's the only proper car of the three.

>I enjoy buying a car with shit quality manufacturing so I can fix it constantly and pretend Im a mechanic super stud

this
this is how every ford made since 2007 has been

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS MIATA

the 124 spider, I actually have no idea but its a nicer looking MX-5 so

3k civic or a mustang gt. It's that good.

> vtech

there's no h

Mustang gt/SS
Jdm is dead

mustang ss?

There was / in between

>jdm is dead
>top selling cars in the us are the camry, corrola, and civic

You act like most people on o will consider those cars

>moving goal posts

Beta nu-males, not even once.

>muh lightweight

get fucked

>3 seconds you shave on a laptime are worth the worse fuel economy, higher insurance, double cost of oil per oil change, more expensive tires, etc

not even worth engaging with him. he's a triggered mustang fanboy

Look mang, you either like to have fun on your daily commute, or just putt around town using 1% of your power

>implying i drive a mustang

nice try, i just like to have more than 200 hp in a car i'm spending my own money on

Well you think all that V8 POWAH would be enough to beat a Miata better than that

to all the mustang fags itt, it was never an option and it costs more than all of the choices. why do you have to infect every thread with your american dick swinging. mustangs haven't good for years. get over it

>muh mustang
Nobody wants those ford shitpiles

86 is the better DD, miata is the better weekend car.
>t. having the new 86 in exact that color

Those are all manufactured in the west you stupid fucking retard.

lmao do you even know what JDM means?

The Camry and Corolla you usually see picking your peers in your school district are VASTLY different from ones in Japan. For starters, there's no Camry in Japan.

Learn what an acronym means before you come off as a complete spastic.

For the money go with the Civic SI.

If you want a car you will have tons of fun in for how long you own it? Go with the Miata RF or Toyota 86. Just test the cars and go with the one you like the most.

Civic Si

M I A T A
I S
A L W A Y S
T H E
A N S W E R

No Focus or Fiesta ST?

H Y U N D A I G E N E S I S C O U P E

bawhahahahahahahahhaha

>b-but my gay miata is so much fun and fast hahaha and light
bawhahahahaha

miat RF

in that price range he should be looking at a Type R, not an SI

370z is much better looking

>not get the new toyota corolla gt.
>286hp
>300lbs
>awd
>6 speed manual
>0-60 in 5.8 sec

What a waste of quads, holy shit.

>buying memes

civic
>fwd 4 door car
lol fucking no
ND
>1ton, as light as fucking MRS
>well known bloodline
>fast enough
>very agile
Get it if you're fine with 2 seats

GT86
>bit heavier than miat
>bit more powerful than miat, aka fast enough
>handling god machine
>driver mod+rubber lets you keep up with 911's
get it if you're okay with two fake seats.

I don't trust Ford anymore t b h

>short commute
>40 minutes
>short

Damn it user, if I floor it I can make to work in 10 minutes. That's from leaving my house to punching in. Sometimes I drive around so it takes me a bit longer to get there.

I grew up in the bay area of Cali. 40 minutes feels short to me

can those even be had at MSRP tho?

Fixing a blown transmission sounds like fun senpai

nope, that's why it isn't in my selection

>if you're okay with two fake seats
Don't make it sound like the rear seats are useless.

Quads confirm penis windows a best car

As a Honda fanboy I can not recommend the new Civic Si.
The car is comfortable but Honda should be ashamed to put an Si badge on it, it's just not fun without the high redline.

none
get an E55 AMG
>perfect for trips
>450+ hp
>500+ nm torks
>perfect for mountain roads
>cheap and reliable if you dont get a shitty one

>he doesn't exclusively buy memes
baka

i think the miata has superior looks, and its a fuckin blast to drive. get the miata

Same dilemma as you OP. I like all cars and am debating the pros and cons all in my head. Im really loving the new ND but it seems too impractical as an only car...
Which one strikes you as your favorite?

I think I'm leaning 86 right now. I already own a 91 CRX, and it would be fine to have the Miata as the rex has tons of room in the back for carrying around shit.

So go for the MX-5 then.

All other things being equal, if I lived in a good climate, Miata all day.

Also see if you can talk a dealer into letting you keep a car for an extended period OP. My current car, they let me have for a day, so I got to commute in it, take it out for a fun drive during my lunch hour, etc. Really what sold me on the car.

Mustang GT would lap any of those cars on the most complex tracks fyi

>MEMES
try again

>buy civic
>insurance is more than car payment

What car did you end up getting?

Im leaning towards 86 as well. Styling has really really grown on me and its far more practical than the miata. I also really like the civic si coupe despite the fact that theres no more vtec as its better equipped than the 86 and miata at a cheaper price. Im overthinking life too much right now...

>I'm not sure if you're a upset FWD fanboi, a mazda cuck, or that worthless slow POS that gets passed by a V6 camry on the interest but I guess it really doesn't matter.

Liar

86 for the memes

All of them are faster than your 3k civic with a few simple mods

I went with the BRZ over the Miata because it was slightly more practical. If you don't need the extra space, just test drive both and see which you like more.

Eh, any of them should be OK. Honda isn't exactly what they used to be, Mazda I think has the best reliability of those pictured. The Toyobaru had head gasket problems, dunno if they fixed them or not.

out of all three
>civic
practical and still kinda fun
>miata
155 hp lol, slower than the meme slow car, only upside is the droptop which is stupid unless your a girl or a pensioner
>gt86
cool drifto car if ur into that, faster than all 3, especially with a turbo or some shit, rice from the factory plus people with fast cars will laugh at your meme automobile

The Miata feels faster than it is with the top down and it weighs nothing so you can do some seriously stupid shit in it. It's the definition of a momentum car. That said it's shit on the highway and you will die taking it to its insane limits anywhere else. The only thing better that I've driven is a lotus elan and that's 1500 pounds of engine and an i-beam with seats.

There is no way you're older than 14 based on this post

what shit opinions
why should I care if some autist laughs at my car?

The Miata is actually slightly faster than the 86 in both 0-60 and around most tracks, but they're so close that it doesn't matter unless you're benchracing.

instead ill just buy some shitty 200hp 4 banger that wont be remembered in 10 years

camry and corrola are out of the question, but top selling sports cars are the mustang GT and Camaro SS nice try kiddo

Yeah, who would ever remember one of those?