Literally requires a cage to set its claimed quarter mile time

>literally requires a cage to set its claimed quarter mile time
>slower than a ecoboost mustang around a track
Is there a bigger automotive scam than this piece of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=ford gt integrated roll cage&rlz=1C1CHKD_enUS414US414&oq=ford gt integrated roll cage&aqs=chrome..69i57.4187j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
bandimere.com/racer-corner/general-racer-faq
rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/810486-why-does-gt3-come-without-roll-cage-in-america.html
autoevolution.com/news/us-spec-porsche-911-gt3-rs-can-t-get-a-roll-cage-but-bbi-will-build-you-one-104725.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Alphonse thread, do not reply

you forgot

>80,000 dollars
when you can buy a zl1 1le for 70k

It's the typical muscle car. A one trick pony.

Kek

yeah, the gtr.

Yes

Yes there is

Wouldn't not having the cage make it lighter/faster?

>illegal to sell production cars with roll cages

It's marketed to baby boomers who aren't going to even drive it fast anyway.

>wat is the Ford GT

It's a really fast toy for wealthy people that are too lazy to build a drag car. If they wanted to go fast around a track they'd probably drive their zr1 or Porsche.

>slower than a ecoboost mustang around a track

What kind of track times is it setting?

Where?

This. Half of them will be bought by boomers as 'investments' and will stay in a garage next to some overpriced classic muscle car. Just like what happened to the regular Hellcat.

its chassis qualifies as a roll cage

those are dope
would not buy one but this is undoubtedly the best era for muscle.

>what is a mono cock

>around a track
maybe because dodge specifically designed it to do sub-10's in a straight line

Hellcats have plummeted in price. They are by no means investments.

Doesn't qualify for the NHRA rules

>Just like what happened to the regular Hellcat.

Not really. I doubt they'll ever be worth as much as a 'cuda is now. Most people use them as DD's. I've seen a few women driving them.

>car solely designed to do 1/4 mile
>points out it's slow on a track

google.com/search?q=ford gt integrated roll cage&rlz=1C1CHKD_enUS414US414&oq=ford gt integrated roll cage&aqs=chrome..69i57.4187j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

that never happened and isn't happening to the hellcat, because it's a $60k car with a large production run

As stated earlier this cage doesn't count for NHRA rules. That's just a tubular frame most super cars already have. Modern unibody cars can technically be called "cages" the metal around the cabin is stronger than the rest of the body.

bump

You're quoting specs for funny cars man, don't be stupid.

>it's the boogeyman!

>buys a depreciating asset
>"it's an investment"
>too retarded to realize that even the cars that appreciate in value still won't even keep up with inflation

You have to pay for the rulebook. But I doubt the standards will be much different.

Can we all just appreciate FCA's master class in trolling boomers?

> Re-release challenger
> Boomers purchase them as investments
> Release Hellcat
> Previous investment challengers now used cars
> Boomers once again fall for the b8
> FCA releases the Demon
> Hellcats are now just used cars and depreciating fast.

...The GT3 has one.... It's not illegal dude.

Either way the Ford GT's roll bar is FIA sanctioned, so for you to say it doesn't meet funny car standards is irrelevant. The post I was replying to was asking where the roll cage was, which he can easily find by following the link I provided.

What did you expect from fiat.

I just appreciate their marketing for the car.

>"HURR ITS SO FAST THE NHRA BANNED IT!"
>"HERE LOOK AT THIS LETTER!"
>in reality it was banned because it was too fast for a non-rollcage production car, basically it breaks the rules of it's class, not that the NHRA is salty about it's speed or anything

it's dumb, but it's amusing

Yea, no. I appreciate the sales of cars that are worth buying, like Challengers. Soulless econoboxes are the death of all fun.

I like to hate FCA as much as the next autist but come on now, really? This is like calling superbikes a scam because they suck at rock crawling. The car was literally designed to go fast in a straight line and a straight line only.

Are you retarded? It's literally so fast it requires a rollcage to meet NHRA rules. That's not a scam, that's amazing.

What happens if you drive that skinny front tire setup on the street? I can imagine challenger fags doing this.
>I don't dislike the challenger btw

most tracks require a 13 second 1/4 time to require that kind of PPE, and that's not hard at all to achieve with a few thousand dollars on most platforms

It comes that way FROM THE FACTORY

A rollcage is not required for 13 second cars dingus. 9.99 and faster require a cage.

I see people driving around with skinnies and slicks out back all the time. It would be fine for getting groceries.

If you put on 4 good sticky tires I imagine this wouldn't handle too horrifically on a track.

11.5 seconds

Source:
bandimere.com/racer-corner/general-racer-faq

A Demon isn't going to break 11.5 at Bandimere. Either way, your own source proved the other user right, NHRA only requires a roll cage for 10.00 to 11.49 if the floorpan has been modified, stock floorpan and firewall remains at 9.99 to require a cage. 10.99 for a 5 pt roll bar at some tracks.

Roll cage provides stiffness and rigidity for proper weight transfer and acceleration

>A Demon isn't going to break 11.5 at Bandimere
Doesn't a Hellcat do like 11s with just a tire change? I'm not that impressed by the demon.

11s stock. 10s with slicks

Yeah, I can't really see a point to the demon then. I mean at least with the Hellcat you still have a land cruiser, but a demon is a full on drag car. If I actually had a choice I'd grab the SRT 392 because I like to mod.

>a demon is a full on drag car.

Not really. It's still got a full interior and is capable of being daily driven and used for trips. It's literally just a supercharged challenger with sticky tires, Nothing special.

yes, op is a retarded faggot like usual
the car can run in the 9s stock with no cage but NHRA sanctioned drag strips have tons of rules about safety equipment based on ET and MPH and by their rules the Demon needs a cage if you want to run 9s in it

Moar fast hellcat

no, its the only contemporary muscle car because its the only one that stayed true to its identity. It does the only thing a muscle car should do: go fast in a straight line.

Muscle cars were marketed to women as grocery getters.

>roll bar
>10.99 roll cage

in other words it can't run 9s without a cage. fiat is lying as usual

triggered pushie spotted

>why can't ships fly faster than fighter jets?

>What is a starship

rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/810486-why-does-gt3-come-without-roll-cage-in-america.html
>Why does GT3 come without roll cage in America?
autoevolution.com/news/us-spec-porsche-911-gt3-rs-can-t-get-a-roll-cage-but-bbi-will-build-you-one-104725.html
>US-Spec Porsche 911 GT3 RS Can't Get a Roll Cage

f