/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we discuss Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including cartoons and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #748 - Believe in the Fast edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EzmlZGjHvdo
youtube.com/watch?v=XHb6sza5mZs
youtube.com/watch?v=yEmU1B_0BdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Here are Sonic's teams from all media.

Rate them from Best to worst.

Alright guys, let's have slightly autistic a discussion about characters.

What kind of relationship do you think Tails and Sonic have that work the best for them?
Hero - Sidekick
Brotherhood
Father figure - Child figure
Or do you think it should be a combination of the three/two?

My headcanon is that they started as hero and sidekick, with Tails looking up to Sonic. But as they grew older they started seeing each other as equals.

Father figure is definitely not at all their relationship.

I will believe!

In terms of design:
Runners
Nu-Freedom Fighters
Pre-Freedom Fighters
Sonic Advance Team
Sonic 06 Team
Sonic Boom
Shit
Sonic the Comic Team
SATAM Freedom Fighters
Super Smash Bros. Team
Actual fucking vomit mixed in with the shit.
Sonic the Hedgehog Band
The Freedom Team

In terms of power:
Pre-Freedom Fighters because Sonic and Tails are both literal gods in that universe.
Sonic 06 because you literally have a team of The World, Killer Queen and King Crimson in hedgehog form.
Super Smash Bros. because Megaman and Pac-man are OP as fuck in their universe as well.
Sonic Advance because Cream is a fucking OP peice of shit.
Sonic Boom because the team can work together to get things done pretty damn well. It's just getting them to work together that's the problem.
Nu-Freedom Fighters because they're literally a more gimped version of the pre-boot.
Sonic the Comics because Tails, Knuckles and Amy together on a team with Sonic is always going to be pretty strong.
Sonic Runners because it's a more gimped version of the above listed teams just in terms of sheer size.
SATAM Freedom Fighters because they're pretty fucking incompetent and mostly win because of Sonic and Sally getting a Dues Ex Machima.
Shit
Sonic the Hedgehog Band because what the fuck could these guys even do outside of sounding like absolute trash.
The Freedom Team because who the fuck are these kids?

R8 my autism.

Top to bottom = best to worst

You forgot the 4th route of relationships user.
The fujo route.

>Super Smash Bros. because Megaman and Pac-man are OP as fuck in their universe as well.
And off record Megaman can summon his other incarnations.
Literally the best final smash next to Shulks.

>Satam Trash above the Smash Bros.

>not the full A-Team

SEGA and NINTENDO mixing was a huge mistake.

You were a mistake.

free them

she's too cute and kinda sexy

>Gantz

youtube.com/watch?v=EzmlZGjHvdo

The Chosen One >Throw it All Away > Never Turn Back > I Am... All Of Me > This Machine > All Hail Shadow > Almost Dead > Waking Up

Why is Amy doing Gangnam style alone in a ruined Chao Garden?

Any news on the comics?

Can Amycucks compete?

Frogposters need to be executed and their relatives sterilized.

>pepe-sal

Anyone get that email from Archie yet?

why are his skates fucked up?

They like to render them roughed-up sometimes. I guess it's 'cause he's old or hardcore or something.

In an unrelated subject, here's a guilty pleasure themesawng.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHb6sza5mZs

They've put that detail in his shoes since ShTH.

I don't know why but I never liked rouge's sa2 songs until about a few years ago. now her songs are some of my favorites in the entire franchise.

Likewise.
>Strange isn't it?

Shame smash 4 was garbage, but at least the third party characters were good.

I haven't really played Smash 4. How's it garbage compared to Brawl?

Why is the level design in Generations 3DS so fucking awful?

Dimps had to rush it. Also they blantantly copy pasted some levels.

Archie are utter lying cunts. They're the Konami of comics.

It plays fine. Melee and Brawlfags just hate change.

>Comparing Archie to Konami
Brutal.

>Melee

How is this shit not dead yet.

As characters who interact with each other as a team and not just their skills

>Sonic Boom
The characters bounce off each other so well, there's not a friendship dynamic not left unexplored, no-one's really out of the limelight, the characters are able to sit there and talk about mundane shit and also fight cool robots and it's so natural to them.
>Team Sonic
Because sometimes we can all make it if we just stick together
>FREEDOM FIGHTERS - Reboot
This team isn't just a bunch of stereotypes doing stereotypical things, it's a bunch of stereotypes working well within the cast and bouncing off other characters as well as enemies. Shame they're dead
>Fleetway Sonic
It had a lot of good ideas and is genuinely the best (outside of OVA) to come out of 90's Sonic outside the games. Also Amy and Tekkno lesbians and fun look at dickhead Sonic.
>Sonic Advance Team
I mean, it's a team. Cream doesn't bring much to the team outside of Amy's interactions. MR. SONIC and MR. SHADOW and MR. EGGMAN is cute though.
>Freedom Fighters Preboot
I like them a lot, but they're dragged down by a past of Penders that makes even the good stuff a bit tainted
>Team Classic All Stars
I mean they fight against each other but they're all cool people
>SATAM
I don't like this show all that much, it hasn't aged well, it just has that Wow it's a bit darker aspect to it. And from designs to story, it just seems it was written for a different show and they shoved Sonic into it. As a team though, Rotor's horrifically unused, and Tails is useless. Gays Walruses need not apply.
>Sonic: Back to the Future
I mean Shadow kicks Silver that's funny
>The Freedom Team
IT'S A PIG WEARING A JACKET. But in all honesty, it looks a lot more 90's, and it's obvious Johnny Lightfoot and Porky and shit were based off this. Rip in peace
>Sonic Band
That chicken doesn't even want to be there c'mon.

Dimps had 8 months to make the entire game.

Same for me for It doesn't matter - I used to prefer the version from SA2, now I prefer the original from SA much more

It was a huge improvement. Shame Sakurai went full autismo and didn't include another story mode. Would've loved watching Sonic, Megaman, Pac man, and Mario interact. Also Shulk because random visions during cutscenes would've been great. It was also better than Melee. Don't tell the fanboys, they'll kill me.

Its really up in the air for me. Sometimes its good then it takes a fucking nosedive. This shit is really noticeable in modern Sonic's stages.

You want the truth?

First I'll start off by saying fuck Nintendo in general, especially jewing out and going full activision with DLC.

The issue with Smash 4 is how fucking unbalanced it was, and still to a point is. As usual they had to casualize it and take out things like L-cancel and wavedashing, to ledge grabbing and weight of characters. Sakurai has stated he wants the game to be "more fair so there isn't a huge gap between skilled players and noobs". Basically saying to people who like to get good at fighting games to fuck off because lil tyrone should be able to rubber band anyone. It has shit priority on attacks, with some characters being OBJECTIVELY better than others, and it has had over 5 billion patches because the developers were incompetent as fuck when the game released.

As a party game it's just fine, but holy shit it's such a mess if you even try to be somewhat competitive. It's only fun when it's fucking weenie hut jrs with all items on, gay maps with gimmicks, and normie friends.
Oh fuck off, they made it so literally anyone can be on par with a "pro" through shit mechanics like rage and not being punished for doing dumb shit like being reckless off ledges. Air dodging is also so fucking cheap since you can't do sets up when people waste their dodge. It plays fine if you want party game, but saying it's good as anything more than that is just wrong

must be dat crunchy riff and solo
youtube.com/watch?v=yEmU1B_0BdQ

>gay maps with gimmicks
>playing on maps with gimmicks
>complaining about it when omega stages exist
Lemmie guess, memeleefag?

I really hope Megaman and Sonic return for Smash 5. Most of all, I want Sonic to be classic sonic, That way way they could justify his moveset better and replace the homing attack with slash attack and have him not talk

I can't tell if people are shitposting or are actually butthurt anymore.

That's nice, Timmy. Now go sit down before you hurt yourself.

>Omega stages
>Every stage has to be final destination

Why not just play fucking final destination? Maps can be neutral with platforms and shit. They wanted to make a non competitive game into a competitive game.
>slash attack
Are you referring to the spin slash?

>Sonic doesn't use the instashield in Smash

Fuck.

>Wavedashing
It's been 16 years. Melee had a good run, just let it die in peace.

>Wavedashing
Fine, but taking out L-canceling and how ledge grabs work, and adding every character being light as fuck, along with rage and constant air dodge is retarded.

The shit that made you more efficient gameplay-wise, was taken out so EVERYBODY CAN WIN! SKILL NOT REQUIRED!

>reeee fuck gimmick maps
>reeee fuck final destination
Being the middle man ain't gonna get you no where.

>>Sonic doesn't use the instashield in Smash
He sort of does in his neutral special

Literally all you need is platforms that may or not move, maybe an area to drop down below, it's not that fucking hard.

If a map has a retarded stage hazard (which 95 percent of maps in tr4sh have), then it ruins any kind of chance of balance.

It's not the same.

Do you mean the Screw Attack?

I'd prefer that over having the same people compete and winning all the damn time. There's nowhere else to go now.

Which is why omega stages exist, so you don't have to deal with those retarded ass gimmicks. If you're really loosing your corn chips over omega stages not having platforms then you truly do have autism.

>Game calls itself a party game
>Makes all the attempts to make it so everyone can enjoy, including kids, their primary audience
>Market it as a fun for all the family

It's not like they lied to any of you guys, just fucking play melee again if you don't like a company making something they said they'd make, you tools.

>I'd prefer that over having the same people compete and winning all the damn time

Now THIS is autism. You are literally saying you would prefer everyone to be equal in a sport so everyone gets a trophy, instead of people who train and work hard being on top and rewarded for skill.

You just described communism.

>open /sthg/
>end up on /ssbg/
lol

If Melee is so good then how come Smash 4 got into the sunday slot at EVO?

That's an opposite extreme too, I'm just choosing the lesser of two evils.

I just want to see some more variety in Melee. Is that really so hard?

STOP REPLYING TO OBVIOUS BUTTHURT AND BAIT!

What you're doing is going to the kids racing events and complaining that the kids get to have jet-shoes because their little legs can't keep up with your adult body.

This isn't the Olympics, this is a kids thing, fucking christ man. I ain't even that guy, if you really want to become the best in the world, find another fighting game or just continue to play Melee, you autist.

Omega stages are all final destination, none of them have platforms, or any kind of difference. It's final destination with a different coat of paint. I wouldn't complain if Omega stages would have some platforms, maybe something that moves, it doesn't really matter. Having final destination 50 times does not mean the game has a lot of neutral stages.
>Nintendo buys their way in to evo
>A convention for fighting games
Yeah, not trying to make it more than it is for sure.
So you want to see a variety of people who win? What the fuck does that evmean?

Are you tired of winning, user?

Sonic is most likely a European hedgehog, so what nationality is he or did he family come to America at the turn of the century like a lot of Europeans

>another fighting game
I've heard good things about BlazBlue

I'm surprised Nintendo did that to be honest.

Showcasing the very worst of your fanbase to the world when you're trying to convince people you're for the family, including old gamers and new, is a fucking stupid idea.
It's like McDonalds having an advert about healthy people with fat american bastards on it.

Also yeah, the fighting. I guess just getting that dough I suppose.

Except Nintendo says anyone can come play, but the kids get rocket boosters so trained athletes are on the same par as them.

Which is fine, except Nintendo advertises it that it's "competitive" yet no matter how bad or good you are, you're forced to play at the same skill level. If Nintendo didn't force the idea of it being competitive, I wouldn't give a shit, but they do.
>European
Sonic doesn't rape women or blow up buildings.

Melee is fine, but now it's gotten extremely stale. Litterally the opposite end of the spectrum.

Oh, how I wish I could win.

>be you
>have autism
>be maximum oversalty that a party game always marked as one doesn't cater to your niche
>don't know what restrained is
>compare everyone not on my side to historical serial killers

And exactly THAT attitude is why you tourneyfags are the horsefuckers of the vydia community.

Like I said, losing your corn chips, autism, reeee no platforms. I don't want to call you a child because we're both reasonable adults but I will tell you to do some growing up. Hve fun getting juggled in For Glory because your precious platforms aren't there.

NO! LET THE SEA SALT FLOW!

Europe & American don't exist in Sonic.

>Great starting history.
>Had quite a few blunders but they were always ambitious.
>Nowadays tries to do everything in his power to not talk about or hide said blunders.
>Try to "expand his horizons" by opening up to more media.
>It failed horribly and is currently fucking him in his own ass.
Sonic is German.

You mean Guilty Gear. Reasonable mistake.

Speaking of Smash, I do hope Sakurai gonna include Studiopolis as the new additional stage for Smash 4 Switch.

Also Inkling, Bomberman, K.rool, Spring Man and Shovel Knight please.

>Just getting that dough
Proof Nintendo is no better than EA and activision.
Smash 4 has gotten stale because every match is the same, and when I reached my peak playing it, it would just boil down to getting lucky to decide who won the match.
>party game always marked as one
Once again, bought in to evo.
>Juggling
>Smash 4
Good joke, I can just spam air dodge and edge hog :)

I SAID CEASE THIS!

I do hope Sakurai dies from his boneitis and maybe someone competent can take over Smash.

>Melee Elitists

>not being a high class counter babby, Cloud2win, or flying under the radar Bayofags.

First you guys need to understand that

Nintendo = / = Sakurai
They are two different entities with differing views on Smash and even Nintendo itself is split (JP, US, EU).

DELETE YOURSELF

Just woke up. Why are you faggots discussing Smash in the Sonic thread?

kek
my bad.
>how 'bout Arcana Heart?

>A business is no better than these businesses
Well shit son, if I put a lot of money into making a game I'd whore it out.

Luckily I make my own shit with no money
Which is why nothing will ever release

Can confirm this. This shit is the same as SEGA, otherwise Phantasy Star Universe would have lasted just as long in the West as it was in the East, and why we will never get PSO2.

Melee elitisim and Eggman rumored to be part of the roster in the Smash Switch Port.

Yer not 'avin fun, mate?

Everytime.
tl;dr

People were talking about the different groups and teams in Sonic and it snowballed from there.

Go play Persona 4 Arena instead or wait for the obligatory P5A.
Also Tekken 7 hype

The only fighting game discussion I have fun in is GG and BB but this isn't even discussion this is just a blatant shitposter getting replies from naive idiots or other blatant shitposters.

>flying under the radar Bayofags
I sincerely hate these assholes because they're either shit or a high class douche bag that's probably laughing at you as they watch you try your damnest to predict their next move before landing.

you got it.
Fuck yeah Tekken, son!

Isn't that the general that had one user shoot another?

The worst part is that no one called him out of his shit, he clearly knows nothing about the competitive scene and is mostly likely one of the many stream monsters who doesn't play any Smash at a competitive level and just parrots others.