Was looking for a used AWD car, because I'm tired of driving in extreme Canada winter in a FWD civic (not SI)...

Was looking for a used AWD car, because I'm tired of driving in extreme Canada winter in a FWD civic (not SI). Was looking at used impreza. The only other car I can think of is a Lancer. I don't really care about CVT, for or against. Everywhere I look it seems that subaru's AWD system is better.

I would get a WRX, but the prices in Canada are stupid for a decent new one.

awd fusion with the 2.0ecoboost

bigger car, nicer interior, no subaru tax

why not a new Impreza?
they're sub-$20k (in the states at least)

>inb4 it has some kind of haldex or whatever, it's good enough for hooning

Subaru Legacy 2.5t GT. Same awd system and engine as a wrx, but in a larger more comfortable and better looking imo car (with only a few hundred extra pounds). Also way lower price due to no wrx tax.

idk why people think you need full time awd for snow. just get some good tires and a vehicle that sends power to all4 when needed.

>nicer interior
big playskool plastic ipad dash
ford plastic (arguably the worst interior quality in the world)
>bigger car
why would you want that, the fusion handles like shit because of it, basically negates the point of having AWD in the first place, not to mention its not even half as good as subaru's
this is all coming from a fusion owner

>Subaru vape tax
>shitty boxer motor
>3rd tier japanese manufacturer

Honestly OP, you are better off shooting yourself in a head than buying a subaru.

why do they even use boxer engines?
what advantage does it give them?
size?

Long ago, as all ingrained myths begin, haldex was shit. Mostly because front differentials were non-existent and Subarus were for sheep farmers. Now that front diffs are actually a thing and the userbase doesn't really need real awd, it's breddy gud.

>Willingly associating yourself with douche flutes.

lower center of mass for better handling
they can charge you more for labor at the dealership because theres two banks of cylinders for a measly 4 in total

It makes them completely uncompeditive in the world rally championship so they can never blow their PR budget competeting again.

Torque mostly. It's not an efficient or powerful engine but it's peppier than an equivalent i4.

>what advantage does it give them?

>spark plugs that are harder to change
>another head gasket to fail
>extra service costs
>compromised suspension geometry because the engine is so wide
>an engine block that roasts over it's own exhaust manifold
>an intake manifold that acts as a giant prewarmer for the charge

The wrc rally cars that Subaru uses do use a boxer you fucking retard

It allows the car to sound like it has diarrhea underwater

LMAO!!

You do know half the reason they pulled out was because the boxer impeded weight shifting on gravel in comparison to the inline 4 cars. It's the reason Subaru did absolutely awful in their last couple years.

They haven't re-entered because they know their signature drivetrain layout is not compeditive anymore.

Charger. Can't remember which trim gets AWD tho

Plain would be $22,240 with out tax and tax is 12% here. I would have to finance it, and I hate financing.

For the people saying not subaru, what is your suggestion?

>For the people saying not subaru, what is your suggestion?
Audi, the OG AWD car.

Charger AWD price is insane.

Focus RS

It's the best AWD car out there, easily beats the Impreza on the track

If I can't afford a WRX, the RS is even more.

Only two awd cars I can think of is Subaru and Mitsubishi lancer in that used price bracket I can afford.

Better go crazy then, all charger drivers are.

Suzuki SX4's are AWD, (some of them) but they're worse than a Nissan or GM econobox.

Would a Mitsubishi be any worse for its AWC system?

dude stop memeing. snow traction is more about tires even in hilly areas. wheel slip happens when the tires can't grip.

>snow traction is more about tires ev

No shit, do think I'm idiot that would leave all seasons on a AWD car. I know how AWD works. Just not the quality on the vehicles. That's why I'm here. AWD helps you get going and helps you not get stuck. That's why I want an all wheel drive.

the 4 most popular cars in America don't have AWD, let alone full time AWD. just get whichever all wheels cucked vehicle is cheaper

Do I live in America?

Pretty much.

uNLESS YOU ARE OFF PLANET, yOU LIVE IN aMERika

you live across the imaginary line in the dirt that stops all snowfall from reaching north dakota, Minnesota, ohio, michigan, Illinois, new york and new england

Yes you fucking cuckold. You live in America. Not the United States.

You know what I mean.

A large amount of America does not have extreme snow fall. Of course most popular cars aren't going to be awd.

We have a severe lack of roads in most areas. Like all the farmland or weird enclaves where richfags build mansions on the side of mountains or the same dirt road the Hicks that live next to them drive down. It's time for you to come down and tour America.

>inb4 "it doesn't snow in Quebec"

You see a lot more awd and 4wd here. Quebec is not as bad as here. Try again.

AWD is not an end all, but it helps. I asked which AWD car system is better. Not to have some autistic screaming.

I could care less which car is popular. I want car that's for me.

Subaru and non-haldex Audi Quattros are considered the best.

Worth the potential head gasket issues on the subaru? Not sure on the reliability on them.

awd is a meme. just keep driving your econobox.

Do fucking leafs even get this piece of automotive excellence?