4,323 lb - 5,180 lb

>4,323 lb - 5,180 lb

This is why electric is shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

still the fastest production car

0 - 60 anyways, on a track it's shit, and past 60 the acceleration sucks.

op you are a fucking moron and should take yourself off any automotive forums

stay toasty electric fatso

>on a track its shit
>faster than 99% of cars

really did not make me think

Who cares, nobody will be tracking it. It's the fastest car in the world when you're driving in a city. No time wasted cracking the throttle, injecting the fuel, spooling the turbos, waiting to get in the power band. The throttle gives you 100% of the torque you're asking for at the speed of light.

Slower than a fucking 86 lmao

At that point even an amateur driver on city streets can notice how poorly it handles.

*blocks your path*

Exactly. A Telsa is awful anywhere outside of a stoplight race.

It sucks, because despite being a car that projects a very mature attitude, the power is absolutely useless in mature situations.

You know, the civilized man takes it to a track, and drives politely everywhere else. He is no child that feels the need to go 80 and overtake people for doing 61 iin a 60 instead of 65 so a prius has enough power for him and the truck he normally drives is almost too much - but it has the purpose of hauling an RV for his family so it stays.

Is it possible to make a road legal electric sedan with decent range that doesn't weigh literally 2 tons?

Confirmed

use an external power source

and then hook a bunch of them up nose to tail to be more space efficient

>EV trains
>every car is an engine
>can make a more complex track system that reaches more destinations and transports people more efficiently since your trains can split and hook up

that's downright dangerous. poorly handling cars with lots of power are death wagons.

No

Batteries are very heavy and to get decent range you need to have a lot of them

>1 gif
>confirmed

>triggered tesla shill

kek

>triggered busrider

lols

>implying

what the fuck

S Class, A8, 7 series, and other lux barges of teh same size, weight just as much.

stolen tesla. driven down a street at 100mph by two urban youths. crashed into multiple cars, some telephone poles, street lights, and a jewish temple.

the urban youths were not wearing seatbelts and were ejected from the car. they still survived long enough to die in the hospital.

the rear half of the tesla went flying and ended up wedged between two walls of the jew temple, several feet up in the air.

>two urban youths.

you mean niggers...

I only see upstanding urban youths in that picture user.

yes...

but this isn't /pol/

If it didn't have so many motorized automatic this and thats - I'd seriously consider one. But I know what will happen to all those bells and whistles 5 years from now - they'll break and be an absolute unending pain to fix.

It's heavy because it has to schlep a battery around. There's no way of getting around it. At least the battery makes the CG really low.

German cars of the same size are the same weight.

What are the German's excuse?

the Model 3 has less motorized bells and whistles.

most of the S and X are leases. so it isn't like their drivers are worrying about things breaking.

>Be me waiting for friend at car meet
>He shows up in his Tesla
>Tesla gets a lot of shit on here and I want to know why
>I ask friend if I can drive his Tesla
>He tells me to go for it
>I get in his car and there's a bad smell, smells almost like rotten eggs
>Ask friend and he says it's cause he needs to clean the car
>So I start the car and put it into reverse
>Friend stops me and asks what I'm doing
>I tell him I'm backing out the spot
>Friend tells me I'm using the shifter wrong
>Confused as fuck I ask him to show me how to shift
>I get out the car and my friend stands up on the seats
>I ask him why he's standing on the seats and he says just watch
>He then proceeds to pull down his shorts and squats over the shifter spreading his ass cheeks
>The knob gently pierces his asshole as he tells me this is how you shift, I can hear the electric vibrations hitting his prostate
>He proceeds to do burnouts in the parking lot as he shifts gears smoothly with his tightly clenched asshole
>I'm astonshied by this but now I see why Veeky Forums likes electric cars so much, I've never seen a car shift so smoothly before with nothing but a tight asshole

Less, but still too many IMHO. I'm going to wait and see what people are saying a year from now dealing with driving the Model 3.

AYYY AYO WHITE BOI HOL DA FUK UP
LEMME GET DIS SHIT STRAIGHT SENPAI AHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
WE SUM FINNA MUFUGGEN TESLA?

YOU BTFO TESLA FAGS

But those cars are actually luxurious though

bkt2/pol/

This is because its made by the manchild americans.
Its a pointless car
>Incredible aceleration
Cant be driven fast or it will overheat or drain the battery in 2 minutes
>incredibly fat
Its supposed to be green but you have to haul around 3 tons of batteries everytime you go get the groceries
>power efficient
Depends on how efficiently energy its produced and transported where you live
>cheap to run
Its unreliable and more expensive to own than a 5 series

Lets hope they get it right with the model 3, its suposed to be a ecnobox, a rental car, something you own for 5 years and then you get a new one, and it wont be using the 0-60 meme

>It's the fastest car in the world when you're driving in a city
And I'm the smartest motherfucker out there when I hang out at the Special Olympics.

Tesla don't like to talk about that you can only do that insane 0 to 60 twice before the battery is near dead..

gasoline powered cars consume absurd amounts of fuel when accelerating hard.

it is just that tesla carries like the equivalent of 2-3 gallons.

youtube.com/watch?v=JmxUsGiGp3w

gee. why is this battery made of metal is so heavy?
my petrol is light weight. why F1 is complaining fuel is heavy?

well anyway, saw prius prime review on nhk,
comes with solar panels. good for 3km of range when charged the whole day.
JUST.

gas has the advantage of emissions, the car gets
better milage and performance as it uses its tank, Tesla has to pull the whole battery even as it loses current and power.

>speed of light
>resistance in wire
>computer latency
nope.

>be me driving in my mrs w cold engine
>tesla s tailgating me
>tesla s changing lanes without signal
>tesla s trying to race me
>tesla s changing lanes into the completely separate bus lane which is only for busses and emergency vehicles
>tesla s honking and tailgaiting at a bus in busline cause its slow
>tesla s drived by some normie ass woman who goes on news comments to bitch about street racers and ice
this is why electric is shit.

Prius Prime has a 25 mile ev range.

You would need a dozen square meters of solar panels to charge a prius to full. The little panel on tge car is for battery tending and ventilation.

In what way?
Top speed belongs to the Veyron SS and Acceleration belongs to the 918 Spyder. Are you always this stupid?

You really need to learn the difference between quick and fast.

please stop posting about your MR-S. i have one too, its great, but it doesnt warrant shitposts like this. dont make it a meme

my turbo 4 makes 300hp peak and does about 23 gallons per hour (.38 gpm, .00639 gps) foot on the floor full boost at redline. this is according to the computer, not a calculation so its accurate. the 0-60 is about 5.8 seconds, lets round up to 6. lets also assume that at a stop if i punch the gas it goes to full boost instantly, for simplicity.
so if i have my foot on the floor from 0-60 at full boost, in that 6 seconds ive used 4.91 ounces of fuel. less than 5 ounces of fuel, for one single pull. with my 15 gallon tank, i would have to do 384 consecutive pulls to completely empty the tank.

a tesla does 0-60 runs in 2.275 seconds in its latest version. im not going to look up actual claims, so lets make a reasonable assumption that after 3 full power runs the battery is 80% drained. so after 6.825 seconds of usage the battery is almost dead.

a gallon of gasoline is about 130,000,000 joules (1,015,625 per oz), so in that 6 seconds the car consumed about 6,093,750 joules.
the 85kwh telsa battery converts to about 306,000,000 joules (3,600,000 joules per kwh), and 80% of 85 is 68 (244,800,000 joules) and 68/3 is 22.67 (81,600,000 joules). so let us compare:

>my gas car uses almost 6.1 million joules to do one 0-60 run, 18.3 million to do 3 runs, and uses ounces of fuel to do so
>the tesla uses 81.6 million joules to do one run, 244.8 million to do 3, and almost completely drains its battery to do so
>the tesla uses 13.378x more power to do the same run, even if you quadruple the fuel usage of the gas car to simulate a v8 but keep the same 6 second time for some reason, the tesla still consumes 3.344x more power to make a single run

not even taking into account the pollution of producing electricity and inefficiencies of charging batteries vs the pollution of drilling and refining oil into gasoline and the burning of gasoline, the tesla uses an absurdly high amount of power to do the same thing as the gas car and does not have the capacity to support it.

>so after 6.825 seconds of usage the battery is almost dead.

fucking kek

Should we tell him how long it takes to recharge a Tesla, I wonder?

Then you should have removable battery packs, so you can decide if you want light or durable

>t. nigger

Its basically a bunch of AA batteries lined up in the floor of the car. Not really feasible which is why they gave up on it

The Chevy Bolt has a range of 238 miles and weights 3,563 pounds.

Slower than an FR-Slow on the only metric that matters.

it isn't xbox huge like the S.

the problem was the coolant system.

What does a Nissan Leaf get on the nern berg?

>electrons travel over a hundred thousand kilometers per second
>computations done in a nanosecond (a millionth less than what is perceivable)

It's not actual speed of light but it's still a orders of magnitude faster than the mechanisms of an ICE car. Don't be pedantic.

Are you excited for the 2018 Leaf, user?

One holds two people and a bag of dildos and one holds 7 adults and has two trunks. Sometimes practicality is worth more than speed.

If you wanted practicality you wouldn't be be buying a Tesla at this point in the first place.

>awful reliability
>extremely expensive until the 3, which still isn't particularly cheap
>virtually no charging stations depending on where you live, and even in places like cali where they have lots of them, they're constantly overcrowded and require you to wait in line for hours

Yeah the Tesla has more usable seats and storage room, but overall the FRS is way, WAY more practical.

More like the other one holds two people and 10 bags of dildos...

>tfw nobody is using microturbine range extenders
It seems that using li-ion batteries alone is rather limiting, and that we won't see significant improvements until we move on to a different chemistry, which usually takes a long time. I'm surprised at how far Tesla has gotten with them, but it seems that's only because they bothered to use them in the scale that they do rather than some significant improvement in the batteries themselves.

One can go on a day trip for an event the other can't.
Electric cars are restricting.
Gas cars are panty dropping.

yes, but whats the point of being the fastest between your white collar soulless job and the local starbucks store #189?
you are acting like any of this matters

a fuckin toyota yaris will accomplish the same thing, and you'll still get your latte, albeit 5.9 seconds slower than if you were in a $150k tesla

That's why im RIPPING OUT all the fucking seats, door panel and body FAT right out. I'm going to have a 2500-3000 lbs MAX tesla and im gonna give the ESP a run for its money every single day

You will never get 7 in an FR-S. Not comfortably anyway.

Nice.

You could buy 3 86s for less than the cost of an S so 12 seats 3 trunks and $22k to spend on gas and track days for you and a couple of mates.

The tesla s seats 5, dildo
Its two row

You can do two memey seats in the rear that face backwards like in some old station wagons, but they're even less useable than the rear seats in the BRZ.

give me some you's and stop talking about fucking dildos and seats faggots

>metric that matters.

Being guaranteed first on every green light no matter what is much more desirable characteristic in real life than performance on some circular track where only 1% of people will really drive and spend there 1% of their total road time.

As long as that practicality isn't range, time used refueling, cold weather, maintenance, longevity, interior design, or anything else of that sort.

Does anyone know how well Teslas hold up to road salt at all? Battery is right next to all that salt in the wintertime...

>pedantic

people who are not retarded know there is a large difference between the speed of light and the transfer of electrons

what do you guys do when it's cold as shit and you need to run the heater?

shouldn't tesla install a catalyst indoor type heater which runs of propane or someshit?

how the fuck do people drive when its cold?
or do they just freeze like serbian refugees?
so luxurious

I think you're only supposed to drive it in California where you don't have to use things like that

If it has 60 kw, yeah.