Why is it that old motorcycles look so much better as cafe racers?

Why is it that old motorcycles look so much better as cafe racers?

I don't understand why but as soon as an old bike had the fenders taken off and a bunch of cafe style mods it just looks 10x cooler than it originally did.

Other urls found in this thread:

bikeexif.com/cb-cafe-racer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's not a cafe racer my dude.

How is it not?

I have never owned a bike but I know exactly what you mean. I know it "ruins" the value of the bike but it really does look so much better

thats a bobber my nigga get that boomer trash outta here

It's not even close. That's brat / tracker style.

It's literally a cafe racer.

bikeexif.com/cb-cafe-racer

>knobby tires
>tracker bars

It couldn't be more not a cafe racer

You don't know what you are talking about.

>hipster faggots misuse terminology

Wow I'm convinced

Are you literally retarded? This is a cafe. The bike posted by OP is tracker style. Lern into vintage bikes Tyler.

Okay yeah nobody cares.

Can we just talk about the topic or nah?

well the topic would have been relevant if you were accurate but the topic and the example are not the same thing

also cafe racers are a shit

Actually Tyler here. Retro bikes are hella gay.

Current year best year.

Look hos shit that looks compared to a brat or cafe racer.

Even the mirrors are dorky.

So what if I wanted brat handle bars but with a cafe seat?

What would that be?

"Hella gay"

A cowl seat? No idea hybrid style I guess.

It looks like a giant black dildo.

>wanting to sit on a giant black dildo every time you ride your motorcycle

when you actually a ride a motorcycle some day, you will understand.

Yeah.

Just do us all a favor and fuck off since you don't even know what you're talking about?

This one looks okay but the red one just looks dorky.

Please do not write out statements and then use a question mark?

Yeah nah.

my bike was bone stock other than the bar end mirrors because I lost the stock ones.

a bone stock CB350f is a great looking bike

>"Looks' Like shit

See that's problem, you never ridden a motorcycle, what looks like shit often makes complete sense when riding.

Hipsters faggots like you are no better than stance faggots not understanding vehicle dynamics and only going with what looks good, and not with what functions well.

You know who else does that? Women.

Euro bike pleb, rice bike is elite bike, 2017 blade here to slay y'all

If you took all mirrors and fenders off then put them in the garbage, added a cowl seat and smaller indicators it would look better though.

the joke->
your head

You're a fucking faggot and have mirrors under your bars don't you, bet it's really cool when you have to move awkwardly to see your mirror and whilst doing so aren't paying attention to the road and you fucking die.

If I cared more about riding than what it looks like I would just get a modern transformer bike.

Still better than looking like a dork.

My father recently picked one of these up for $500 in pristine condition. I always thought they looked amazing, and it looks quite similar to the CB350 in my opinion.

Shut up and buy a pasta bike.

Alright then don't bitch and whine when you get yourself hurt becuase of "muh aesthetics"

yeah UJMs from the era all look pretty much the same.

that being said, I miss having a slow road bike. That i4 is pretty sweet from what I have heard.

Who would ride a motorcycle and then complain when they get hurt?

People who don't think they're accountable for their own actions.

You know hipsters, millennials etc....

I hope you put the fenders and dorky indicators in the bin and shorten that exhaust.

If you ever go into the bike general you'll see numales who literally think they're invincible on a bike.

If you want to be safe don't ride a motorcycle at all.

>implying you aren't

It's impossible to get hurt until you die!

UJM boiiiiis

or, you know, leave it as is because it is a classic motorcycle and they aren't making any more of them.

if you want to hack one up, hack up one that is already modified or one that is fucked to begin with.

problem with a CX cafe racer is you can't move the controls due to the design of the transmission.

and those ones are hideous

I'd rather they were all destroyed and made to be nice instead of ridden by fuck tards.

It's like when I see an impala that has been restored instead of turned into a lowrider.

It pisses me off that someone has wasted a good vehicle by being boring.

>It pisses me off that someone has wasted a good vehicle by being boring.
why are you angry when others enjoy their own posessions? It's not a communal vehicle. as for keeping things original, there's only a finite amount of them.

furthermore, I highly doubt you've ridden a bike because if you did you would understand that a flat board seat, clip ons and stock controls is pretty much unrideable for more than 15 minutes

If people can be angry about cafe racers why can't I be angry about resto jobs?

how are there this many useless designation for slow pos hipstermobiles with 30hp or less

because you are a child who is speaking without experience, and is getting upset that the world doesn't care about his thoughts and is pointing out the retardation.

Because old bikes started it, and the entire thing was based around modifying old bikes to go fast.

Now it's an 'aesthetic' it's ruined.

I can relate to other things though.

Like I have a modified honda crx.

Some people have actually been restoring them to original lately despite the standard ones not even being good.

I just don't get why all the crap all over them makes them look so bad?

Were they trying to make them ugly?

Always loved this picture. Something about the way the bike is propped up on the side of the road, as if dutifully waiting for you to ride it up some unknown mountain. It's the priority of rideability over flashy modifications that makes the bike look so desirable. Like a 7/10 girl who can wrench and cook.

It's like a fat chick who can cool and isn't crazy.

It kinda makes sense but you would still rather a crazy chick 10/10 slut.

I love that picture as well. I liked this one a lot more, the bike was actually in the middle of the road.

>standard ones not being good
they where pretty decent. not fast, but genuinely nice.

I wouldn't quite call the CX 500 a fat chick. In my eyes it actually looks pretty good just the way it is.

Some modifications can look fitting if done right, but a lot of cafe racer/tracker builds end up making the bike look like it's trying to be something it's not. The original cafe racer was modified to be lighter and faster, not to be cute. I say do what you can to reduce weight and increase power up to the point where the bike doesn't hold you back, but preserve the fundamental form of the bike.

after having put ~13000 miles on one, here's what I would do.
>pod filters
>li-ion battery
>bar end mirrors
>Mac 2-1 exhaust
>CB900f brakes
that's pretty much it. the seat is pretty dang good, and the bars are just right. The example you posted is on point.

As a rider, I can't understand why anyone would ever want a cafe bike. The handlebars are too narrow and downward pointing. You cramp your wrists on the things. You're also humping a tank which was not made for humping. There's no cutout for knee purchase, and it doesn't arch high to support your stomach.

The result of riding a cafe bike is sore wrists and backs and cramped legs. Not a good recipe for an enjoyable ride.

I dare say that if you take a modern 600 supersport and literally just strip the plastics off and put on a round headlight, you'd have a 10x better cafe racer. More enjoyable to ride, more comfortable, and absolutely fucking no one would tell the difference, except it's missing the caterpillar shaped seat.
Which is also shit for riding because you slip off the damn things unless you're holding on.

Also, I owned a classic. Owned. As in previously. I got tired of fixing the thing and now I'll never go back to a pre-2000 motorcycle. Not until I get a proper garage to get it properly sorted before I put it on the road.

this in vt?

No that was in Oregon

cafe-racers and cafe-racer styles motorcycles DO look amazing
that's the thing, nobody can deny that they look really aesthetic

HOWEVER
and its a big ol' however,
the ENTIRE community of contemporary cafe-racers are absolute 100% completely irredeemable faggots
every single one is an unbelievably gigantic homo who doesnt know shit about motorcycling outside of taking instagram photos

sure buddy

they don't, and anyone who thinks they do is a degenerate.
stop molesting and ruining classic bikes you assholes!

>a modern 600 supersport and literally just strip the plastics off and put on a round headlight, you'd have a 10x better cafe race

That sounds horrible.

Another case of hipsters like it so I can't either.

You are making them better.

The White Death boys

Shut the fuck up you liberal cunt.
I have seen you post about how you like cafe look before in DBT.
That is a cafe. Don't listen to all the dumb no-bike niggers.
Not all cafe bikes have to be 100% the same.
Cafe is just about removing the non necessities and making a bike more minimalist and low pretty much.