I posted this in /r9k/ but you guys seem more trustworthy

I posted this in /r9k/ but you guys seem more trustworthy.

Help biz. I'm about to spend 2700 of my 5050 NEETbux on an electric skateboard. I can totally afford this (rent, food etc) The only way I can pay for it is using my mom's credit card or my debit card linked to bank account, which my dad has full view of.

Problem is if I use my card, my dad might find out and stop sending me 300/month and that would be devastating. But if I use my mom's card, my brother finds out for sure and he'll get pissed. There's a 50% chance he'll be pissed and tell my dad anyway. On the plus side of using my mom's card, the 2700 becomes 2600 and she gets $135 that she will keep for free in cash rewards.

(note: my dad is in the middle east). My brother lives with my mother, I am away at college.

Whose card do I use, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

mellowboards.com/
amazon.com/Aosom-Electric-Battery-Powered-Conversion/dp/B00GIXZKP8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1. need link to skateboard you're considering

2. >the 2700 becomes 2600

what do you mean? cash back I understand, but there is a discount as well?

You need an electric skateboard for what exactly?

I've researched this board and compared it to others for 3 months (obsessively), and I'm 100% this is the best value for my money and willl last years.
mellowboards.com/

2. 2700 is the max because with my card I would be buying through papyal and since it's a german comapny they use euros. paypal fees in converting to USD adds up to 2700. Not the case with using mom's card (so 2600)

The cash back of $135 is for using my mom's credit card which gives her 5% on purchases.

:) please help

Use that money for community college.

In electric skateboard (this one weighing in at 10 lbs and going up to 25 mph) will effectively replace any need for a car as I live in a college town and everything I need to get to is within 20 miles, aka the range of the board. Also for fun and getting from my apartment to class in like under 5 minutes without waiting for the bus. It's extremely useful.

I really don't understand why your Dad has full view of your bank account?

I was like 13 or 14 when my dad made my bank account and he transfers money to it so I need it. If I had been smart enough to get another debit card linked to a new account I wouldn't be in this mess, but in the future that is what I will do. for now, I'm screwed and need to pick the lesser of two evils

This and get a fucking job
Stop expecting the government and your boomer parents to just give you everything
Pathetic cuck

The obvious solution is to withdrawal the money slowly. Open a new account that only you have access to.

I'm working towards my engineering degree and there's a good chance I'll get hired as a pre-intern in military contractor this summer and I'll make very decent money. Until then, I'm relying on my dad's money (300 a month is a lot but not a lot also). I will also be using the skateboard to commute to my job

I can't do that, if I lose out on the preorder phase, it will take months more of waiting before I get it. I have 7 days to do this. I can't risk losing out

>pic related is only $150 at wal-mart
You can even find bikes cheaper than that, c'mon user, don't waste 2k on an electric skateboard.

get a cheap bike off craigslist, you can get a decent bike for under $50. retrofit an electric engine ( amazon.com/Aosom-Electric-Battery-Powered-Conversion/dp/B00GIXZKP8/ ) when you save up some more money.

boom done. transportation and exercise.

but none of this makes sense.

if you use a credit card, that has to be paid off. if you are paying for the board, that money can only come from one place

They accept two forms of payment, one is paypal and only take cards through it so I'd use the only card in my name linked to my bank account.

The second option is my mom's credit card and bypass paypal. I would send her the cost of the board.

God you're a fucking financial disaster, OP
I can't believe how hard you're working to waste 2,700 bucks you dont have.

I'll bite because I actually know someone like this, you have 2 options:
1. Buy a cheap used bike
2. Kill yourself

Yea buy a cheap bike and don't steal from your own parents impudent fool. Fuck man you make $300 a month and want to buy a $3000 dollar skateboard? This will probably fly right over your head ,but you're headed down a path of debt slavery with this attitude. control your impulses to buy flashy rubbish and start saving.

be cheaper to just ride uber everywhere

>I would send her the cost of the board.

that's my point. you have to pay period. the money will leave your bank account which your dad monitors. there's no choice here

This is some next level guerrilla marketing.

> everything I need to get to is within 20 miles, aka the range of the board

I zozzled so hard thinking of you riding an electric skateboard for 20 miles, literally standing on your skateboard for a 2 hour round trip. I like you dream though and I support you

>I posted this in /r9k/

maybe you should stay there?

Just walk or get a bike you fuckin' mong.

Buy any item through PayPal linked to said card
Get refund on said item
Tell dad you are investing it (then show him a print screen of it, where you change the numbers from 0 to 2700)
Buy skateboard and cement yourself in your dads mind as being financially wise.

???
Profit, whilst also riding around wagecucks on your neetmobile