Veeky Forums I have an interesting question(s). Will the RX7 FD ever appreciate in value? And if so when...

Veeky Forums I have an interesting question(s). Will the RX7 FD ever appreciate in value? And if so when? Or will it depreciate. Is right now the perfect time to buy one? Your average FD goes for around 13k Leafbucks right now with 10k and sometimes 20 exceptions. A pristine or special anniversary edition models go for more usually.

They'll see some drop in price once the JDMs become US legal. But if you keep yours pristine and running for the next fifty years or so, it should appreciate by then.

It will stay right around it's current price for at least 10 years. Maybe go up $5k or so to match general inflation. Nothing to sweat over or consider buying as an investment.

i would say one with a good engine is. say a pineapple single turbo with cooling system upgrades. the stock is terrible. pic related. full of blunders

and as far as the usa ones go, you know the R model is more expensive, right. not the LAME touring model.
R=good. Touring=added shit such as bose

>They'll see some drop in price once the JDMs become US legal
I'd argue the opposite since rhd ones would flood the market making proper lhd ones harder to find

It's not like the LHD ones will go away

where is the flood of JDM turbo II's?

I slated the FD RX7 to appreciate greatly within the next 7 years. It'll never be worth MkIV Supra numbers, but I'm predicting a pristine stock example with 50k miles to be trading for $30k - $38k soon. The market hasn't quite caught up to the FD... now that nearly all the Supras are gone the RX7 will replace it

Cuz it sure as shit won't be the 3000GT or 300ZX

You're going to be sitting on it for at least another 5 years before you get any money out of it. The 90s sport market is set to rise but it's going to be slow.

but a turbo II can be sexy my god where are all the fresh jdm imports?

should be legal this year already

HNNG

The stock might be terrible but it's the best way to get something that's (probably, mostly,) unmolested

no way in hell is that true. the stock way is literally the least reliable way to go.
do you even 13B REW?

American's are lazy as fuck and are intimidated by importing vehicles.

Up here in Canada though, tons of RHD vehicles.. I live in a town with 15k people and there are at least 10 RHD vehicles that I know of, and it's not a car culture town.

Only 13k total were produced in the us vs 13k produced in 1992 in japan alone.

usdm fd's are going to get harder to find.

The guy that imported this one just brought another one in today. They are making their way over slowly. It's just hard to justify paying 6-8k for a clean FC when we have shit ones littering Craigslist for $500 all day long.

This is very true.

I went to the suburbs of Montreal and snatched all the dirt cheap r32 gtrs before they knew what hit them.

They've had them for 10+ years, so they were dime-a-dozen, not to mention the exchange rate is very favorable.

The language barrier and importation paperwork disqualifies 9/10 American buyers

the reputation for unreliability kills the value of these cars

it's like the 996 of jdm 90's turbo cars, the cars will forever hover around $20-$30k for a good condition lower mileage one

well considering last year i could import one from japan for around 10k CAD and now theyre around 15-18k CAD yes they will. ( once a car is US legal in japan the price goes up, its fucking shitting for us Canadians)
Thankfully i only paid 9k for mine ;)

Not him, and not denying this, but who the fuck would want a LHD one?
RHD adds to the mystique.

This

They're already appreciating

Could be grabbed for peanuts in the UK 5-6 years ago (not uncommon to see for £2-3k) except for the Spirit R's/Nicer models obviously.

Cheapest ones now are £6-7k and anything remotely decent is £10k+, prices at auction are high in Japan too and trending upward.

more like go up 5k a year
the rs/bathurst/rz/spirit r etc are 10k+ more than they were 3 years ago