How come Veeky Forums doesn't talk more about this car?

How come Veeky Forums doesn't talk more about this car?

Fix
It
Again
Tony

Feels very cheap in person, it's very expensive for what it is, too big as well

>Feels very cheap in person
literally goes against every review of it that's been published

I sat in one and it felt good to me. Comfier than the MX-5, more laid back cruiser feeling.

Most reviews are fake and made for you to buy cars.

Reviewers are shit.

I should start a car review channel, but then nobody would want to lease me their cars because 80% of modern cars are plastic shit and also very overpriced

Go ahead and start one then

It's literally a Miata with different body panels and the only reliable engine Fiat makes. The interiors are identical right down to the infotainment system

Test drove one, felt very very nice. Handled like a go kart, sat low and good seating position, clutch was exceptionally easy, gas pedal had a lot of weight to it, shifter was strange at first being square but ended up liking it a lot felt very knobby and notchy. The only thing I didn't like was the infotainment system, I see that thing out of the corner of my eye and thought a tablet/phone was about to fall over when I went in corners so I'd freak out and grab it. Also the interface itself was confusing, took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to get into the radio and scan stations while driving.

But Mazda's system is one of the nicest ones, it's a clone of Mercedes COMAND that they've been using for over 15 years. The knob just works versus a garbage touchscreen or touchpad

I was trying to use the knob, it should be noted that I've never used any infotainment system up to that point and was trying to figure it out between stop lights. The scan feature was strange, I kept hitting it but it wouldn't actually switch stations but instead fm1 fm2 ect iirc.

In all honesty your problem seems to be more along the lines of your unfamiliarity with technology in cars newer than 2005. You must be a pretty old dude.

Dick around with it while parked for like 10 minutes and it'll feel like second nature pretty quickly, you should be able to use it with just a glance versus always having to look down with a touch screen
But I'm more familiar with the Mercedes system and they use a haptic knob that stops spinning at the ends of menus, don't know of the Mazda system does that too

Though I will agree that when I first used COMAND I was confused as fuck

Or only drove shitboxes

I'm a computer science graduate, in high school (8 years ago) I did some BPA hardware/software test where i qualified for nationals. I'd say the issue was learning a completely new interface in a new car in heavy traffic in an unfamiliar area and driving stick. So I could only do it at lights and by the time I'd make some headway, it was time to start moving again. So every light was like square one.

Parked would have been a good idea but it was too much fun driving it, couldn't sit still for more than 5 minutes lol. Car overall was fantastic though, nav is apparently a dealer option though which is kinda fucking dumb. Pay them to unlock a feature on a big ass screen...no thanks.

Veeky Forums talks about it all of the time.

Infotainment systems as a whole, suck. Unless it is a tablet or something programmed for cars specifically they all universally suck compared to buttons and shit

>I'm a computer science graduate
There is your problem desu. You spent years of your life learning obsolete programming languages when all the cool kuds use premade scripts

It's good. There's not much else to talk about. Literally what Veeky Forums has asked for for years. If the 818 didn't have my heart I'd be hard pressed between a gt86 or a Fiata.

What's your point? When I was doing CS idiots couldn't figure out the 20 gear old stereo in my shitbox Boxster

t. Wannabe boomer

>caring about infotainment interface

Bluetooth link your phone and control everything from there like a normal person, retard.

The point is you come across something new in less than ideal circumstances and expect it to work like normal, you're in for a surprise. Are you old enough for the transition of 2d games to 3d? You WANT to say you learned navigation in that stuff right away but guarantee you didn't. But once you figured you super mario 64, you figured out the rest. Going from "I turn the dial and the radio changes" to "I gotta select the menu on this screen using this dial, then select what I want it to do on this selection, then apply the change" without looking is a big jump on your first encounter. After it, yea can do it easily.

>fiat

I'll tell you why

>Be me waiting for friend at car meet
>He shows up in his fiat
>Fiat gets a lot of shit on here and I want to know why
>I ask friend if I can drive his fiat
>He tells me to go for it
>I get in his car and there's a bad smell, smells almost like rotten eggs
>Ask friend and he says it's cause he needs to clean the car
>So I start the car and put it into reverse
>Friend stops me and asks what I'm doing
>I tell him I'm backing out the spot
>Friend tells me I'm using the shifter wrong
>Confused as fuck I ask him to show me how to shift
>I get out the car and my friend stands up on the seats
>I ask him why he's standing on the seats and he says just watch
>He then proceeds to pull down his shorts and squats over the shifter spreading his ass cheeks
>The knob gently pierces his asshole as he tells me this is how you shift
>He proceeds to do burnouts in the parking lot as he shifts gears smoothly with his tightly clenched asshole
>I'm astonshied by this but now I see why Veeky Forums likes the fiat so much, I've never seen a car shift so smoothly before with nothing but a tight asshole

Because it's yuropoorean trash?

That's literally my point though, if I have to interact with an interface I'd rather just use my phone and push buttons for things like hvac and audio controls

Just use steering wheel controls you tards

I really wish infotainment had the option of just fucking mirroring your phone's screen in larger format.

because race mixing is bad

whites & blacks will never get along, it's genetic

But this is Japs and blacks and that usually a good thing.

Go learn geometry, retard. You can't fit a square peg in a round hole.

Steering wheel controls don't control the heater, they don't control an eq, they don't control where the air flows and they don't control whether or not I want audio on.

i-i didn't expect that.

>what is Android Auto

I can't tell if you are trolling or one of those guys from that movie idiotacracy

Pretty sure we're talking about Mazda here and not Tesla's abortion of an infotainment system

This is now Roadster General. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

I want to own a Triumph Spitfire Mark IV someday. what could I be in for?

what about anal fisting genious?

Lurk moar

>he thinks fists are shaped like this

Nice shitpost. Is it summer already?

There's a little bit of Ainadick in all of us, friends.

Why didn't they paint the hood to match the rest of the car? Why did they paint the side mirrors and that one random piece of trim under the bumper red? What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Also can't state enough how good this shifter was. You could queef on it from second gear and it'd be in third. The clutch was linear and lifted like a virgin with a foot fetish.

Its a 1k option and is a throwback to the original 124, along with the double bumps on the hood. On the old one, it was their way to show off dohc.

Funny thing is that it's using the NC Miata's tranny, just goes to show how well made it was

I'm talking about all systems.

Unironically, Tesla is actually pretty good. You either have to go full tablet or not at all

Yup. Wish it used hydraulic steering still instead of electronic :( it's subjectively superior to the ND imo (mainly the aesthetics, handled a bit better than ND when I test drove both and want turbo for dat ez tune) but that would make it objectively superior.

This. I read a bunch of reviews that talked about how premium the Dodge Durango interior was. Top fucking kek. It was a plastic nightmare. Every time you touched something it creaked.

Local dealership has a brand new 124 Abarth, exact color, exact options that I want.

Been sitting here all day arguing with myself on whether I should go over and stroke a check for it or not.

Do it if you want it mang. I tried a few months ago but got denied financing with a 760 credit score and pay stubs showing I can make the payments easily. Was a sad boye. Gonna try again in a few months, shit they still got the car I was trying to get so gonna offer them a lot less since they're clearly not doing good at selling it.

It was pretty hyped on this board before it was released, then in typical Fiat fashion, they found some way to fuck it up.

Holy Fuck LPG sighting.

>tales from the dealership: final edition

When?

Since when was lpg back??

I'd rather have a Mazda engine in my Miata than a Fiat shitpile in my Miata.

I prefer how the ND looks, especially the RF
Engine-wise, stock for stock i'd take mazda's 2.0 over the 1.4.

wait what, how did you get denied with credit like that?

They said because most of my credit activity was in the past year, which they're right. New apartment, I did tires on credit just for the credit and a few other things. I don't have a credit card and never have, so most of my stuff is from moving apartments, buying my car, tires, and a few other bigger purchases that have decent gaps in them.

This is true. You can't walk into a dealership and just finance 30k with no credit history to do with an installment loan.

Soon. No BS this time. I'm taking several days of PTO here at the end of the week, will finally give me time for
>Tales From The Dealership: The Lost Chapters

I'm still around, just more lurking than posting these days

AWWWWWWWW YES.

Can't wait dude, hope the new job is going well for you.

>hope the new job is going well for you.
Pretty kick ass, loving it so far, although managing a workforce primarily comprised of millennials and washed up boomers makes me wanna kick a baby at least twice a week

>1.4-litre MultiAir Turbo engine
If you could get it with 2.0 from the Mazda I would have already bought it.

I can say having test driven both the Fiat engine is much more fun in everyday driving. Granted I know "fun" is a dirty word on Veeky Forums

dunno

I went test driving 124 abarth and it was just one huge lag hole.

I like engines that need high revs but this was something fucking else.

>fun

kys

Why do yuropoors put fucking 1.4l in "sports" cars? Americans put that shit in lawnmowers. Guess low test euros cant handle the displacement

I'm a millennial who just started working in auto refi and I am done with boomers.

Also flagship customers are on point my dude. Easy as fuck to load with product

>compensating this much
>caring about what other people do

You bring shame on your flag user

So this is how I look at it. If I buy a 124, It's essentially going to be a daily (50/50 split between it and my E Class)

For a daily, it passes the three tests I needed to pass

1.)It feels quick (to me) zipping around town and on I-40

2.)It's fun to throw around a back road/take to the mountains

3.)It's more comfortable than the ND

God. This company is FINALLY pushing it sales force into the modern era. All their old ordering/demo/scheduling platforms are going to digital platforms, and so long as you have a basic understanding of how to use a smartphone and a laptop/tablet, it's literally no problem. They even gave all the salespeople nice Lenovo Yoga Book tablets. It's literally 30 minutes of watching someone walk you through the menu trees.

They are literally having to threaten the jobs of some of these boomers because they are either fucking it up so bad/or flat out refusing to use the new platforms.

I thought I remember you being from central NC. I bet I could guess the company you work for based on your description of the sales force, hahaha (I've worked in the tech industry and lived in the area for quite a while).

We should have an NC Veeky Forums meet up at one of the breweries around town.

Cancer

Do it faggot

>Handled like a go kart
I have a Miata with springs roughly 3x firmer than stock. After a go-kart session, it feels like a Camry.

They don't feel like go-karts.

>stops spinning at the ends of menus, don't know of the Mazda system does that too
It does. It's not great compared to non-car tech, but I like it more than almost any other car manufacturers' systems. Other than entering addresses, it doesn't require touching the screen (looking at you, Honda), which means you can do it without taking your eyes off the road.

Everything feels like a hovercraft after a just driving a go-cart.

Based Mazda. If you're gonna copy may as well copy the best

It's basically a Miata with an Abarth colorway.

Except for you know, the Fiat engine

turbo for fuel """"""""""""""""""economy""""""""""""""""""" while the miata is actually one of the most fuel efficient car you can get.

It's for torque and power. A flash tune and the engine is making over the 200bhp reliably

An easy car to fix. I suggest updating the carbs and ignition system if it has the factory stuff.

I use my ND for a 45 mile each way commute on the interstate with rolling hills (1 mile uphill, 1 mile downhill) at 75mph cruise control
currently averaging 37.6mpg, just went over 25k miles
on road trips I regularly sit well above 40mpg