Who else here drives a manual and is fucking annoyed by all the gear changes...

Who else here drives a manual and is fucking annoyed by all the gear changes? I felt like murdering the clutch in yesterday's stop-and-go traffic.
Sure, manual is fun if you feel like racing, but how often do you race in day to day traffic.
Just hand me an automatic for /comfy/living

I've never once felt this way. In fact, I can't stand driving auto, even in traffic. Maybe you're just not driving manual right, OP

depends on where you live. They suck in traffic but I like them for weekend driving.

I drive the busiest highway in North America every day but I never feel this way, the stress is related to the situation, not the driving. Maybe you're just impatient or lazy. Manual even adds spice to the boring situation

Traffic is just shitty in general.

7/10 troll. Bretty alright.

False-flagging is shitposting and against global rules 3 and 6.

Yup. Never owned an automatic car.
Have driven around every major metro area on the east coast, and wouldn't trade that 3rd pedal for anything... even when im bumper to bumper on a beltway somewhere.

Thread's srs. I hate letting the clutch burn to get in gear. my gearbox is fucking scuffed as well. Sometimes it takes the gear like an old whore, sometimes it's like trying to break through the hymen of a virgin and it just won't take the damn gear, forcing me to leave it in idle and increase that brake fading, when I'm at like 10 miles it suddenly takes the gear. (yes, I use gear changes as a brake to keep down brake tear)

If you're trying to get into first, double clutch.

If I had to commute to wagecuck jerb in a big city, I'd get an autotragic, OP. There's just no point in that setting driving manuel.

I have never been inside an automatic car.
German

Ah. In that case, it just sounds like your particular car has a shitty tranny. I'm in stop and go traffic all the time in my manual car and changing gears isn't really something I'm fully concious of doing. Sorry for your situation, man.

I think it mostly depends on the car.

I had an e39 automatic and it was the ultimate chill-and-cruise machine.

now I've got a W30 mr2. I'm sorry, but even in the city, that car would super suck as an automatic.

Don't get me started on city driving with a manual. I live in Athens, Greece. The place is an urban-hellscape.

I've only owned manual cars since I got my license 10 years ago, but I'm about to buy my first automatic car for traffic. I drive 1500 miles a week on average, sometimes more. It doesn't bother me, even in light traffic, but when you get caught sitting in deadlock crawling for an hour it sucks. I still have another manual car and a motorcycle, but my new daily is gonna be auto. If I hate it I'll just sell it and switch back.

The dearth of vocative case commas is becoming an epidemic. Hint: There should be a comma before "you fat shit".

If I had a wage slave commute I would've gotten auto. But luckily I always find jobs that go on the opposite side of the flow of traffic so it's no issue.

>implying people who own businesses can't get stuck in traffic

Because wagecucks run that shit. Roight m8?

I'm not even a native speaker and it pisses me off. The worst part is, there's nothing I can do about America's failing school system.

Yeah I dont likedriving transmission simply because I need my hand free to text and hold my phone. I don't like constantly having to put it down to switch gears

>How often do you race in day to day traffic?
Every day, you fucking sister. I'm always racing around to and from work.

This desu, first gear doesn't have synchros so you have to clutch in, neutral, clutch out, gas, clutch in, first gear

I prefer a smooth comforable drive over some near misses. Thanks.

I was talking about 3rd and 2nd gear. 1st one goes fine 90% of the time.

>using correct grammar is autism

This world is going down the toilet I swear

I'm annoyed by it too. I'm planning to buy a hybrid for a daily driver too (Civic, Accord, or Avalon). Though I'm leaning towards a hatchback so I'd probably get a Prius.

I'll leave the standard transmission for autocross/rallycross on my weekend car.

amazes me how the country that put a man on the moon can't operate a manual gearbox

Just skip gears when you're feeling lazy.. I often shift from 1-3 3-5 and never really need 6th gear for my work commute. That's 2 fucking shifts to get up to highway speeds...

We used that shit for years then evolved, like normal people. A 50hp diesel manual doesn't make you smart by any metric. When america releases a manual sports everybody cries because it's 0.001 seconds faster than a "flappy paddle" $300k supercar. Typical Veeky Forums always contradicting it's self.

Wow ur so kewl
An amerikan driving standerd
Wow like a racecor driver

*slower

OP you're just a double faggot

I never used to get bothered until I got tendonitis in the elbow. Now all the shifting bugs my arm while in traffic. Probably gonna get an auto just to give it a break after work

I'm sometimes annoyed by manual in my DD, but no cars of its kind are available with autotragic here so there's fuck all I can do about it.

manualet fags are a fucking joke

>muh press extra pedal gives me the REAL driving experience

Can't you just leave in first? ffs. Maybe try driving something with torque and long gears. If the thought of having to replace a throwout bearing every 200k miles is too much for you then you should of bought an automatic.

So you probably speed up to 10 mph grabbing two gears just to slam on the brakes, wait 3 seconds and repeat again like most Americans?

I never believed the "Americans can't drive" meme wholeheartedly until I visited America and actually witnessed that shit.

>Correct
>Language

when nawt needed to make the word string look like what you reely ment to say it aint fuckin matter if no shit be proper

you brainwashed by liberal commiez makin you write essays about how kewl israel is

You first have to get in gear. In stop and go traffic you don't press the clutch the entire time, you switch in neutral and once the traffic moves on you select first gear, let the clutch engange and roll.
The point is on getting from neutral into gear, so damn annoying.

How do you do it, smartass? Wait until you're blocking the entire lane by yourself?

Just maintain a longer following distance

If you see someone start to consider getting in front of you, speed up block them ever so slightly (they always weave around a bit before doing it)

You leave it in first and slip out the clutch to accelerate then coast to a stop. There wouldn't be stop and go traffic if people learnt to drive smoother... I really hate people like you in traffic.

This
>driver assists
>abs brakes
>power steering
>top notch suspension technology
>cutting edge tires
>engine controls all of its operating parameters
>manual gearbox is fully synchronized

MUH AUTHENTIC DRIVING EXXXXPERIENCE

can't wait till the auto industry quits making manuals, or makes them very rare to find. auto is the way to go, it's the better option.

saved, pretty much blows out all (((manual))) drivers

I'd rather change brake pads over a clutch

nice strawman

never seen it referred to anything but "just funner" except by falseflagging autofags making ironic shitposts

People who actually work for a living see the appeal of an automatic for commuting you NEET cucks. Give me cooled seats and a torquey diesel mercedes any day

That's what your knees are for silly. You hold the steering wheel with your knees. Now you have TWO free hands. Jesus Christ, you must be a Millenial. Nobody taught you anything?

It's great being able to shift faster than ANY manual cuck

i hate auto in traffic as well now, u always gotta hold brake, in manual i just leave it in first and use the clutch for speeding up

>stop and go traffic
>not leaving it in 2nd until traffic clears up

You only have yourself to blame