Bruner Collection: Veeky Forums Edition No. 2

Just about finished with my catalog, got a few more bits and pieces that you may find interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/an/search/subject/Old Naturalist/type/op/
desuarchive.org/an/search/subject/Bruner/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Balinese palm leaf book.

Mr. Bruner penciled a translation on the back of each page but I can barely read his handwriting.

Last page

Did you post any of the minerals anywhere at some point?

Hatchet made by the aborigine of Queensland, Australia.

The last thread is still up on /an/
The old threads are here:
desuarchive.org/an/search/subject/Old Naturalist/type/op/

and here (after I changed the title)

desuarchive.org/an/search/subject/Bruner/type/op/

Cheers m80

>tfw white people stole this amazing technology with evil colonialism

Looks balinese to me, but I'm not sure what it actually is.

This was with it, so I'd assume it's also from Bali. Not sure what this thing is either.

A few trinkets he bought in Bali. This man could not stay away from a gift shop.

Wonder if this shop is still operating today?

Have clips on the back to mount them. Made by the same company as the photos.

Cannon shrapnel from the Battle of Antietam

Pottery from the "Ruins of Old Panama, destroyed by the pirate Henry Morgan."

Little scrap of pottery, just labelled "Pompei"

Calendars for the year 1913.

>early 20th century weeaboo

Christmas cards.

I understand it was fashionable back then.

interior on this one is same as

Same interior as

So what's the deal with these photos w/ selective, overstated coloration?

Traditional dress is really weird...

Not 100% sure when these were all made, but the flags make me think sometime prior to WWII. After Pearl Harbor nothing with the Japanese flag on it was going to sell very well in the US

Been watching your threads for a few days now, thanks a tonne - OP.

How much more do you have, for curiosity sake? (photos)
What's your favorite of the collection?
Is Egyptian the majority of it? Seems to be a very diverse collection.
Are you going to do, like a collection of all the photos and then upload a zip of them? Or something similar?

I'm actually almost tapped out. There are alot of stone tools I didn't post because they weren't that impressive compared to the other ones, but I'm running low on Veeky Forums-related material. The egyptian stuff I posted is all there was. The VAST majority of this collection, probably 48 of the 51 drawers are minerals, fossils, and interesting (some only to the late Mr. Bruner himself) rocks, along with a few zoological specimens here and there.

If I had to pick a favorite thing in this collection, I think I'd have to say the mineral specimens from Leadville, Colorado. Mr. Bruner was able to get down there during the mining heyday and snag some choice specimens before they ended up in the smelter. There's a guy who reads the threads on /an/ who's told me all about the silver and lead ore mining out there, and apparently galena, cerussite, and native silver is rarer than gold at the Leadville sites these days. We're really lucky to have them. The mummy wrappings seem to be the most popular specimens with most people though, the second they see the label they get really excited.

Minerals were easily my favorite part too, specifically the green bubbly one, cannot remember what it was exactly.

You've got the best job.

>Green bubbly one

Might be chrysocolla or malachite.

>Are you going to do, like a collection of all the photos and then upload a zip of them? Or something similar?

I've been asked that before, I've honestly been thinking that the archived threads do a better job of recording all of this since they've got the text with them anyway. Trying to zip all these photos into one thing would be a bit of a hassle and they wouldn't have as much information with them.

Wow, what a treat, I absolutely love Bali stuff. Thanks OP.

You're in luck, I've got one more for you.

Label reads: "Bali
Cockfighting points attached with twine. One true stroke=victory. Illegal in Java, etc."

Vertebral centrums of a large fish, used as a rattle by "Indian Dancers". This was a gift to Mr. Bruner from a Mr. Fred Morgan.

Thanks bro.

Amazing. Keep up the good work.

Nope.
The abbos never got that far. No handles on their tools.
It's Pacific Islander.

I think those are hand colored black and white photos. That was a thing for a while.