What does Veeky Forums think about it as a first car? Gen 8 to be exact

What does Veeky Forums think about it as a first car? Gen 8 to be exact
Is 2.4 150HP going to be any fast or would it be slow anyway?

You'll be slower than my first car Sam you sack of shit

garbage. get a civic for 3k.

I would rather still use buses

>is this shitbox any good
>no. buy this shitbox that's actually good
>hurr durr i'd rather take the bus

Civics are ugly, boring and common

gallants just fucking suck ass. You're retarded and so is anyone else who replies to this thread after me.

you know why they're common? because they sold a lot because they're good. A galant is rarer because they didn't sell as many because they were shit. Any car can be fun. It's all in your mindset. A tossable 2500lb civic that likes to rev is more fun than a heavier, probably automatic shitsubishi. Common isn't bad. Parts are plentiful.

The only Galant worth a damn was the VR-4. Also known as the Grandpa Evo.

Come on kid don't get a fucking Galant. Get something with heritage like a civic or miata

Okey, thanks for some more normal answers
As I said earlier, I don't really like civics and i think miata isn't considerable since besides it looking gay, it's cabriolet with rwd and I live in a country with ton of snow

>Looking gay
Why do you go ahead and get an iroc then you fucking hillbilly

>Get something with heritage like a civic or miata

You gotta be shitting me

fast? yes,
accelerate? No.

hell yea.. that VR-4 has some big balls.. couldn't believe when a rental car place at the airport had this. I drove the fuck out of that beast. But I am sure its shit now, Mitsubishi anything never last.

I didn't like civics either until I drove one. If you threw some good tires on it it's fun on a tight road.

Irocs are cool as fuck u yuppy

The thing is that I want something fast and rather reliable and Civic is far from fast

A galant isn't fast.

>1300kg
>150bhp

That's quite fast, probably does 0-60 in under 9 secs

3.0L version is

Depends on to what you compare I guess, if it's like said then that's pretty fast compared to other options at my budget

Galants are shit. Unreliable, and shitty to work on. Listen when we say get something else. Don't have to listen to the civic fags, but don't get a galant

Then what could serve as an alternative?
A fast sedan, reliable in snow

What exactly is your budget then?

Almost all sedans (and their estate counterparts) could do well in snow, with the right tires of course. Personally, and this is subjective and other anons will give me shit, Subarus are reasonably fast and have AWD standard. Id imagine it wont be hard to find a Legacy for less than 5k

My budget is 2k but I could increase it to 3/4k
Also I'm living in Europe so some cars are way cheaper (or the other way around) than in America

Friend has a galant and yes it's fucking slow.

>japanese
>2.4L 150hp
Wtf is this shit, a golf 4 could pull 150hp from a 1.8 while it's a VAG. Get a volvo 940 if you want a 2.4L, the high pressure turbo version has 190hp on 1400kg and you'll get a luxurious euro landbarge

Then get a fucking twingo.

You imply Galants aren't.

The 2.4 is the Chrysler engine, no?

I'm not implying, I didn't know and that's one of the reasons why I made this thread

>Mitsubishi is unreliable and shitty to work on
>posts awd car with paper gaskets and an awkward engine

What did he mean by this?

A clean first gen Mazda 6

but are you talking about normal Subarus as relatively fast or WRX? Since there's no way I can afford the second