/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Realistic Monster edition

>Notice
If you're having trouble going online, update either Luma or your 3DS, or both.
As a reminder, 11.4 cannot be hacked if you have not already hacked your 3DS before, if you're thinking of playing MHXX.

>News
Athena's ASS for MHXX: mediafire.com/folder/9hl2c2zbp7h1l/MHXX
Update 1.1 w/ Eng Patch v2.1: my.mixtape.moe/bkbjso.png
English Patch Project: gbatemp.net/threads/465296
Monster Hunter Stories is coming West this fall.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Valfalk, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

The real problem with valk is that its weapons look nice but are all shit

Grandpa, pick me a weapon for F1!

>He isn't a solo hunter

SnS

I want to give Milsy all my horn coins!

Little kids with pet dragons straight out of classical mythology

post more charlotte
little kid ruthlessly devoured by wild animal as it was dumb enough to try to pet a killing machine

Little kids irreversibly turning into dragons against their will!

Easiest way for farming True Armor Spheres? I run out of them...

The SnS was okay until you can acquire Alzodia lv 5.

Bow's the only Dragon Rapid Bow if you have Up iirc
Others depend on whether you want RS/Sharpness+ or to fully invest in Raw Boosters

>little kid ruthlessly devoured by wild animal as it was dumb enough to try to pet a killing machine
wow... ur so edgy and dark... im glad 2 play the same mature and tough game as u...

she's not petting a moofah

Anything special about White Fatty I should know before fighting it?

Smack the back legs like all the others?

Load Up

Has someone already uploaded this album? I'm craving for those sweet wyverian medolies.

It's a grandpa.

Their gimmick is that due to their infinite sharpness you can forego all sharpness skills as well as readiness. It's fairly legit.

>master1200

Enlarge the image before saving it.
Top righ hand corner.

When it enrages, everywhere except head/neck/chest become even worse hitzones and you'll start bouncing

It's basically saying "if you're not already using GS or gun you'd better fucking use one now"

Meme!

it has nearly 24k hp and the back legs are a 10 hitzone when in armor mode

if you don't hit the head/neck, you'll in all likelihood time out

>899x1019

what about gl

Aerial GL is my favorite meme strat.

Post enlarged images, nya!

A N I M E A N I M E A N I M E

R E A L I S M R E A L I S M R E A L I S M

A N I M E L I S M

assuming a normal 5 gunlance, artillery expert (1.2x), load up, felyne bombardier (1.1x), brave mode (1.5x to fullbursts)

you will need to land about 75 fullbursts, or around 2 fullbursts per minute in order not to time out

Hey guys im a casual player and i wanted to ask what the deal with XX is? Is it good or bad?

I only played 4 onwards so i don't know much but Ive seen theres a translation patch out there so i might check it out.

How many fucking Charlottes have that guy drawn?
Was it obsession? Was it autism?

>I only played 4 onwards
It's going to be good for you then. 4 and onward are only step backwards to those who played before, XX is straight up a massive upgrade to 4U.

whats new/good?

>wizeweb.net says that White Fatalis's head and neck remain as dragon weakspots in rage mode
>but Pingsdex 4U say that White Fatalis'head and neck become immune to dragon element in rage mode

dunno only seen like three

Seems like the squid GL would be good for that

>4 and onward are only step backwards to those who played before
Lol, 4U is better then any other game before it.

It's pretty good, people's issue with the game seem to be the endgame, which consists of making armor sets for transmogging and hunting monsters with artificial difficulty tied to them (honestly, not much different from 4U); and brave style, which pretty much breaks the game.

If you ignore some styles and arts completely, it is one of the best MH games out there.

>voices in PSP sound quality

>If you ignore the terrible monster designs, AOE spam and Tonfas, Frontier is one of the best MH games out there.

Mario Party is a fantastic MH Game if you ignore the fact it's not MH

>4U is better then any other game before it.
False.
Also, XX is far better than 4U since the "artificial difficulty" and grind at late game is less bad.

>hypers
>super deviants

>Frontier is far better than mainline since the "artificial difficulty" and grind is only at endgame and aren't as bad as fans perceive them.

I wouldn't know since I don't play it.
Regardless since everything has been forced genwars by shitposters after 3U came out I'm willing to believe it's not bad as it's said.

>apex
>GQs

Its somewhat better, but I wouldn't say by far.

Both games did some good things and their share of bad, but what matters is that they're both good experiences overall.

>they're both good experiences overall.
Nah.

Nothing with Hypers, deviants, that skill balance and that AI can be good.

>gr4ndp4

I hate variety

oh yes I sure do love a tigrex that only throws rocks at you and hypers using the same move up to five times in a row CONSISTENTLY

>gr4ndp4

Apex Seregios spams its two divekicks much more than any hyper does any move.

>chXldrXen

Rate my hunter. Just finished the story mode.

I can understand not liking 4U and beyond but I genuinely am puzzled at people shitting on XX and defending 4U when XX only improved.

Hyper Seregios does it much more, Apex's Seregios does it because of the added scale for the bleeding on top of doing it to melee but otherwise the moveset is fairly varied, Hyper is just so fucking spammy.

>blue eyes
no soul/10

Kirito Hair/10

Kirito has shota smooth short hair?

who would want brown hair intentionally?

The difference here is that Tonfas and specially the Monsters are the main part of the game, while styles and arts are not. Hunting was pretty much unchanged outside of a few QoL improvements the series really needed.

How do you unlock Yukumo Ticket G in MHXX?

>styles and arts are not. Hunting was pretty much unchanged
I wonder if he genuinely believes this lunacy he wrote. Also he's conveniently ignoring the new shitty mainline monsters.

Is there a confirmed best melding for XX?

>I wonder if he genuinely believes this lunacy he wrote
Considering how unironic his wording is, it is certain he does believe his eldritch logic is common sense.

>Tonfas and specially the Monsters are the main part of the game
And all the monsters and new weapons mainline adds over the years aren't?

there is GOOD creativity and BAD creativity
mainline only has GOOD creativity, frontier and online only have BAD creativity

X and XX is a spinoff

Exactly.

>You don't have to hunt these unrealistic monsters! I swear XX is better than every past game out there!

MHO's only bad OC is Not-Alatreon, the Skullcrab and the fights, the beaver is a little bland.
MHF's bad OC is the post 8.0 shit with some exceptions here and there, this only monster-wise, everything else is much better but still flawed.
Mainline gets fucked, especially as of late but there's some good, Maccao was great.
Problem with X and XX is the Paper Mario problem, it's "the same" but actually not at all.

>used to love SA
>slowly it become boring and stale to me because the only good deeps is two attacks
>pick up CB
>slowly fall in love

>hunter

>Problem with X and XX is the Paper Mario problem, it's "the same" but actually not at all.
>whiny bitch who hates MH is some sort of nintendrone
as always

Great arguments there

None of the new weapons added to a mainline game have ever been as broken as the tonfas, nor has any new monster reached frontier levels of AoE spam, so it isn't an issue.

My point is, you can ignore arts and styles completely since the game wasn't balanced around them, you can hunt just like you hunted in 4U and be perfectly fine, so they're not the main focus of the game.

Great arguments there

I don't like or play them, they're the best example of bad innovation the general would get considering MH is now Nintendo.
Would you prefer a WoW analogy? Or Guild Wars?

>hunter

Where to get Stories update file with latest English patch?

>your legit mh questions are never answered
>bait gets 100 replies

FUCK YOU, ALL OF YOU
FUCK DISCORD SHITTERS SHITTING UP THE THREAD
FUCK YOU SHITPOSTERS
FUCK ALL OF YOU ARGUING ABOUT IRRELEVANT LORE
FUCK ALL OF YOU NOT TALKING ABOUT THE GAME
FUCK EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU
I HOPE YOU ALL DIE A VERY SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH

Here's a (You).

>bait is automatically discord people

sorry we actually play the game

>IRRELEVANT LORE
>Irrelevant
>not the game
???

Are there Motion Values available for the Bow's Arc shots? I need to use them to build up Brave, but I don't like using them because they use up my Power Coatings, so I wanna know if they're atleast worth using.

>F1 is so hardcore you start naked
wew lad

But hunter-san, soap comes from there!

>it's 3AM in waffleland and the robot is still online
can someone check gen? is it all alone in a hub?

>Can you draw Atrulka and Frostpeak together?
Delivering.

Original requester here, that is 10/10

You could just wait until you're in brave to put on coatings if you're that concerned.

Someone make a room already wtf.

no, you make one

No, (You)

Make one and I'll join.
I've had enough of playing with japs for today.

>make room
>next post greentexts "discord room" and goes on a rant
He's just waiting to do that.

>still only discord room up
just end my suffering

Like pottery

Are you such a thin-skinned faggot that you care? Just make a room, people will join.