Sit in a 25k SUV at a Mazda dealership

>sit in a 25k SUV at a Mazda dealership
>feels more premium and well-built than my moms 50k GLK or my dads 100k E-Class

How does Mazda do it?

the one time my company rented out a 2017 mazda6 to me, i was sold.

had no idea such a nice feeling could be associated with 21k.

Is this legit or are you guys talking shit? Girlfriend is looking at maybe getting a Mazda. They do look nice. How is the handling?

this would be perfect if that touchscreen wasn't there. fucking hate those things

Most German luxury cars I've been in are all hard and plasticky. I wouldn't pay $100k for them but whatever. You're basically just buying the name and bragging rights.

FERD nigga

Handles well, quality interiors, above average reliability, engines are a bit anemic though.

Great corporate management of the Japanese.

They don't rely on bullshit propaganda brand advertising to win sales. Just improving engineering quality.

Wife and I were cars shopping for her. 2016 Mazda3. Awesome car.

Interior feels like it belongs in a higher price range. The handling is fun, but the ride is comfortable. Makes great mpg while the power feels adequate.

I've owned more Mazda's than any other brand, and I've owned 25 cars. Always bring me back. I currently own a 2012 Mazdaspeed3.

Mercs and BMW's are seriously disappointing to sit in. Yeah, they're built better than my cheap Ford Fiesta, but I expect them to be A LOT better. The fact my dads E550 Cabrio has hard touch plastics at all is disappointing at the price point (also the infotainment is slow cluttered garbage compared to Sync3).

are they reliable? Because if you owned so many cars it sounds like lot of them broke

I know what you are talking.
I was blown away by its confident ride manners.

The focus on midrange torque, rather than overall up. That's how I felt when I compared an NC Miata to an S2000 when I started shopping around for a convertible many years ago.

S2000 has the power, but it's not useable for everyday driving. The NC had a nice fat mid-range to enjoy almost anywhere.

That's kind of Mazdas thing: useable fun, whenever you want. They do it to all of their vehicles. Even their Minivan: the Mazda5. I miss that thing.

Very reliable. I just go through cars a lot. Enjoy something, try something new.

I've owned 4 miata's, 2 mazdaspeed3's, and a Mazda5.

Mazda are good if you don't mind having it turn to rust in few years.

>Mazda5
Is it true that they are sleepers?

Yea, they've been doing much better without shitty ass Ferd.

Pathetic FUD coming from a faggot

>inb4 picture of a 20 year old Mazda

>shitty ass Ferd
lel, you realize that all the engines they use were codesigned with Ford? Of course not because you're a fuckwit

I thought that Mazda's last gen engine tech is what's used in the modern Fords?

I can't wait to see whether Mazda actually releases a production HCCI engine. If any company could pull it off, it's these guys.

Haha! No! They're basically a Mazda3 with sliding doors and a second row of seats. Because of this, they're lighter and more compact than the average mini-van. So much so, they're some times considered "micro-vans". But because they are based on the Mazda3, it offers great handling, and almost everything from a Mazda3/Mazdaspeed3 will bolt up. Someone even swapped an MS3 drive train, and it was nuts! But that was more complex than a simple drop in because of wiring and the CAN-BUS.

Actually, Ford originally developed the Zetec engines, and due to their partnership with Mazda they were able to basically say "Mazda, you take care of the 4 cylinders and small V6's, we'll take care of the big stuff".

So, the MZR/Duratec was born. The Zetec had a crazy following in Europe, and even a bit in America. But the MZR changed everything and was even utilized in the Formula Atlantic races (replacing the 4age in 2006).

Because of this following, the MZR had a ton of aftermarket and R&D thrown at it, and has become the great powertrain it is today. I believe it was even on Wards top 10 engines list a few years.

Varying in displacements from 1.0 to 2.5, and technically in V6 configurations, the Duratec line of engines has become the main staple of Mazda and Ford in numerous configurations.

>buying new econoboxes
Shiggy diggy

our nippon overrords are making their grorious return to form

>literally posts bullshit made up story as fact

Not him, but one think I know for sure is that the cyclone v6s are not Mazda engines.

The Duratec 30 wasn't a cyclone, but it also wasn't created by Mazda either, yet it was in the first gen 6's

Bro I know what you mean! I own a 1992 Mazda Protege and that beauty was still to this day my favourite thing I've ever driven. It takes corners on a dime, has decent acceleration even for it's little 1.8L engine, and makes driving feel faster than what I'm actually going

If Mazda wants to sell themselves as a premium brand, they have to make a V6 or start putting the 2.5T in more things. Struggling to accelerate feels cheap, effortlessly gaining speed feels luxurious.

who the FUCK pays 100k for any E class?

I don't believe it's touchscreen, you control it with the knob in the center

At least it doesn't look like a cheap amazon fire on a stand like a certain German car company

Good thing I live in a third world equatorial shithole.

I've seen more Toyotas rust than any Mazda.

I wanna see the rotary make a comeback instead. And for Mazda to revive the Cosmo. That shit's comfy af.

You mean ford "borrowed" that mazda tech for their ecoboost lineup. And somehow they managed to ruin those too

What year are they?
Late model cars have improved a lot.

Could Mazda try to create a luxury division to compete with the likes of Acura and Lexus? Even Hyundai introduced the Genesis.

It was called eunos

>wrong

If they made a V6 Madza 6 I might get one. But why would I get a Mazda 6 when I could get an SS Commodore

If I can get a used 1990 MX-5 Miata for $4500, should I? Can I race with it?

This

I quite like the E series interiors. Could be better but they they're still mid ranged as far as luxury vehicles go. The only BMW I can speak to is the 6 series which has a stunning interior in my opinion, one of the best I've sat in for a car sub 100k.

As far as SUVs Range Rover still reigns supreme with their minimalist interiors in my opinion. Simple, no frills, ultra high quality. Even the dashboard and door panels are high quality soft leather. Here's a shitty pic from when I was car shopping for one.

The price is well above market value unless it only has 20k miles on it and there's a good chance of crank failure.

>Can I race with it?
Not without installing a full cage for spec racing.

My mom owns a 2014 Mazda 3 hatch. It's an attractive interior for this class of car, but still very apparent to me that the seats are not real leather, and plenty of cheap plastics to be found. I think the BMW-like layout of the center area definitely lends to it feeling like a nicer car than it really is.

I'm actually okay with the "mounted iPad" display, though I find it a huge chore to navigate through all the radio/media menus. Always seems like it's 3-4 steps just to find what you're looking for. I also find it very off-putting how noticeable the switch between HD and standard radio is. It's pretty distracting when the sound quality just jumps around.

From a driving standpoint, it's mostly great. Fun handling and responsive brakes. The one disappointment is that she opted for the smaller of two engines, so acceleration feels stressed and noisy. I'm sure Mazda's 2.5 would be worth the extra money.

because a lot of car stereotypes are just brands pushing themselves on you from their past glory etc. I was amazed how good older chryslers are and how luxurious their interior are compared to their counterpart german rivals (which sold a lot better). And nowadays, seeing them as used, the late 90ies early 2000s chryslers are amazing- they cost nothing, they are cheap to repair and pretty reliable in terms of few things to go wrong.
comparing modern cars- yeah, we are in that era again. It's the 90ies again- back then the japanese beat the germans because they felt asleep on their prizes and ''superior engineering quality'', now the japanese are too, so the koreans seem to be the next to be worth buying. The only problem nissan and mazda have are rusting issues- however if you have money, you can either rust-protect your car, or if you live somewhere not int he rust-belt, you are lucky.

I gotta be honest, Mazda has been crushing it lately. If I was a poorfag that'd probably be my first choice, no question.

50k glk, 100k e-class. You can't possibly believe they cost that much, right?

Also that Mazda is covered in cheap looking plastic. That is the difference between being covered in metal buttons and leather/wood boards vs plastic everything like that Mazda.

53k E-class, pic related.

>that retarded digital gauge cluster

It's true. The CX line is surprisingly luxurious for the price.

It is and it isn't. Mazda software disables the touch functions while the car is in motion (which is strange, because it's far more distracting to use their retarded "commander knob.")

You can root it and install a hacked version of it's OS that can disable that, though.

My dad has an E550 Cabrio with a 4.7L biturbo V8. It cost him 100k CAD.

The CX-9 and CX-5 are great because they're recent designs that came out after Mazda started paying attention to everyone's noise complaints. The Mazda3 and 6 have a lot of road noise. I'd say that's a major problem in the Mazda6 because its competition is tougher, but the Mazda3's competitors are either loud too, or dull as hell to drive. It's still a good option. Oh, the Miata's loud too but I assume no one minds if they're getting a small, cheap convertible.

The CX-9 is the only one with a strong engine; it's the weak spot in the other models and made worse by lazy throttle responsiveness.

They all handle pretty well, have good interiors, one of the better infotainment systems, good reliability, good mileage, but tend to be smaller inside and have a light feeling to them that not everyone likes.

It's the same SkyActiv inline 4 on the CX-9 as on the CX-5 and CX-7, isn't it? It's just turbocharged? Do you suppose you could take a CX-9 turbo and slap it in a CX-5?