Why did they eventually get rid of their popup lights and added all of that rice shit to their cars?

Why did they eventually get rid of their popup lights and added all of that rice shit to their cars?

aero

Because it performs better and looks better.

Popups kill pedestrians. Same reason why BMWs don't have the cool nose anymore.

>Same reason why BMWs don't have the cool nose anymore
huh?

It sends peasants under the car.

pop ups look like shit ruin aerodynamics add needless complication and weigh a lot

anyone going for performance would get rid of them

wrong

companies could make popups but they are stupid as hell so they dont

Pop ups are shit

pretty sure they only exist because of minimum head light hight laws

I know that game...

Pop ups were removed for pedestrian safety or some bs like that, although I don't see how they're any less safe than fixed headlights. I see the whole 'pop out' thing, but wouldn't a component that moved out of a persons way (fold in, break pivot and rotate away, shear something and fall into car) be better than a fixed object connected directly to the frame?

Never watched stage 5 but shit man...

Isn't ryosuke supposed to be a doctor?

why did he turn his car into a manchild machine?

Doctors are manchildren who spend 8 years of their life in ramen mode and riddled with 250k in loans and come out with the mind of a white trash teenager who burns money on tasteless garbage. Or they buy a porsche they can't afford to stick in the garage of their plywood mcmansion next to the wife's white bmw convertible.

Aero reasons

Was this the final product with kayskays RX7?

at least his looks more fitting as a ricemobile and his NEET life

forgot pic

too stupid to get into med school, huh?

That hit too close to home?

he still isnt wrong, though

Popups don't kill pedestrians, idiots who hit pedestrians with cars do.

Nevertheless many countries have laws about pedestrian collision safety now.
I don't know if the USA have such laws (I'm guessing no from all the trucks with bullbars?), but there are enough countries to make it uneconomical for a company to design seperate bumpers/hoods/front fenders.

Wrong, peds are committing suicide en masse, don't you dare blame my innocent little pop ups.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Takahashi brothers and not cars in general like most people figured?

In short: performance.

replacing the cars' retractile headlights with fixed ones reduces the cars' coefficient of drag.
Carbon fiber hoods reduce weight and Keisuke's vented hood allows much more heat to be evacuated from the engine bay.
The big GT wings create downforce, which helps keep these powerful RWD cars under control at the limit. Keisuke's rear diffuser and front splitter also provide downforce.

To call this "rice" is stupid because these are very much useful modifications.

Bingo

>get hit by car
>die
>must be the pop-up headlights

its a technology meats law thing
projector housings were quite large
to make the nose lower they can be put in front of the wheel
but this can fall afoul of minimum head light hight laws
only when projector housing clould be made smaller and lamps more powerful can they be moved up while still keeping a low front
not that it matters now cars are super pig fat soap bars

old car with pre b& head lamps

the next iteration that comply with the new law

lol one of my xcom2 soldiers looks like this guy