If you became immortal right now outside of suicide, how many years would you live? What would you do, Veeky Forums?

If you became immortal right now outside of suicide, how many years would you live? What would you do, Veeky Forums?

Gather knowledge.

All of it.

Me and user, now with fucking immortality, would found our own Cabal dedicated to the acquisition of any and all knowledge. We'd guide humanity to the stars and our quest for knowledge will reach the end of time.

>What would you do, Veeky Forums?

I will make my waifu real.

I'd start saving and recording things to become the greatest historical source ever

I'd also learn a shit ton of languages

depends

kill someone and serve a life sentence

Hi explosm.

I'd live until life became unbearable. Who knows how long that'd take.

I'd become the best cartoon director there ever was and then usher in a 100 years of the western animation renaissance.

The Japs have had it too good for too long.

Find the sauce of this no matter how long it takes

Start a cult, sustain and grow it until I find a good situation in which to martyr myself.
Maybe giving up my heart for transplant into a follower's child when I get board of doing sermons, which would be hundreds of years in the future.

Help me design my cult Veeky Forums, I need something that people will join, but will also know straight away that its a cult and so they know what they are getting. Honesty is the main thing, I always hated how crazy cult leaders were always totally profligate in reality.

Something warm and accepting on the surface level, but the dogma traps you in because you'll be ostracized and shunned both by the scripture and the community if you defect or question the cult.

Sort of like Catholicism and Mormonism.

I'd probably last 300 years I think. I'd read and explore the world for two centuries, and then I'd write

Pretty much this. I don't think we could accurately predict the course of our lives in that scenario until we''d be knee deep in it, though I suppose the passing of loved ones and having to form new relationships from scratch would provide the biggest challenge, and I think there's only so much most can take in that respect and go on indefinitely.

OP here. I met a 102 year old woman in a very remote, sparse area of Romania who said that she had lived for too long. I wonder my will to live can't last longer, being able-bodied and equipped to see more of the world? She said she looked forward to heaven, so existence itself hadn't tarnished I suppose. With my innate curiosity and without the pretense of an afterlife, I think I'd make it several centuries

And I see what you're saying about relationships, I don't think I could make it through more than two life partners

As long as I can without absolutely hating my existence

I'd probably attempt to create successful businesses to be wealthy enough to fund space exploration and films/vidya I want made

I'd probably also try to give a portion of my income to charity, or better yet fund vaccines and relief efforts

Also, bullet trains for all USA, because fuck planes and fuck driving

You would run out of space

Reddit pls go

probably would keep on living indefinitely, not much would change outside my original life plan up until 100+ anyways

get a job, secure basic self-preservation, make careful financial investments, keep waiting till I inevitably get rich with enough time with enough time and frugal living, being immortal and all, slowly enriching myself with more knowledge alongside the regular shitposting

ascend to wizardhood at 30, double wizard at 60, triple wizard 90, and so on

write meme books about meme existence

NEET life.

straight for shit like anne rice's vampire & raymond e feists valheru

>id grow wings and fucking fly through the sun

Build experience by living in different remote areas. Educate myself on how the world works/worked. Start a revolution, go against half the world. >fucking immortal anyways.
Make everybody suffer, kill myself with Eva Braun in a bunker.
People makes memes of me 70 years later. Kek

Obviously base it off your immortality. You wouldn't even need it to be a cult at that point, you could easily present yourself as an actual god on earth (Have someone shoot you in the head and walk it off, other impossible feats), and found a religion that would attract followers without the inherently dishonest elements of a cult.

Have you ever been to a Catholic church? Priests are there explicitly to answer questions about the religion, and the vatican has heaps of people who work for it who constantly question and debate parts of the scripture or later teachings.

That's pretty common for really old people I think, they just don't care that much about being alive anymore. Some love each new day they get, but I don't think there's any that are desperately wishing for the next one anymore, it's just kind of an added bonus if they get one, but death isn't scary to them anymore.

If you were immortal and had that viewpoint where death wasn't scary and you didn't have the "Well, things suck, but I've probably only got a few years left, so I'll make the best of it" mentality that extremely old people sometimes have, you'd almost definitely just off yourself.

Hoard my stuff.

Sell them/donate them as antiques 1000 years later

I'd become god Emperor of Mankind.

Wouldn't hard, just claim I'm god.
I'm fucking immortal.

First I'd break my entire body until I've regenerated into a 7ft tall god.

Find the sauce of everything!

The U.N should make it a human rights violation to make a gif or webm without sauce in the filename.

Kek

One benefit a vastly expanded lifespan/immortality could provide is the chipping away of the fear of failure, because it makes it so easy to just outlive the consequences and start anew.
You could run entire businesses to the ground and just look at that as a learning experience, provided you don't become too renowned in the eyes of the world that it hinders your efforts.

If I'd put it on my shoulders to help guide mankind to a positive fate, I'd focus my empire building and charity efforts regionally. Start small, uplift areas that are relatively easy to fix or just make better in order to get experience in doing so, and then move on towards more challenging territories, attempting a domino effect that would provide me with support from areas I've already spent my efforts on. It's the same with communities and nation states as with people, you'd better have the healthy mend the sick rather than the other way around.

wait until space travel became convenient and become a space pirate.