Where would a non technical guy like me go to get an app built? I know some java and swift, but not enough

Where would a non technical guy like me go to get an app built? I know some java and swift, but not enough.

I don't want to partner with anyone becasue I don't need too, but how much would getting a company to build it cost?

get me as a non-equal partner

>I know some java and swift, but not enough.

Just learn the rest. Programming isn't hard.

a hundred dollars per man hour if you already have a detailed wireframe with accompanying styling guides and very detailed feature lists with the technologies you want used. then double that rate when you want to add/change features since no one knows the code base except them.

if you don't have all that other stuff, no one will even consider you.

>non-equal
I may just be retarded, but I have no idea what that means in relation to a business partnership
I'm learning, I actually enjoy it too, but the rate at which I'm learning won't suffice, just because I need everything built now
I will explain the functionality of the app, nothing else, the business model is for me to know, programmers need to know one thing, and that's how to program.

That being said, I do respect their work, especially if they're good at what they do.

nigger did you even read my post?

Just re-read it, my bad.
Are you a developer/programmer by any chance?

>but how much would getting a company to build it cost?

You're looking at 4 digits

Yes.

I go around to different businesses making apps for them using a proprietary framework/toolkit that my company created and licenses, but they retain rights to any work we do.

This is a professional service, not cheap, and you need to do massive amounts of prep work to be taken seriously because no one wants to send a dev who will be wasting their time for an unspecified amount of months.

Could you code me a tinder-ish dating app? This thing is going to be fucking huge. I'll give you more equity than god, I just wanna be rich.

>tinder-ish dating app
>huge

Why not just use Tinder? Unless you have a magic solution for Tinder's (and all online dating) biggest problem of gender imbalance

You'll never succeed. I'll pay you $1 for your idea right now, take it or leave it.

That's not too bad, as long as they do a good job and the after care is good. E.G. Bug fixes, updates, system updates, adding new features and integrating new technologies on request.
Worth it imo
Yes I will
Nice, I'm up to spending 4 figures but I'm not willing to work remotely with any devs, I might just have trust issues, but I know for a fact not everything will go smoothly, there's always complications in tech

I would offer my servicrs for 150 an hour but u seem like a fucking douche that i wouldn't want to work with

>as long as they do a good job and the after care is good. E.G. Bug fixes, updates, system updates, adding new features and integrating new technologies on request.
hahahahaha
holy fuck
4 figures, lets say that's 9999$
you'll get ~66 hours of time from a dev, like, ONE, 1, uno
If you have ever worked before, without a big team beside/behind you, imagine what you can do in that time.
That's right, you can to jack shit when you are building from scratch.

To not be a total ass:
With that kind of money you should look into buying micro-services or something. Think of it as building software like lego.

I'll pay you $2 for your idea, as other poster surely does not know the value of it.

SwEng here. Just the backend for a Tinder-like will cost you over 20k easily, then over 10k for the app side, and more for updates/changes. If you were willing to hire indians for peanuts, you could do with much less, but the work would be shit and need redoing when you have more than two users.

A proper scalable backend is absolutely necessary. With it, you can hit millions of users without any hickups or skyrocketing costs; a shitty one would require you to add servers/Amazon/whatever instances more than linearly, and then stop working at some arbitrary limit like 10k users at the same time, requiring downtime and losing you those users.

>Tinder-ish app
>This autistic

I've made a dating app. AMA.

Uber for groceries.
there's an idea.

a lady down the street will pay you 10 bucks to go get her some ridged chips.

checkum

How much did it cost?

>what is shipt

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I don't really care what some random human on the internet thinks of me if I'm honest
>instacart
>shipt
>pea pod
>amazon fresh
>fresh direct
There are so many of them already, its not an idea to be mocked, becasue it has clearly worked well, but I think that ship has sailed
Well, if this is the case, what are the chances of meeting and partnering with a programmer in exchange for X% of the company?

Have you ever run a business before? Do you have everything together legally?

What country are you operating out of?

If the answer is yes, yes and the US we can talk business. Realistically a competent lead programmer will ask for 20-40% equity and equity that can be cashed out when all the other founders cash out as not to get fucked in the ass.

>Have you ever run a business before?
Yes
>Do you have everything together legally?
Not as of right now, however come the time, I will make it a priority
>What country are you operating out of?
Not the US, the UK. Although, I'm not one to sit on my ass and expect everything to come my way, opportunity lies miles away and I'm willing to relocate to grab it, as I have been in my past ventures.

I don't know if this will be a problem too you, but I'm 19, and still in university, so if I were to come over to the US, it would have to be in summer.
I don't know about meeting someone online though, do you think it would work? (considering we are both english speaking and actually good at what we do), or should we move on?

> what are the chances of meeting and partnering with a programmer in exchange for X% of the company?
Tiny. There's a quadrillion of idea guys offering part of the proceeds, if everyone else "just" does the work. Why would a programmer capable of doing that not do it themselves, when you don't even bring advertising dollars into the game?

In addition, people need to eat. Would you work for free, for someone else, for a promise that a few years down your options might be worth more than the paper they're on?

>Where would a non technical guy like me go to get an app built?
>I don't want to partner with anyone becasue I don't need too
Sounds like you do need to.

Because different people are good at different things, theres a million people who know how to program in this world, so why are they all not millionaires? By your logic, they all should be.
I also love how you bring up the term "ideas guy" as if you think all I have to offer is an idea, I know that ideas are worthless on their own.
I don't even know why I ask here anymore, everyone on Veeky Forums acts like an expert in every field ever and think their opinion reigns powerful over everyone elses.
You are no different. Contribute or get the fuck out.

>There's a quadrillion of idea guys offering part of the proceeds
Theres an equal amount of programmers
>if everyone else "just" does the work
Do you even know what you're saying? Ofcourse they would do the work, everyone needs to chime in, ONE FUCKING PERSON CANT RUN AN ENTIRE COMPANY YOU DIP SHIT
>Why would a programmer capable of doing that not do it themselves
You tell me, oh thats right, because not all programmers are Mark Zuckerberg, idiot
>when you don't even bring advertising dollars into the game?
Apparently, just becasue I didn't mention my marketing plan/budget, I dont have one. Great logic.
>In addition, people need to eat
People can eat you retard, I'm not asking anyone to quit their day job, and I'm not partnering with fucking indians who make like $100 a month, get it together man
>Would you work for free, for someone else, for a promise that a few years down your options might be worth more than the paper they're on?
Because its a risk that people are willing to take to become rich, in the future. If you sit there and work a steady job your whole life and dont take a single risk in business, you won't get anywhere, but you wouldn't know that, would you?

Your entire argument is bullshit from top to bottom, stop thinking you're some expert in the field when you can even see the reality of the tech startup industry, god, you're a moron.

>Theres an equal amount of programmers
Negative. There's not many programmers able to do a well-scalable backend, that's something like top 0.1% material. The app side? Yes, that's the easy part, most college-educated ones are able to do that.

> If you sit there and work a steady job your whole life and dont take a single risk in business, you won't get anywhere, but you wouldn't know that, would you?
Your value proposition is poor. It's not clear what of value you bring to the table, you've made it clear it's not money. And you did mention your budget, 10k being too much.

There's no need to get pissed. If you can't convince anons, you certainly can't convince someone in-person with this spiel. What exactly is your value? Figure that out, then present it to us.

You talk like a VC, but chances are, you're a fucking walmart employee, you don't sound smart and you have clearly never even tried anything like this.
>Yes, that's the easy part, most college-educated ones are able to do that.
Whats the easy part? The app or the business? If you mean building a profitable, scalable business, then you're dead wrong.
>Your value proposition is poor.
I didn't make the thread to propose myself to other anons, did you even read my OP?
>10k being too much
I didn't mention anything about my budget being 10k... you're making that up.
>If you can't convince anons
Convince you of what? Why you should partner with me, why you should invest with me?
Fuck off mate, why on earth would anyone do that on the internet over a publicly accessible thread?

Threads over, Veeky Forums has proven itself to be fucking useless, yet again.
Because morons like you litter the place and question others on their own endeavours, while knowing nothing about them. You make no sense.

thats why you make them sign NDAs and legal paperwork before doing your job, so you dont end up getting zuck'ed

>tfw came up with that idea years ago even before uber but dont know how to program and couldnt afford having someone make it

What kind of prep work?

Were you expecting encouragement? You got some good advice from this thread.