The new Camry makes 301HP. Your car isn't slower than a Camry, right?

The new Camry makes 301HP. Your car isn't slower than a Camry, right?

Nope

No but that's pretty good

How fast is a camry?

No.

Respectable though.

nice FWD car

Not even remotely close.

>when your v8 is slower than a camry on a 1/4 mile

these feels...

quad tailpipes, bulged rear fenders, black roof, side skirts, rear diffuser, 306 HP

Why didn't Toyota just make a real sports car instead of making this car 1 size fits all? From the rear, the average person won't be able to tell the difference between this and an M4 or Gulia. Is that what sells cars now?

Seems like the only shortcoming, really.
Why are there so few RWD v6 sedans that aren't fat or expensive?

>my 235hp Fiesta has the same power-to-weight but isn't an automatic

N-no! T-torque wins races, right?

My car is a camry

Don't you drive s rebadged nissan?

I wonder if the Toyota Mark X has the same HP.

why you always lying

I hope this is the base engine for the new Supra instead of another fucking turbo-4. Get 320-340hp out of it and compete with the V6 Camaro.

wtf japan please gib

why yes I do

no

Japan always keeps the goodies to themselves.

Fuck man I just bought an STI because Veeky Forums meme'd me into it.

Please tell me it isn't slower than the new Camry.

Call back when you have at least half the power I do.

Assuming you haven't tuned it, AWD drivetrain loss means your new STI is almost certainly putting less power to the ground than this. You'll win in 0-60 but probably not in a highway pull.

>T-torque wins races, right?

Rotaries have none, but they seem to outpace much torquier cars.

I'm considering killing myself

I have more fun in this car than anything I've ever driven (traded a Red Sport Q60 for it) but I actually feel so embarrassed it only has 305hp.

You'll have more traction on launch, but NA V6 vs turbo boxer 4 means you have smaller power band.

Since they are roughly the same power/weight, the STI being manual would probably put you behind in a drag race.

Camry that probably accelerates faster than a GT86...
Sucks to be a GT86 owner

My car handles better and looks better

>Toyota made AWD camries (and corollas and tercels for that matter) for just ONE generation, the V20 generation
>they have never went back since then

I really wish they made them in AWD, so that I could bolt on a turbo and pretend it's a Camry WRX.

>implying

Define fast. It sure as hell would be faster than a Camry around something like this

Let me know when it's not FWD, and available with a manual

I wouldn't trust anything the retards who put these together make, and I went to highschool with them

WTF there's a 2018 Accord thread and a 2018 Camry thread on the front page at once.

Large Japanese sedans are pretty neat.

CARMY STRONK

accord a suck

>tfw gf had a mint 86 camry with 40k on it
>gave it to her brother

if i was making more money i totally would have bought that thing.

but i called you yesterday tho

I'm always hearing about these cool models that never come to the states. makes me want to go over there an-
>V20 in a camry
toyota that's just unfair

So how about telling then how fast is it and not just how many horses it has so I can compare the times.

My car is much slower than a camry

Nope sorry

My dad has a 4WD Corolla with a 4AGE.
For all these years he thought his car was FWD lmao.

>sporty styling
>no manual offered
What even is the point?

for normies dum dum

>normies don't want to look sporty
>implying more than 1% of them sold would be manual

Leave the house more

I have a slant 6, it makes like 80hp gross for all I know., what do you think?

Theres literally no need for a Camry to have 300hp desu so I wouldnt worry about it unless your penis is so small you look for horsepower to compensate

What you lot don't realise is that 300HP in a good car is a LOT faster than 300HP in something murican. Unless it's European engineered that muricans sell as murican. Then no. Then it's just as good. Roughly.

Porsche are the best cars when it comes down to beating something with the same specs on the track. By a landslide. The Porsche might even cause that landslide

Shit post

>Leave the house more
Leave the US more. Oh wait, 60% of you haven't even got a passport and only 3.5% ever leaves the country... KEK

The world drives manual.

Normies only want a car thats fast on the freeway and looks """""""aggresive""""""

Also nissan started this and those sell rather well

srsly????? I thought it was higher.

>I went to highschool with a bunch of black people
>in canada
>I believe cars are put together by WELL EDUCATED people, as long as they're the brand I drive
ok vapeboi

Toyota still makes AWD Corollas today.

They just don't sell them in the US or EU

Americans aren't used to having the power behind the wheels. No company wants that blood on their hands.

>tfw part of the 3.5%
Really though it speaks to how great America is. Only 3.5% of us ever feel the need to leave this place. Get fucked rest of the word.

>TFW maximum damage control
>B-b-but I do leave the country! Not that it's needed..

>probably

most of the world is incredibly poor and if they drive at all, they drive manuals because it's more fuel efficient and it's all they can get

V20 is the chassis code, numbnuts. US only got the first two gens of the V series, while the third generation was actually an all new car made specifically for Americans. That's why it goes V10, V20, to XV10.

Japan primarily drives automatic.

I used to work as an engineering contractor all over Europe and Asia, and honestly there aren't many places I'd rather be than America right now. Switzerland, Czech Republic, and Finland are the only European countries I didn't have problems with.

Not to mention how overpriced travelling to anywhere is from the US. The price of travel from London to Moscow is a fraction of the cost from New York to London.

>caring that much about horsepower

The STI doesn't shine in highway pulls, it never has. Just enjoy your car on the curvies.

>tfw 200 hp honda prelude 5th gen

Should I end myself?

20% left the country last year so wrong yuropoor

Mexicans going back home doesn't count

No, turbo it

if theyre american it does

I think you posted the wrong picture all I see is a wall magnet

>spending $40k on a Camry when that gets you a 420hp truck that's faster.

>power is speed
christ you busriders are retarded

@17541727
yuros don't even get camrys because they stopped buying them and only get avensis. enjoy your slow manual rebadged scions with tiny baby engines, lmao

>@
back to twitter with you

>160 hp civic si hatch

I mean I don't even pretend to be fast but being small and quick enough is still nice. I'm just glad I can see out the windows since everyone is apparently operating modern cars by HUD and backup cameras.

Half my school was black in Canada. They're not the niggers you have in the US and are pretty chill people, but I still wouldn't trust a car they put together

>doesn't even know what (you)-denying is
back to reddirt with you

Lol like 305 crank hp isn't enough.

are you implying that literally any subaru ever produced can actually turn?

you'd be wrong, btw

RIP in piece BRZ and FRS owners.

Modern cars are pigfat

I love how no one responded to this

>implying the Camry is faster around a track
>implying the Camry is more fun to drive

>implying bus riders can do more than mash the gas and try to keep in their lane

Toyota just wasted a year of my life putting multiple alternators in my vehicle and lying about the status despite it constantly dying until they finally realized there was a TSB that designated a special alternator for said vehicle.
In short, fuck Toyota and the shit heads who work for such a company. Also, toyota engages in the worst invasive data/cellphone tracking/marketing behavior. Their trucks are shit. The 4runner is shit. Their dealerships are total shit.

Not even close. But that is quite respectable for a commuter. I actually don't mind that pic either... Well done Toyota for trying to make cars fun again.

my volkswagen is slower

Because the Lexus IS exists. Its literally a camry but RWD.

I thought the IS was a Corolla

The IS isn't based on any of those cars.

The IS doesn't even offer the Carmy engina.

IS350 is much diff than a RWD Cumry.

That said, CARMY STRONKK

>420 hp
>0-60 in 4.5 sec
Nope

>Dodge, the official brand of dip, corn fields, and "hold mah beer"

>implying that's not fuckin' awesome

How is that a bad thing? Sounds pretty relaxing to me.

Sign me up.

>rusty brake rotors
drive more faggot

It is but idc because I have a land yacht

>mid-sized family car used to be slow, but has been involved in power wars for decades now
>hurr this car designed to be fast is faster than your car

Followed one of these around my local track for a while earlier this year. Left me on the straights but I caught back up by the first or second braking zone. Started pressuring him a bit and maybe 5 laps in, he blew a corner and went off, thankfully didn't hit anything. Session ended right then so I followed him into pits and saw his brakes were literally on fire and turned into charcoal.

>Toyota gave the Camry more power than the 86

Well it's not a track car and it really can't turn.

Yes, I fear that's faster than my GT86, the poorfag meme car, but hey it looks good right?