What does Veeky Forums think about the trend of cop cars getting angrier and painted in darker colours ?

What does Veeky Forums think about the trend of cop cars getting angrier and painted in darker colours ?

Do you think police vehicles should look intimidating to deter any potential crime or should they look friendly to inspire confidence and benevolence to citizens ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=64IjdGdygAE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Do you think police vehicles should look intimidating to deter any potential crime or should they look friendly to inspire confidence and benevolence to citizens ?
Depends on the city/neighborhood/demographic.

But it'd be pretty sweet if cops would drive up in gay pride themed, brightly colored cars, and came out in neon red, white, and blue, uniforms, with American flag hats/helmets, and did their hard, down, and gritty police work in the most ghetto of neighborhoods.

It's like taking the most badass of badass girls, and putting her in a frilly, pink dress.

My city recently started complaining that the cop cars are getting too intimidating in black with the push bars. The intimidating looks makes them stick out from grandpa in his civi Taurus. I don't care as long as they stick out from normal cars and they don't look like those faggy high-lighter colored Volvo's and shit in Europe.

If cops drove BRZ's, nobody would fucking stop for them! LMAO

Damn son, I just got flashbacks to black mesa. That's some haunting cryptic thesishit.

It's about image.

>white guy: officer, your car looks awesome
>black guy: oh shit nigga why you need a pushba fo
>liberal guy: wtf that push bar only makes your MPG worse and worsens air pollution and is primarily used for violent maneuvers you don't need to do you millitarised piece of shit. your engine has more than four cyllinders too! wtf more than you need. ever heard of getting a face and a plate not everyone is a white male mass shooter that needs to be tracked down and killed ASAP.
>libertarian guy: AM I BEING DET-*sees car*-I think I left it in the glovebox. Hold on. Here you go, license and registration.

Im more concerned with the shitty trickery they're using to make marked unmarked cars and the fact that officers look more like occupiers than peacekeepers.

Well I fucked that up.

You know... You're close to it. I've only seen really aggressive looking squad cars in areas like Chicago and Las Vegas. But in Utah, they're all white cruisers with very aesthetic police/highway patrol decals.

autism

I think cops should have lifted pickups to better intimidate the niggers.

Literal autism.

idgaf

It depends on the country and city.
In Mexico the police is all about intimidation, specially the Federal Police.
But yeah, you have to consider that we're at war and shit.

BTW, Jack Donovan talks about this in The Way of Men.

our police forces drive fiart ducatos, skoda yetis, some kia wagons and unmarked opel insignias. Those cars look pretty shit desu especially in silver and blue but seeing kias led lights in the rearview mirror always makes me quite nervous

I was cruising at night and up came along a fully stickered and labeled mustang. Stealth pushbar and thin as you can lights. He was probably cruising around knowing that nice nights on weekends the vapers come out to pretend to race.
More than likely was a bust car turned into a normal cruiser. Also have seen police pick-ups same city so who knows.

This is the shit that bothers me. Why even bother with the decal?

>Do you think police vehicles should look intimidating to deter any potential crime or should they look friendly to inspire confidence and benevolence to citizens ?

Angry looking cars are going to have no effect on crime. Rapist and thieves won't just go "oh shit, did you guys see that new ford explorer?!"

You can look as intimidating as you want, but people will still commit crime.

They try to have a specific number of marked/unmarked cars .

It counts as a marked cruiser.

>painted in darker colors
They've always been black, what could be darker than that?

Argentinan blue

All cars are getting angrier.

It's due to testosterone levels dropping and more and more men compensating.

I like it. Its better than these soccer mom crossovers my city is buying. This isn't going to scare the niggers into compliance.

you fell into the 4th category and you're mad

so they can be sneaky but then in court still refer to it as a "marked police car"

All cars have angry headlights these days, OP.

This shit is just low. I never see these black-on-black cunts responding to actual problems, just fucking trolling around the city for easy tickets like people rolling through a stop to take a right turn. When there's an accident or a drug bust or something, you know who shows up? The older cars that still have blue and gold paint. It's like there's two tiers of police in my city now, the ones who actually get shit done and the tryhard faggots rolling around in marked-unmarked cars looking for easy money.

Meh. Wake me up when we see shit like this. [spoiler]Yes, I know Top Gear was a shit program. No, I don't care.[/spoiler]

i saw a cop where i live pulling people over in a sandy brown jeep grand cherokee from the 90s a few months back

There has been cars that are more than adequate for police enforcement.

Like the Legacy 2.5GT
>WRX Engine
>0-60 6.5 Sec
>AWD
>High Ground Clearance
>Practical asfuck

but then again, the police car has to be American.

Most popular Police car is the Explorer Interceptor, Because it almost Mirrors a Subaru Legacy 2.5GT.

>mean wile in the year 2050

*wooop wooop*
CITIZEN YOUR VEHICLE'S AI HAS BEEN RE-ROUTED TO PULL OVER, REMAIN CLAM WILE YOU AUTOMATED SEAT IS ENGAGED TO RESTRAINT MODE.

If you have to use intimidation tactics to police I think you have bigger problems.

Ontariofag here. I don't like that cops are using more and more UNMARKED cars for general policing duties. It speaks to their overall mentality - that everyone is a law breaker and they're the thin blue (now black and gunmetal) line between all of us scum and the hypothetically decent society.

Yet all they do is write speeding tickets.

It's no wonder your average person doesn't trust police anymore.

kek

why the 2.5GT and not the GT-B?

After a dozen years or so of working with big-city Police departments, let me say that these are not thoughtful people. Anything they do for their "image" is entirely aimed at improving their self-image. Public "optics" is just something the community relations folks worry about. Sometimes.

>engine shits the bed at 150k miles
>good cop car

They should be highly visible so as to be a deterrent. They should look friendly enough that people aren't intimidated and will go to cops for help.
This is assuming that the police want to help people and prevent crime as opposed to getting arrests just to make them look effective on paper for government money.

>shits the bed at 150k
Mine is currently at 133k and has absolutely nothing wrong with it. If some are shitting the bed it's the owner's negligence in not changing the oil often enough with good oil and filters, not cleaning the turbo oil feed line filter every 50-80k, and beating on it cold. Absolutely not the fault of the car.

so canadian cops

and what police department is actually going to do routine maintenance good enough for that pile of shit?

none.

>darker
one of the most common cop things is B/W paint jobs

I've been seeing this shit lately which I really hate since you can't see its a cop until its right on you, WHICH IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT A PATROL CAR SHOULD LOOK LIKE

>Tight pants, tighter groupings

>black vehicle
>bull bar
>spot lights
>cant tell its a cop until its right on me

either you are a new driver, or you are retarded.

Cop bikes need to get louder, larger, and flashier with a more aggressive seating position. Traffic stops need to be more overtly terrifying.

I live in an area full of black SUVs, some even have bull bars, so the white and light bar are what I've been trained to look for. But be a high and mighty faggot why don't we?

Vehicles here often have bull bars and black rims. Plus a black car isn't too uncommon. Aren't these vehicles supposed to be easy to spot for safety purposes since they are there for the publics safety?

LEO here. I really envy american squad cars, they all look badass as fuck.

I don't have it too bad in belgium as my local PD use 4WD VW Tiguan (better than the french police shitboxes), but still.

Needs a bull bar and that wouldn't look half bad

Aggressive maneuver aren't too popular here, unfortunatly.

But the cornering ability is mad tho. I can corner faster than our special team squad, who has a bunch of Skoda Octavia RS.
Pic related, they come with leather bucket seats too.

The Charger was designed as a family/muscle sedan first. FCA decided later to court the LEA market as Ford was discontinuing the Crown vic.
The reason why it's in such wide use now is that driving one is a lot like driving a Crown vic, except the Charger is even heavier, though V8 models have 50% more power.

>FCA decided later to court the LEA market as Ford was discontinuing the Crown vic.
No, the police charger was being sold in 2005. Way before ford decided to stop making panthers.

Really? I guess its popularity hadn't taken off by then, because I'd never seen one.

>faggy high-lighter colored Volvo's and shit in Europe.

Sorry, Europeans don't have to overcompensate with "mean" looking cars, we live in countries where police are meant to be seen rather than sneak up on people to collect speeding ticket revenue.

>mfw london police now fielding FWD bimmers en masse

>be canadian
>walking home after bar, bretty far walk but its nice out
>minding my own buisness, not even that drunk just a bit buzzed
>cop car pulls up/parks kinda next to me, no lights or anything so think nothing of it and keep walking.
>cops run out, apparently pissed off I didnt stop
>they get hyper agressive, shining eye blinding lights in my eyes the whole time, ect
>Im polite, go along with it
>give them my ID, tell them where Im going but unsure of exact adress as I just moved that week, but I treat them with respect
>"GET THE FUCK IN THE CAR"
>I respond with "are you fucking kidding me? Im just walking home"
>they toss me to the ground, punch me a a few times in the side/back of my head, throw me in the car
>drop me off at my house literally two blocks away, after threatening to throw me in jail for public intoxication and resisting arrest

Just for walking home.

Fuck the police.

Black Lives Matter, please go.

You got a free ride home, you should be fucking grateful jackass

>not even that drunk just a bit buzzed

Translation: I am an alcoholic and was treated appropriately by law enforcement

Blacked out cop cars are so 2017, Houston is living in 2027

Motherfuck the police

because some states forbid unmarked police cars.
other states you can get pulled over by a lifted RAM with lights stuck to it

underrated as fug :DDDD

Translation:threw small house warming party with a couple friends, went out, and was walking home. I drink about once a month, if that. It was almost 2 hours after I stopped drinking, and I didnt even drink that much that night, I was near sober.

TIL this is a thing. not just Houston though

y tho

They couldn't catch my moms minivan lmao

Drunk driving awareness. They're trying to demonstrate how much cheaper taking a cab is compared to getting caught driving drunk.

can we go back to this? especially the big light bar. today's cop cars have those tiny slit grey bars trying to reduce their cop car image, which is dumb because these are patrol cars

they choose a combination of colour and car by design so that it can be easily noticeable and differentiated from other cars on the road

>today's cop cars have those tiny slit grey bars trying to reduce their cop car image, which is dumb because these are patrol cars
It's actually for fuel economy.
And the fact that LED's don't need all that real estate.

How is the Ford Explorer a crossover.

>so that it can be easily noticeable and differentiated from other cars on the road

>Unibody
>Based on the Taurus sedan
I'm not even sure if these things are RWD.

Why the fuck would you have RWD in a police SUV when 4WD is more capable? Do you want to risk spinning out in a chase in the rain or getting stuck in snow when you're supposed to be the one helping people in a blizzard, just so you can think of yourself as a little more badass?

Because oversteer is preferable to understeer.
And municipalities that want a Interceptor Utility but don't need AWD or 4WD shouldn't have to pay for it.

turns me on

>tfw no daddy cop to pull me over for having a busted light but letting me get off scot-free in exchange for getting him off

>Tint so black you can't even see teeth
>Gives ticket for too dark tint

are you this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=64IjdGdygAE

>walking
What are you, a communist?

>engaged in restraint mode
Where do I buy one now

Cops are not there to protect and serve, they don't give one shit about some random ass civi until they catch you making a mistake. We've given the power to ruin lives to anyone that can pass a test.

You a fag or something?

>Also have seen police pick-ups
I've seen a couple of undercover durangos, the early 2000s ones and the forest service is still using 2wd Cherokees from the same time

Sounds a lot like the military too

>where police are meant to be seen

This.

Hobo in a town near me was killed when he stepped into the street in front of a cop car at night. Should have been fluorescent yellow.

>You can look as intimidating as you want, but people will still commit crime.
But some people will be too intimidated to commit crime. Having an intimidating car could cause the criminal to have a psychological disadvantage in a pursuit.

The crown vic weighed 4100 pounds while the charger weighs 4300 pounds. Really not that big of a difference

Not going to listen to your arguments as long as the crime rates in your militarized police country are still higher than in my safety vest police country.

As a US citizen/person I want more militarization of police forces. Full body armor, armored vehicles, assault rifles, and no officer operating alone. 4 man squads at a minimum. Federal tax supplements for added hiring and subsidized equipment purchases direct from the manufacturer, not just surplus.

I am ok with this because of the nature of of our society. The law abiding citizens have little to no contact with police and when they do its professional and courteous. You have to go out of your way to have police interfere in your shit. You have to absolutely fuck up consistently and reportedly to have trouble with law enforcement.

I have no problem owning weapons, carrying them with me open, concealed, in my vehicle, and never have trouble with law enforcement.

Its understandable in your European nations with histories of bad government and tyranny why you fear having armed law enforcement, and why after centuries of popular anarchy revolutions you also dont want armed citizens. You want a utopian civilization where no one has anything to fear, nobody needs to use force, and nobody ever shoots anyone else. I would like that as well but human nature has not evolved that much wisdom and I am not going to ask people to just sacrifice themselves to the savages while we hope to show them by example how to die with our moral virtues intact bleading on the floor of a concert hall in Paris.

Fear is the only thing that keeps immoral and unjust men in line. Fear of ass rape in prison, fear of the pain
of torturous wounds, fear of death and eternal judgement. Pick one, or all of the above and use whatever tools necessary to put fear in the hearts of evil men.

Virtuous men need not laws nor governments to inform or motivate thier righteous actions. But there are very few virtuous men in this world.

>yeah you know me

>What does Veeky Forums think about the trend of cop cars getting angrier and painted in darker colours

Might have better results than white CRACKA colored cars like in this photo. That car was too white for the neighborHood.

That poor Holden :(

I want the blue boxes back

They're not blue with a cherry in Michigan anymore?

>Do you think police vehicles should look intimidating to deter any potential crime
We had that debate in my town. It was shown that criminals and homeless fearing the police deterred crime far more than if they had no fear of the police. Normal citizens aren't really bothered by the police here as they are fairly american and believe in the country. The criminals and the neighborhoods where they live are the ones that HATE the police. Thus their opinions don't matter because no matter what color the police cars are painted, they will always hate the police.

Thus, dark cars became the best choice. The city council and police department chose wisely in favor of the taxpayers.

they pretty much like the cop cars everywhere else
through the 90s and early 2000s I saw the blue get darker until it was basically black